HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:14 PM
USA, IL, Evansville
Joined Oct 2010
152 Posts
Discussion
castle esc problem after only 4.5 runs grr? sidewinder 3 4600 merv just quit no motor

i have a 1/16 erevo on 3s with a sidewinder 3 esc and castle 1406 4900 combo running 50/26 gearing and was running smooth cool and POWERFULL now im dead after 4.5 runs with it. should i stick with castle or not?

i was bashing in the back yard and 3 minutes into a pack the car just stopped!! i thought mayby the switch got turned off but nope the esc was still lit yellow and had no motor as if the motor just went bad. still have servo power and esc lights. i repowered it and nothing no beeps at all but servo power and control, then took the esc and switched the motor wires around to see if revearse worked... still had servo but no beeps or motor. then connected the link and reinstalled firmware, same dead motor after that. from what ive seen in the threads the esc is bad. what will castle do? will they send me a new esc and or motor up front or make me send mine back? **** things only 4.5 runs and 1 week old. this is sadd man everything was running soooo cool and powerfull. now im dead in the dang water again.
chiefs_nut_58 is offline Find More Posts by chiefs_nut_58
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:40 AM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Olathe, KS (next to the Castle)
Joined Jun 2001
1,649 Posts
Give us a call in Tech Support at Castle Creations so we can get this taken care of for you.

Bernie
Bernie Wolfard is offline Find More Posts by Bernie Wolfard
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:29 PM
USA, IL, Evansville
Joined Oct 2010
152 Posts
sent the esc in on tuesday got there today (friday) and is already half/ diagnosed!! the esc is bad kinda like i figured but the motor is fine. this is exactly why i like to buy local / as local as i can. when i purchased the combo i figured, "hey castle is close and has great support from what i hear" so i pulled the trigger regardless of the trolls that said "castle cremations" burns up alot. buy hey tell me if hobbyking would have done this with a econo-esc and ill kiss ya butt. thanks castle and let me know what is goin on with it as soon as you do.

jake
chiefs_nut_58 is offline Find More Posts by chiefs_nut_58