HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:21 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
324 Posts
Discussion
Got To Fly Today!

Been crazy busy of late, and a couple weeks ago I started the 6 day work week thing until end of March.

Anyway... the daughter and all wanted to get together and fly today on account of the great weather we had. So... they made the drive over to our place and we packed up and headed to the flying field.

THIS TIME I REMEMBERED THE FUEL!!!

I put in some flights, the daughter put in some flights... and I began teaching the daughter's fiance' and our 13 year old grand daughter how to fly control line.

No incidents all day long.

OH... and I uncorked my 36X powered Demon and let'r rip. Am glad to report it was no big deal! I'm comfortable enough with the speed/etc that I'm back to doing horizontal sport eights, outside horizontal eights, vertical eights, both inside and outside, overhead eights, inverted flight, free-styling, etc. Have a long ways to go before I'm satisfied with myself again... but it's reassuring to know I can still fly the faster stuff at nearly 61 years of age! It's so much more fun than my slow stuff.

Stupid me: I took the camera but was so busy helping flying and flying, that I didn't shoot a pic one!

Anyway... great day. Hope you all had some fun, too.
LA Ming is offline Find More Posts by LA Ming
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:30 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,355 Posts
Good for you, Ming. It's great to have interested family members. My son will fly now and then, but he's busy and can take it or leave it.

I had a great day flying today too. Took out my two Baby Streaks and my Li'l Satan. Only flew one of the Streaks, my newest one. Both are kit built and my Satan is a scratch from plans. I got a couple of new videos for my Tube channel today.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty