HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Discussion
1st Time RC Plane - Eurofighter

Hi

I am new to this Hobby and thought I would share my first time RC plane build, I have never owned one or flown one before. I have been watching videos from YouTube of people making and flying them so thought I should give it a go.

I was not sure what to make but knew I wanted to have a jet, obviously not a real one, an EDF. I have decided on the Euro-Fighter because the real thing looks awesome in flight in real life.

Electronic Spec:
2x 70mm 3000rvp EDF's 30a
2 Turnigy Plush 30a Brushless Speed Controller
Turnigy 9X Transmitter 2.4Ghz
5 Turnigy Servos
Electric Retracts
2x Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C

The hole plane is made from 3mm & 6mm Depron, Throughout the structure I have inserted 6mm Carbon Strips into the depron for strength.

Anyhow if anyone has any tips on things I might have to change then please let me know as I would hate for it not to fly.
TomHardcastle is offline Find More Posts by TomHardcastle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:26 AM
Joined Jan 2013
31 Posts
Looks amazing !!!!
DennyNC is offline Find More Posts by DennyNC
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:26 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,252 Posts
make sure you ask around in this section: http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/

also, if you haven't flown before, i recommend that you leave that jet once its built and start with a trainer instead. the hobbyzone champ or hobbyzone supercub are good examples.

or maybe you could build your own. folks at the link above could help you out with that too.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,324 Posts
do not try to fly that as a first plane ! it will last about 6 seconds and make you cry. start with a mild trainer as suggested .
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:36 PM
25+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,465 Posts
BigIron357 is offline Find More Posts by BigIron357
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:04 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,417 Posts
If that's the first plane you will fly we are looking at future toothpicks. Are you doing this by yourself or are you going to have a qualified instructor and a buddy box?
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I have also been making a small trainer plane, I have put too many hours into this one to take it up as a first time flyer.

I have a friend that will be going with me also when I get the rest of the equipment together.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:09 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,252 Posts
you weren't posting in the wrong forum - the other forum is just a bit more focused to your specific needs regarding the jet. good luck with your project and your flying.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:12 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,406 Posts
It's not particularly the wrong forum, (well you are a beginner, soon to become an addict like the rest of us ).

But if you need information on EDF models it may be worth looking in one of the following forums in this group -

Aircraft - Electric - Jets

I had a search through the forums on the Eurofighter but couldn't find one that looks like yours. Who's kit is it ?

And welcome to the forums.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
I have been reading through some of the other forums. There is some helpful information there.

Its not a kit that I have made. I had a 1:48 Model and from the painting drawings in the instructions I have up scaled it. They look almost identical when next to each other. I could not find any plans for it so just thought I would give it a go. Might not even fly
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:04 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHardcastle View Post
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I have also been making a small trainer plane, I have put too many hours into this one to take it up as a first time flyer.

I have a friend that will be going with me also when I get the rest of the equipment together.
Cool! Takes the pressure off building the jet because you know you don't have to get it in the air next week. Looks great so far!

How about some shots of the trainer?
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins