HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Rosster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:08 PM
I'll Fly Anything...
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
245 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Sold
Ikon N'West Stinson Reliant SR-9

For Sale: 1/4 Scale Ikon N'West Stinson Reliant SR-9 Complete, ready to fly. Powered by Zenoah G-45 with Spring Starter. Hitec digital servos on Elevator, Rudder and Ailerons, NiCD Rx Pack. Rx is not included.

Very docile flier, really, one of my favorites, just parting company with it to delve more into single seat fighters of WWII.

Covered and trimmed by Coverite Fabric, this bird is really in good shape and because it's fabric, can be kept in good shape.

Asking $ 900.00 USD. I live in MI and can work something out to get it to you. Just PM Me.
Rosster is offline Find More Posts by Rosster
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:00 PM
Joined Nov 2006
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Can you send more pics of the plane?
THETIREMAN1 is offline Find More Posts by THETIREMAN1
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:27 AM
I'll Fly Anything...
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
245 Posts
Stinson Reliant Details

Here are some more photos of this plane. With the Ikon design, the struts are functional - you bolt the struts onto the landing gear at the bottom and then the bottom of the wing. Then there are two bolts that go into the wing root from the inside of the cockpit. Both cockpit doors open and you reach your hand in and bolt it tight.

Then you connect the flap and aileron servos and you are ready to go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:37 PM
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Apr 2010
23 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Great looking plane, excellent job!!!

I am building an Ikon Stinson. Do you have some pictures of how you attached the struts at the top and bottom?
cjsljs is online now Find More Posts by cjsljs
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:36 PM
I'll Fly Anything...
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
245 Posts
Not on hand, but i can tell you that the struts are mounted to the bottom of the wing with a 1/4" ply plate with a blink nut mounted on the plate inside the wing. 8-32's.

Then the strut is mounted via a 6-32 bolt into the aluminum gear plate at the bottom near the wheels. Is does interfere somewhat with the doors, but if the struts are built right; she'll hold together.

If i may offer advice, make sure to mount the plates in the wing securely on to the ribs. Otherwise it will be a short flight.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread