SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:12 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Nope, your not the only one, this happened on a 9117 I got through Aliexpress and after fighting with them they sent another PCB for shipping only, and in the mean time I ordered another PCB from a different vendor, as it turns out the TX has some kind of damage and I got 3 boards laying around and a brand new 9117 sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

That was the last DH anything for me, unfortunatly these are just plain junk. A lesson well learned for me tho.
Well guess what the new PCB for the 9116 came in today order it from ebay and ship from Texas. Put the pcb and fired up the TX and the heli respond wright away no delay and no playing with the throttle to get the heli to spin up. So I guess the problem is with some of the pcb. Now I have another TX coming soon from banggood which I may not even need now. Well at lease now I have one heli out of 5 that is flying again lol
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:41 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Thanks guys! I REALLY have high hopes for my FP450. As for my skills flying it? Well, I have best wishes at least. Hopefully, this beast will fly within the week.

I am the king of stupid mistakes like the run up in the house. Luckily, no one has ever been injured due to my poor planning, short of my own pride being bruised. It's all in fun, right? LOL
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:17 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc View Post
Thanks guys! I REALLY have high hopes for my FP450. As for my skills flying it? Well, I have best wishes at least. Hopefully, this beast will fly within the week.

I am the king of stupid mistakes like the run up in the house. Luckily, no one has ever been injured due to my poor planning, short of my own pride being bruised. It's all in fun, right? LOL
Good thing about going the funcopter route is that is one tough head.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:51 PM
Registered User
tracker1955's Avatar
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Hey Arrowshooter another question for you

Asked helihankster about using funcopter blades on a f45 rotor head as it looks like the blade grips might slide over the f45 grips and bolt in place, he said you were thinking of trying to mod them to fit on a 450, have you ever tried and what was the result? I'd hate to spend that much money on blades only to find out that the gap wasn't wide enough to slide over the f45 grips. What's your thoughts?

Anybody who has these blades, could you please measure the gap between the grips and post that dimension. Thanks Tom

My other concern is with less pitch what kind of head speed would be needed, and whether it would be to much for a modified f45 grip to handle.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:18 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
Asked helihankster about using funcopter blades on a f45 rotor head as it looks like the blade grips might slide over the f45 grips and bolt in place, he said you were thinking of trying to mod them to fit on a 450, have you ever tried and what was the result? I'd hate to spend that much money on blades only to find out that the gap wasn't wide enough to slide over the f45 grips. What's your thoughts?

Anybody who has these blades, could you please measure the gap between the grips and post that dimension. Thanks Tom

My other concern is with less pitch what kind of head speed would be needed, and whether it would be to much for a modified f45 grip to handle.
Look at where we discussed starting at #1046. I figured you could make them work, but I didn't feel it would be a very stable mount after looking it over so I abandoned the idea.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....262663&page=53
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:50 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Quote:
Asked helihankster about using funcopter blades on a f45 rotor head as it looks like the blade grips might slide over the f45 grips and bolt in place, he said you were thinking of trying to mod them to fit on a 450, have you ever tried and what was the result? I'd hate to spend that much money on blades only to find out that the gap wasn't wide enough to slide over the f45 grips. What's your thoughts?

Anybody who has these blades, could you please measure the gap between the grips and post that dimension. Thanks Tom

My other concern is with less pitch what kind of head speed would be needed, and whether it would be to much for a modified f45 grip to handle.
I don't want to shoot the idea down by any means, but the difference in the size of the two blades sets is substantial in my opinion. You could probably fab a head that would accept both the F45 main shaft, and the Funcopter blades and be OK- or make a set of grip "extenders" to go between the two. But, I have my doubts about the little F45 head handling the stress of the larger blades. There is quite a difference between the two, not to mention a completely different grip style.

