HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:21 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,035 Posts
Perhaps the question should have included "... for sport flying.." or suchlike.

Yello is of course correct, for racing you can't really argue with the results. Whereas for sport flying the term "best" becomes somewhat subjective as we've seen....
DownUnderPilot is offline Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:21 PM
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Jacko,

To be honest, i dont know how to define "best" motor, but here in the context of funpylon or sportflying and regarding the requirement of high doppler or radar readings i would set my focus at top speed.

I agree, the Megas are really impressing in taking overload and compared to 2 or 4 polers they show an advantage in eta if setted up overloaded.

Analysing most of the usual 2,5kw+Mega setup here i would expekt an eta of about 65-70% which is nice compared to a (for example)Hacker with similar weight but eta of 50% at that 2,5kw+.

But at 1,5 Kw it turns completly, the hacker has an advantage of several % cause eta max is higher.Output may be not much lower than the oveloaded 2,5KW!!!!

So if you find right motor with eta max for the specific working point you may get even higher output without overloading.
2-or 4 pole Motors will require higher weight to find the max eta at that high powerlevels but they will offer more output,
But as most of the guys arrond here struggle to get an f5d below 1000g even with a 170g Mega i am pretty sure there will be options to save the weight to be invested in higher drive efficiency!

I am sure you will get the datas from the premium manufactureres and its up to you to compare, you can not expext the manufacturers to offer you comparison to competitors.

Do not focus at single eta numbers,its the eta curve that counts.
Some manufacturers offers datasheets with Voltage ,RPM, torque,input and output power,just ask,and tell them you want that information otherwise you will not buy!

You are right:
Quote:
Best is the fact we have options
Yello
Mreyello is offline Find More Posts by Mreyello
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:46 PM
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Voodoo.
dont worry,i dont have the impression that your posts are pointed at me.
I followed your progress and we had some nice PM conversation so i think we both have a nice discussion base thatwhy i take your posts to respond.

Its still hard for me to show the right mood here in english,sometimes i may appear rude or pissed,but be aware its easier to come up straight in an extraneous language.

Yello
Mreyello is offline Find More Posts by Mreyello
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:01 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mreyello View Post
Voodoo.
dont worry,i dont have the impression that your posts are pointed at me.
I followed your progress and we had some nice PM conversation so i think we both have a nice discussion base thatwhy i take your posts to respond.

Its still hard for me to show the right mood here in english,sometimes i may appear rude or pissed,but be aware its easier to come up straight in an extraneous language.

Yello
Yes, I've noticed sometimes when native German speakers post in English they can come across like that. But it's a tribute to you Yello that you are contributing at such detailed level. Please, continue to post, you're adding a lot to this forum
DownUnderPilot is offline Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:06 PM
Hemet California
Joined Jul 2009
779 Posts
Yello, I am working alot with Paul S, emails almost every day and his emails are just like yours, have no worries we appriciate the help and just be glad we do not try to write in German
D.English is offline Find More Posts by D.English
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:14 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
I love Yello
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child