Foolin' around (5 min 19 sec)
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:20 AM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Excellent work !!

Could you give us the total weight and the average time of flight ?
What is the maximum weight that can fly your quad ?
Synthex is offline Find More Posts by Synthex
Last edited by Synthex; Jan 29, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:02 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
Thanks guys. Total weight without battery is 37.5 grams. Add 8-9 grams for battery depending on which one is used. Average flight time has been around 5 1/2 minutes, with the stock V202 25C batteries.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:47 PM
Happy Holidays
Joined Jan 2013
961 Posts
Looks real clean
AnthonysQuad is offline Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
Thanks Anthony.

Well the Mini Pet was getting jealous that so much DNA was coming from the H36 and V202 so I told him "Look, we need those guys for performance", and Mr. MP says "Well I look better!", so I conceded he was right and injected more MP DNA from the lighting department:

Bill, we really need to do the speed test on this one because it's definately faster than 25mph.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,044 Posts
I flew this quad today at our Bi-Weekly fly-in.

I am so incredibly impressed. It just flies so exactly right. And it's fast fast fast.

I think the UFO canopy is an important choice for this. It seems to really promote race track speeds while also preventing the descending wobble of death, and it enhances cornering. I can't praise the flight characteristics of this quad enough.

I took this up probably 60 feet, cranked it over while cutting the throttle, and actually got a full on tumble going on, then I nailed the throttle, it came around and totally ripped it under complete control.

This sucker rocks. I want one, and I want it now!!! LOL
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined Dec 2005
24 Posts
Massive, thanks for inviting me out to the fly-in today, it was great meeting everyone there. This Frankenstein-quad needs to go into production! It flys so smooth and handles the wind with no effort. I agree with Cyberbill, I want one now!!!!
Mark
plane_mc is offline Find More Posts by plane_mc
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:13 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
Glad to have you with us Mark. We're gonna make you fly more next time though. You don't have to worry about breaking the V202 like the X4.......it's bullet-proof.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Sep 2010
74 Posts
Hey MO,

Put me on the waiting list, I want at least one maybe more lol...
Jakk is offline Find More Posts by Jakk
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
Does the U816 make a good platform for a frankenquad do you think? The local hobby store has one they are trying to get rid of. I would like to get a V202 but the price seems Ok on the U816.
Jagged1980 is offline Find More Posts by Jagged1980
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:44 AM
Stoyan Zhekov
Japan, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka
Joined Dec 2012
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged1980 View Post
Does the U816 make a good platform for a frankenquad do you think? The local hobby store has one they are trying to get rid of. I would like to get a V202 but the price seems Ok on the U816.
It's great, believe me. I like the arms+motors ready combo. It's pretty crash resistant too. Just add some frame and board and you are ready to go.
zhesto is offline Find More Posts by zhesto
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:35 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
It doesn't make it a good platform for mass production due to the different PCB mounting design, but for one-offs I'm sure it's suitable.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Crossing the v202 brain with the H36 body is cool... however, i'm still wondering if the v202 brain would power a larger quad body like from the (silly cheep and crash resistant) Syma X1
fyrebryan is offline Find More Posts by fyrebryan
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:53 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Thanks Anthony.

Well the Mini Pet was getting jealous that so much DNA was coming from the H36 and V202 so I told him "Look, we need those guys for performance", and Mr. MP says "Well I look better!", so I conceded he was right and injected more MP DNA from the lighting department:

Bill, we really need to do the speed test on this one because it's definately faster than 25mph.
Really nice work on the frankenquad MO, and the LEDs are a nice touch too. (production item?) I'm very tempted to buy 'n fly the V202/Franken and see what all the hype is aboot!
After seeing the "toss test" It looks like the V202 has a very smart/strong self leveling algorithm like the fw 1.4+ KK2 board
A fw1.4 KK2 quad with "self leveling on" can be thrown up into-the-air side-ways like the V202 and be magically throttled into a level hover too. Can also tumble from the sky and be throttled back into a right-side-up recovery... magical stuff ... so I'm quite suprised the WL engineers implemented that code into the V202 already!
hmmm I'm intrigued... i think i'd like you to build me one too.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:50 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
Hey Vpsporb, Bill was nice enough to send me a source for cheap LEDs so we'll see if we can at least offer the LEDs and instructions. I like the concept of mounting LEDs in the canopy. They may not be as visible as those mounted at the ends of booms, but it does allow you to swap the canopy for one without LEDs if you need the extra weight savings or want to exchange the LED canopy to other quads with power ports.

What's scary is that the V202 programming has some improvements that can still be made.

Our Frankenparts are scheduled to be here next week so we'll see if they are viable for production.
RCG Plus Member