HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:38 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
31 Posts
Discussion
Are these good radios to buy used? Or are they obsolete?

My local hobby shop has these radios for sale used:

Jr 9303 with Spektrum module $195
Jr 10x $175

I don't know enough about radios to know if these are good deal or not.

The reason I am in the market for a radio is because I have a Dx6i right now, and I understand that 6 channels will be limiting in the future as I get a Naza with GPS and possibly a FPV setup.

Would either of these be worth the upgrade?

Thanks for your advice.
loac1111 is offline Find More Posts by loac1111
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:34 PM
Yep, Naza-controlled Tricopter
St. Louis
Joined Apr 2002
1,454 Posts
The 9303 is still in wide use (including by me) and is better than a lot of the stripped-down radios being made now. I think it's fair to say that the 10x is obsolete. I gave mine away 3 years ago.
tonyestep is offline Find More Posts by tonyestep
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:47 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyestep View Post
The 9303 is still in wide use (including by me) and is better than a lot of the stripped-down radios being made now. I think it's fair to say that the 10x is obsolete. I gave mine away 3 years ago.
Sounds good, thanks for the response. And I assume this would be fine for a quad? Might be a dumb question, but thought I would ask anyway.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:30 PM
Yep, Naza-controlled Tricopter
St. Louis
Joined Apr 2002
1,454 Posts
Oh sure, I use a 9303 for 2 of my quads. It has all the programming you need for a fancy controller like a Naza-M, plus additional channels to control a gimbal for a camera if desired. You just have to learn to program it, but that's true of any radio. If you get one and have programming questions, you'll no doubt find that lots of the experienced local pilots have used a 9303 at one time or another. I think you can download all the manuals from Horizon, and you may dig around on the web for some other programming advice as well. A lot has been written, because for a long time the 9303 was the top of the line JR radio and was used by competitive pilots in helis, 3-D, and especially soaring.
tonyestep is offline Find More Posts by tonyestep
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:12 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyestep View Post
Oh sure, I use a 9303 for 2 of my quads. It has all the programming you need for a fancy controller like a Naza-M, plus additional channels to control a gimbal for a camera if desired. You just have to learn to program it, but that's true of any radio. If you get one and have programming questions, you'll no doubt find that lots of the experienced local pilots have used a 9303 at one time or another. I think you can download all the manuals from Horizon, and you may dig around on the web for some other programming advice as well. A lot has been written, because for a long time the 9303 was the top of the line JR radio and was used by competitive pilots in helis, 3-D, and especially soaring.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:39 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
31 Posts
whoops, double post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:32 PM
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
I would vote to get a 9x or 9xr with Frsky Modules and load er9x on it....But Im a poor, cheap bastard...lol...
weldmonkey is offline Find More Posts by weldmonkey