HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:32 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Well, since I orderd another 450 clone to use for parts to fix the one I crashed, I pulled the trigger on a Flybarless head to go with it. We'll see how easy it is to lock into a fixed pitch by either shims on the main shaft, or replaceing the bearings in the blade grips with a shim. Either way I will definately have the training gear on this puppy. LOL
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:35 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Valkenswaard
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Arrowshooteer, I was reding on a blog from someone ho has been taken the flybar of his cp and addet springs in the servolinks.
He has been flowing whit it, but never have giving an update oubout it.
I have you the link, but its in the dutch loungwich, but the pictyeres give yuo some idee.
http://members.chello.nl/k.karssen2/Flybarless.htm
His goal has been to make his chopper flybarles whitout the expensive electronics.
dakie is offline Find More Posts by dakie
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:03 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Well, since I orderd another 450 clone to use for parts to fix the one I crashed, I pulled the trigger on a Flybarless head to go with it. We'll see how easy it is to lock into a fixed pitch by either shims on the main shaft, or replaceing the bearings in the blade grips with a shim. Either way I will definately have the training gear on this puppy. LOL
Um, just an opinion from the peanut gallery. I dont know what all your running on the 450 clone, but if you have a programable TX, just set up a flat pich curve.

That way down the road when/if you want to go with the CP FBL, you dont have to undo all the lock down ideas or blade shiming.

If you do move on to CP, you will thank me. The handling is soooo much better than a FP.

JMHO because I've been down this road and still fly 2 FP's, but I love the CP's and need to get rid of some bad habits I learned on the FP helis.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:46 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Um, just an opinion from the peanut gallery. I dont know what all your running on the 450 clone, but if you have a programable TX, just set up a flat pich curve.

That way down the road when/if you want to go with the CP FBL, you dont have to undo all the lock down ideas or blade shiming.

If you do move on to CP, you will thank me. The handling is soooo much better than a FP.

JMHO because I've been down this road and still fly 2 FP's, but I love the CP's and need to get rid of some bad habits I learned on the FP helis.
what habits? don't CP tilt to the left when take off? It might be wrong place to ask but I want to know also what is difference b/n real and RC CP helicopters?
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:08 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
what habits? don't CP tilt to the left when take off? It might be wrong place to ask but I want to know also what is difference b/n real and RC CP helicopters?
For one thing, slaming the throttle down and going into negative pitch, learning to use TH and IU for the other.

All helis I've had have some drift when taking off, this isnt a CP thing only. As for the difference between a real and RC heli, I wouldnt have a clue.

Jeesh, its to early for all this thinking, I'm only on my second cup of joe
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:23 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:

I am using the Tx/Rx from a Walkera V200D01 and it does not have those adjustments. It is pretty inexpensive and so far fits the bill. I have considered the possibility learning CP, but at this time I am very content with where I am headed with FP. I will look you up to offer thanks when I decide to switch one of these over to CP end fall in love all over again.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:34 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
I am using the Tx/Rx from a Walkera V200D01 and it does not have those adjustments. It is pretty inexpensive and so far fits the bill. I have considered the possibility learning CP, but at this time I am very content with where I am headed with FP. I will look you up to offer thanks when I decide to switch one of these over to CP end fall in love all over again.
Well it was just a suggestion and as long as your having fun doing it this way,thats all that matters.

Everybody motors down the road to their own tune,,,, and its all good
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:45 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
When you crash real helis, you get hurt too.
Most things that happen in a rc CP heli are pretty much the same in real helicopters except the smaller you go, the faster they happen.
The real helicopter is limited by blade tip speed. It must never exceed the speed of sound. +1 on Warhorse's response. You also need major adjustment to your use of the throttle and the cyclics. On a CP, if you bang the Ail all the way to the side as you need to in a fixed pitch, you may end up upside down. There is a lot of adjustment to make after flying a 45 degree flybar fixed pitch. That is why I modified my MJX to make it fly more like a CP, to reduce the adjust between flights. Flybarless is also an adjustment, but a good one. You issue a command, and the heli responds without the delay of a flybar.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:34 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
When you crash real helis, you get hurt too.
Most things that happen in a rc CP heli are pretty much the same in real helicopters except the smaller you go, the faster they happen.
The real helicopter is limited by blade tip speed. It must never exceed the speed of sound. +1 on Warhorse's response. You also need major adjustment to your use of the throttle and the cyclics. On a CP, if you bang the Ail all the way to the side as you need to in a fixed pitch, you may end up upside down. There is a lot of adjustment to make after flying a 45 degree flybar fixed pitch. That is why I modified my MJX to make it fly more like a CP, to reduce the adjust between flights. Flybarless is also an adjustment, but a good one. You issue a command, and the heli responds without the delay of a flybar.
thanks. I'm glad that I'm not pilot of real heli. Actually, when I hover f45 in my small room I think there's no much difference in the way I do it from how I would fly CP except negative pitch which I don't see use in real life. Do civil helicopters have negative pitch? My question was about mechanics: do real helis have servos like rc, how they are balanced( you can't just remove blades and scale them can you?) I was looking for answers in youtube but found nothing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:00 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
thanks. I'm glad that I'm not pilot of real heli. Actually, when I hover f45 in my small room I think there's no much difference in the way I do it from how I would fly CP except negative pitch which I don't see use in real life. Do civil helicopters have negative pitch? My question was about mechanics: do real helis have servos like rc, how they are balanced( you can't just remove blades and scale them can you?) I was looking for answers in youtube but found nothing.
I think only enough to allow autorotate. I'm sure they have some kind do electronic assist. A friend of mine built a kit helicopter years ago. His was all mechanical collective controls. The blades he had to hand build out of select wood they supplied in the kit that came as a rectangle 2x10 . And yes, balancing everything was critical. And yes, he did fly it when he took lessons. He later sold it because there was no market for his services and it was not suitable for our winter climate.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Try reading this as it pertains to real helis, seems we know most of this already and shares the same characteristics with RC helis.

http://www.start-flying.com/new%20site/heli1.htm
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Try reading this as it pertains to real helis, seems we know most of this already and shares the same characteristics with RC helis.

http://www.start-flying.com/new%20site/heli1.htm
thanks. that's very useful. I recently got spoiled by visualization like this:
How do servos work / Jak działa serwo? / Fonctionnement du servomoteur (4 min 4 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Just learned that when you buy a flybarless head kit, most of them are not the complete head assembly as you need to use parts from the original head, like the featering shaft, to complete. On top of the, the head from the clone kits do not use the same feathering shaft. More parts to order, so it's a good thing I love shopping.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
Joined Aug 2003
579 Posts
hi,on a bell jet ranger the blades have there weight stamped on them .the book
tells you how much lead shot to add to hollow bolt on blade grip to offset weight difference
mdugas is offline Find More Posts by mdugas
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdugas View Post
hi,on a bell jet ranger the blades have there weight stamped on them .the book
tells you how much lead shot to add to hollow bolt on blade grip to offset weight difference
Interesting tidbit. I use scotch tape, but we are taking about grams and they are talking about pounds.
Last edited by arrowshooter; Jan 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM.