HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Balr14, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:32 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,432 Posts
Discussion
Long time... lots of changes

Wow, it's been a long time. My HBFP/GuruZ upgrade venture never got off the ground. I couldn't find someplace that would make the parts for a reasonable cost.
That was a few years ago, anyway....

At this point, I'm backing out of the hobby. I should have done this a year ago, but I just couldn't do it. I have a number of physical problems that are making it more and more difficult to fly. I thought if I tried RC cars, that would be an OK substitute for flying. It didn't work out so well. I don't have a good place to use them and I really couldn't develop much enthusiasm. Plus the Traxxas Stampede I upgraded to run 3S burns the crap out of my lawn. I had a hard time explaining the twin 2" wide brown stripes in the grass to my wife!

Anyway, I've sold all my quads, cars and most of my helis. I still have a few I'm going to sell, a couple I'll give away. I'd like to keep my Quark and MCPx V2. I'm thinking maybe I will buy a quad that has lots of pilot assists. I am going to build a steam punk quad based on the attached image. I have an old Revell CSS Alabama ship model to use as a basis. It won't fly very fast or do any aerobatics, just cruise.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post

I'm thinking maybe I will buy a quad that has lots of pilot assists.
I hope you will be able to keep on sharing your extensive experience with us on the RCG forums.!

Best wishes and thank you for all the help given me.

Javid.

PS The new WL Toys V202 quad has 6 axis stabilization, LED lights, can handle wind, is ultra-micro and costs $55 shipped.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Mar 2012
1,158 Posts
You've also helped me greatly!!
It's only been about 10 months or so.
I joke about when I get older I'll fly full scale..
Airplanes soon but I'll get more daring toward the end and do helicopters.
I do look forward to many more great conversations in the future.
I hope wherever you're at now that it kinda levels off there fore a long time and does not get worse.

Thanks again for all of your help and fun.

I love the quads, actual fun all the others (450s) are nerve wracking still.
I hope to get past that stage soon so I can enjoy flying more.
N8LBV is offline Find More Posts by N8LBV