HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:32 PM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Apr 2011
34 Posts
Discussion
Terrain/WIndspeed for DS

What type of terrain is best for DS? I am certain that my reflexes and piloting ability would never allow me to do anything besides achieve airfrafame/ground interface. However I live just a few minutes from Washoe Valley NV (South of Reno NV) and from the few videos I have seen it has the combination of high windspeeds and ridges that would be ideal.
Just curious if anyone has tried to DS there?
ChrisMX105 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisMX105
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
Objects in mirror are losing
USA, NV, Reno
Joined May 2003
3,566 Posts
There are great hills to fly in Washoe but the wind is rarely good for the few spots that are DSable. Where did you have in mind exactly?
I've DSed McClellan, Duck Hill and at the top of the open pit mine. Nothing to write home about.
Hidden Valley at the end of Pembroke is a pretty good spot with more consistant wind direction in the Spring/Summer.
PM me and I will let you know when we go flying.
Stu

PS, my avatar is McClellan overlooking Washoe Valley.
1000MPH is offline Find More Posts by 1000MPH