Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:50 PM
Chicago Mayor: A Terrorist
USA, CA, SoCal
Joined Sep 2002
400 Posts
Cool
Funniest Sailplane for Sale Ad Ever!

Just ran across this on the other RC site in this universe. Has to be the funniest ad I have ever seen. A guy selling a Slope Trik going on a rant about power pilots.

In case the link won't work anymore, I'm pasting the original text here (didn't see a copyright notice )
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=895118
Quote:
This glider has been repaired after hitting tree limbs. Cosmetic damage only. You must bring a highstart or send me a video of you using one. I do not sell to motor only people. They will simply crash this and want a refund.

I sold a previous full hoise glider to a gas guy.here locally. He was so ashamed that he could not stay up he offered to give it back and let me keep the money. He did not want to face his failure by having it inside his house. He also would not take the private coaching he was offered. He also refused a booklet on soaring. This is how 99 percent of power pilots act....I hate to attack you all but preaching about sin requires confrontation.

You guys have some kind of problem where you can only fly one way. You put motors on everything or give up. Thats no way to live your life. You that motorize gliders are throwing your hobby away. Motor gliders are boring. Its like going skydiving and never jumping out of the plane.If you cheat with motors you will also cheat in all aspects of your life- aka domestic violence - atheism etc..self deception- cheating your own mind- denial

You guys who have been flyiing a while--Once you know how to easily loop and roll youll see how bored you are. A gas motor simply pulls you thru the air and you simply slam the sticks for rolls. I have been in clubs for years and have seen pilots one by one quit and bring all their planes for sale to the club parking lot. Power planes get old fast. A gas motor plane is like having an old mechanical player piano that plays itself, but you try to convince yourself that youre a muiscian. It just wont work. The 3d type pilots quit the most.

Your wife will thank you for the money saved by never buying gas rc planes. But many of you being great at deception will find some other way to abuse your wives.(Youre angry inside- the past) None of you want counseling. You cant realize that forgiveness does not require reconcilitation with your abusive father.so- alcohol and verbal abuse makes you feel better

Too bad you (most of you) cant get into gliders that are always a challenge. You cant do that because you seek instant gratification. The bible proves your life is wrong and talks about your attitude...

To those who claim they havent quit yet and prefer power. Youve never owned a fast heavy 88 ounce molded full carbon glider nor have you ever flown one in strong summer thermals. The truth is that what your prefer is unknown. "You dont know"

Theres not of you that can pull back a bungee thats for sure. Thats why at gas club I was at I saw many pilots coming back from surgery or near death due to heart failure or problems. The only exercise you guy get is when you flip that prop.
pilotfrank is offline Find More Posts by pilotfrank
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:19 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,631 Posts
Priceless
davidjensen is online now Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:29 PM
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,766 Posts
Wow, and he's from Pantego Texas, right next to Arlington, same as that guy on here called Lookingatsale (or Kewhite, or testrun234, or directions, as he's calling himself now). Could it be the same guy?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...677822&page=15
BigSwede is online now Find More Posts by BigSwede
Last edited by BigSwede; Jan 20, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:47 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,894 Posts
Oh yes, gotta be him. It's the bible stuff that gives him away...
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:43 PM
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Haha! My thoughts exactly!
BigSwede is online now Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:08 PM
Joined Oct 2004
564 Posts
Strangely , I agree with his assessment of some people putting a motor on a SAILPANE
jetmaven is online now Find More Posts by jetmaven
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Jan 2007
564 Posts
that fellow has some you tube videos also, he always brings religious talk in to his glider videos ,and shunning powered glider pilots, i for one fly powered gliders because i only have a small field to fly from. i would love to have use of a bigger field so i use a high start but no such thing in my neck of the woods
larryg is online now Find More Posts by larryg
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:46 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Praise
Jesus is back , but would he condemn the Power flyers
wakumann is offline Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2003
6,915 Posts
Does he DS in thermals- and does it haul?
slopemeno is online now Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Goat Rock Threads
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:08 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,631 Posts
DLG's work great at small fields.
davidjensen is online now Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:52 PM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2005
1,160 Posts
this cant be real.....
jzanutto is offline Find More Posts by jzanutto
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:32 AM
confuselage say...
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined May 2004
91 Posts
Haven't laughed that hard in a bit. Great stuff.
11b2c is offline Find More Posts by 11b2c
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:59 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
I didn't know Histarter had a brother!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:38 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,744 Posts
Having flown with this guy and Highstarter... This guy is actually worse... oh, wait, no Highstarter is worse... no,maybe this guy is... Oh well... you get the message...

The sad part is that they believe they are legends... (the good kind)...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,770 Posts
Wow Jack, what a confession!!! It must get lonely out there on the windswept praire?? Luckly your are so darn stuck in your ways you didn't learn anything from them........
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly