HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:44 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Discussion
Smooth video and what your settings are

ok, so I just got done building a carboncore 950 and am trying to get real smooth videos. No vibration problem, just doesnt seem smooth like even smaller units with gopros... Is it my gains? What should they be set at? Can you guys let me know what your settings are to get the smooth videos? Im in the process of uploading a video so that you can see what mine looks like.
simonsay is offline Find More Posts by simonsay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:50 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,419 Posts
You might want to expand a little on what you have inside said frame. Perhaps also mention if it's the quad or hex version
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Heres the video..
First flight with carboncor 950 (5 min 53 sec)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Here's the setup:
carboncore 950m hexa
WKM, avroto 2814 motors/turnigy plush 40 esc
Gimbal is the aeroxcraft VTR125
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:05 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Here's some images...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:07 PM
Rc nut
Biggest little City
Joined Apr 2005
219 Posts
I don't see the flight.
Jman44 is online now Find More Posts by Jman44
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:09 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
sorry here they are..
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Should be able to see both video and images now.

Let me know what I need to do to get super smooth videos... is it gains? the gimbal? or is it software I need to use to get this to stop the shaking. After I uploaded to youtube, I previewed the stabilization that youtube has and it definitely minimized it...
Last edited by simonsay; Jan 21, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:56 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Firstly are you flying in Auto Level mode?, If so you need to be able to fly in manual mode , it will help give smoother video. Secondly the majority of people posting video are doing things in post production but dont like to admit to it. To get really smooth footage you need to understand that a number of small things all combine to smoother footage. Things such as how stiff your gimbal is connected to your frame, flying in manual mode, converting 60fps down to 30fps, retiming your footage down to 90% of normal speed , using stabilization software carefully. Your video isnt too bad for a first video. What camera are you using?
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:05 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Using the nex7. The gimbal is attached to the LG also from aeroxcraft.
I was flying in gps at first, then switched to atti... Haven't tried it in manual yet.

Switch to manual mode
60fps down to 30fps
retime to 90%
What stabilization software is everyone using?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:12 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
You can spend 20 percent of your effort to get to 80 percent of your goal in smooth video footage. You will spend 80 percent of your effort trying to get the remaining 20 percent of getting smooth video.

The simplest and most expensive method is to get a Zenmuse. Since you are already flying with a WooKong.

The simplest and least expensive is just to accept the footage and do some post processing.

The rest is doing some experiment in between.

You can also get a HoverFly gimbal controller and use better servos for your gimbal but there is no end to tweaking and trying different servos.

All the other vendors will want to make you think that by using their ware will give you better footage. I don't think so.

You were flying in a very protected area with no wind. Wait till you start to fly in gusty condition. Not too many multi rotors/gimbal combination can handle gusty wind. It is just a matter of knowing your limitation and flying within the limit.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:00 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Yeah, there was almost no wind at all. What post processing software do you guys use?
Would love to buy the zenmuse...but $3500 is a few thousand too much for me right now.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsay View Post
Yeah, there was almost no wind at all. What post processing software do you guys use?
Would love to buy the zenmuse...but $3500 is a few thousand too much for me right now.
Depends on what computer do you use. I use a Mac so I use iMovie. Final Cut Pro also has a good post process stabilizer. If you are using a Windows based PC some one else will have to chime in.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Dec 2012
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
Depends on what computer do you use. I use a Mac so I use iMovie. Final Cut Pro also has a good post process stabilizer. If you are using a Windows based PC some one else will have to chime in.
hmmm..that's another thing. I was thinking about getting a mac, but for now I have a PC.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:02 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsay View Post
hmmm..that's another thing. I was thinking about getting a mac, but for now I have a PC.
I think for the PC you can use a program called "Deshaker".