They are also intended to rotate in opposite directions to one another:

kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:08 PM
Registered User
tracker1955's Avatar
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Wrong direction for sure

It's hard to tell some things from pictures, didn't realize that the funcopter blades turned counter clockwise, that would be a huge problem. I just want a bigger heli that is easy to fly and I thought the larger blades would look better and grab more air than the f45 blades. I really don't want a heli with a hiller type configuration, as I like the ease of the 45* fly bar, but there's just not much to choose from when it comes to FP blades as you all well know. Thanks guys for the reply's.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:58 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
It's hard to tell some things from pictures, didn't realize that the funcopter blades turned counter clockwise, that would be a huge problem. I just want a bigger heli that is easy to fly and I thought the larger blades would look better and grab more air than the f45 blades. I really don't want a heli with a hiller type configuration, as I like the ease of the 45* fly bar, but there's just not much to choose from when it comes to FP blades as you all well know. Thanks guys for the reply's.
Actually it is easy to flip the one-way bearing over and swap two wires on the motor to get the counter clockwise rotation.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:22 PM
Registered User
tracker1955's Avatar
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
But position of fly bar

I realize that the direction of rotation is easily corrected, but not the position of the fly bar in relation to the blade. Not sure it would react well with the fly bar on the wrong side of the blades rotation. I will be ordering the 450 kit from value hobby this weekend, and already have the motor and pinion coming from hobby king, guess I'll just use the stock f45 head like John did. I trust him that it works well, and can't wait to have a belt driven tail. The more I fly the f45 the more I hate the wishy washy tail performance. With the f45 head, because of the lowered head speed, did you guys use larger tail rotor blades for better authority? I've read where some went with bigger blades.

John, does your f45/450 turn ok with stock tail rotor blades? (on the belt driven tail?)
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Last edited by tracker1955; Mar 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:44 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
I get what you were getting at now.

I built two of the F45/450's, which is what I started this thread with, and they truly do fly great. I had one with the tail motor and one with the belt drive, and the belt drive is definitely the way to go for sure.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Mar 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:38 AM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Got a problem with the ESC I think. I can throttle up or down fully with the main rotor removed, and the motor responds accordingly. If I put the main rotor on, it will turn slowly and never speed up regardless of stick position. I can "spin" the motor manually from this point and it jumps to WOT, so it seems to have trouble going from soft start to any other setting. Is this a soft-start or timing issue? Remember I'm using the Funcopter motor...

ESC does not get hot. Maybe slightly warm to the touch, but never hot.

It's a Red Brick 50A w/UBEC. I'm running 2200Mah 30C 11.1V LiPos as well.
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:52 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc View Post
Got a problem with the ESC I think. I can throttle up or down fully with the main rotor removed, and the motor responds accordingly. If I put the main rotor on, it will turn slowly and never speed up regardless of stick position. I can "spin" the motor manually from this point and it jumps to WOT, so it seems to have trouble going from soft start to any other setting. Is this a soft-start or timing issue? Remember I'm using the Funcopter motor...

ESC does not get hot. Maybe slightly warm to the touch, but never hot.

It's a Red Brick 50A w/UBEC. I'm running 2200Mah 30C 11.1V LiPos as well.
Hmmm. Did you program hi/lo stick?
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:59 AM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm. Did you program hi/lo stick?
I THINK so... LOL
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:01 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Also make sure you are giving it enough "gas" to get it going. On my Hobbywings if I dont give it enough to get it spinning it just kind of sputters.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:03 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
It stalls at full throttle. No noises, just smooth and SLOW. Take the rotor head off, full speed and range. Just weird.
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLtoys V912 4-Channel Fixed Pitch Helicopter Mini-Review FyreSG Micro Helis 7643 Yesterday 10:58 PM
Help! MSR Fixed Pitch Question Dubbin1 Micro Helis 3 Jan 11, 2013 08:46 AM
Discussion outdoor four channel fixed pitch heli hereathome Electric Heli Talk 24 Jan 05, 2013 11:15 PM
Discussion BlitzRCWorks Ghost FP RC Fixed Pitch thintz Micro Helis 1 Jan 05, 2013 02:32 PM
Sold 450 Heli tool Lot Align pitch, Swash level, link pliers, more -S- Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 16, 2010 08:07 PM