Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 23, 2003, 02:23 AM
Pershore, England
Joined Oct 2003
9 Posts
Question
What size servos should I use?

I'm building a Bucker Jungmann from the Complete-A-Pac range. It's a quarter scale, 72" wing span biplane with a target weight of 10 lb. I intend to use two servos for ailerons, each one controlling one side - upper and lower ailerons. It's going to be powered by a Laser 100, which Neil Tidey recommends as the best size.

My current question is whether standard JR servos will be man enough for the job, or will I need higher power servos? I intend to fly in a scale manner, but the full size is capable of basic aerobatics - rolls, loops, etc.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Chris
ceejay flyer is offline Find More Posts by ceejay flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2003, 05:33 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,029 Posts
Chris,

Standard ball-raced JR servos should be OK if you use one per side of the wing as you describe. You might like to use two linked together for the elevator, by this means you have double the power and in the event of a failure of one, half movement.
Put the elevator servos side by side and link the same side of each arm with a bar, say from 12swg ali. The bar is pivoted where it bolts to each arm and the pushrod link is taken off of a hole in the bar equi-distant between the two pivots.

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart