HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:08 AM
United Kingdom, Leeds
Joined Jun 2011
20 Posts
Discussion
Avanti S - Sebart - Wing Fixing

For some time now I have been thinking of getting a Sebart Avanti S, recently I came accross a copy of the photo instruction manual and I was interested to see the method of retaining the wings on the model.

It seems that you have to drill through the wing from the underside, ( not sure if the actual postion of the hole is located or identified on the wing ) then the carbon fibre wing tube is installed and then that is drilled slightly smaller using the first hole as a pilot and a 3mm x 16mm screw is inserted to hold the wing in place. It does not identify anything other than the balsa skin and covering as acting as the medium of holding the screw ( and wing )

I have always employed how to say more positive methods of retaining wings and I am looking for any comments on this, it could be that the photo instructions are not showing everything.

Thank you
Gene Genie is offline Find More Posts by Gene Genie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,193 Posts
If you can find someone that has a set.. Mulitplex wing locks are the answer. There may be other similar ways to do it such as automotive locks used to hold body panels on(just thinking out loud)
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!