HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:25 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
arrowshooter and OldOz. Either of you tried this using a 450 flybar head and stock 450 blades?
I have my piece of junk $99.00 450 that I was thinking of trying it with to fly as fixed pitch.
Thought we'd covered this one earlier?
It just doesn't work, IME (and I tried!). Finish up with mushy CP handling, and CP fragility. Worst of both worlds: think realistically you've got to have a 45deg flybar for FP (though I've heard of 90deg).
However, if anyone could make it work, guess you will - a variant of your paddle/weight FB was the best I'd tried, till the heli became MIA.
Cheers
John

Edit - just gave it another try, different Heli - same results. In fact, even mushier than last time.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Feb 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:21 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
308 Posts
90 Degree Swashplate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Go to ebay and search for 450 swashplate. You will find it there and you are very welcome. Enjoy!
I hate to be a pain Steve, I see lots of different swashplate that look like they maybe 90d swash but hard to tell by the picture.
And none of the ad state if there 90d. Also found a lot of Align swash on RCPlanet site, Do you happen to have a part number that would make the search much easier ?

These things are not cheap and hate to buy the wrong one.

PS: Okay found something only thing wonder if they all except a 5mm shaft

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Sta...item1e739b2ad4
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Last edited by SmokeNGun; Feb 26, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:12 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun View Post
I hate to be a pain Steve, I see lots of different swashplate that look like they maybe 90d swash but hard to tell by the picture.
And none of the ad state if there 90d. Also found a lot of Align swash on RCPlanet site, Do you happen to have a part number that would make the search much easier ?

These things are not cheap and hate to buy the wrong one.

PS: Okay found something only thing wonder if they all except a 5mm shaft

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Sta...item1e739b2ad4
Thats it!
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
370 Posts
try these blades on your 450 FP
http://www.espritmodel.com/spin-semi...in-blades.aspx

Semi-Symmetrical and extra WIDE
resago is offline Find More Posts by resago
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:39 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by resago View Post
try these blades on your 450 FP
http://www.espritmodel.com/spin-semi...in-blades.aspx

Semi-Symmetrical and extra WIDE
I think these may be meant for CP, resago. FP blades have to have 'built in' pitch - not sure the blades linked would work at all.
Early in the morning here, and I may have not interpreted the ad correctly. Even so, seem an interesting CP option .
Cheers
John
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:03 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Seems these blades would be more suited for CP scale flying.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
370 Posts
they let you reduce head speed and pitch needed for flight --> more flight time like an FP.
Semi-Symmetrical means they generate lift at 0 angle like a wing.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:14 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
they let you reduce head speed and pitch needed for flight --> more flight time like an FP.
Semi-Symmetrical means they generate lift at 0 angle like a wing.
True, but - from my limited knowledge! - not enough to lift an FP heli at permanent 0 intrinsic pitch. However, one of those times when I'd be really pleased to be proven wrong!
Guess we'll wait to see if anyone else has tried this.
Cheers
John
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:18 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
308 Posts
Which Feathering Shaft Needed

TO: Arrosshooter
I have the Hobbymate 450 DFC rotor head but see it did not come with the feathering shaft. I've look around not sure which one is the correct one to get.
Would you happen to have a part number for the one you used ?

Also are you using wooden blades ?

Thanks

Okay think I've found the correct feathering shaft looks to be the PRO Sport version. Boy they sure hate to give detail inforamtion about a item would make it much easier to locate what one is looking for.
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Last edited by SmokeNGun; Feb 26, 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Found item
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:56 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Support info -
Guess it's why I've stuck to Align, and HK Align clones. The manuals are pretty well as comprehensive as you could expect - and all parts clearly identified, and readily available.
Plus - the HK clone parts are 95% interchangeable with Align (except where you wouldn't want to use them anyway! - eg main gears).

Kamikazi -
TIL that the belt tail /6ch Rx F45/450 doesn't pull out of a dive as well as the original MJX F45/450. Was demonstrating a power dive with low level pull out and low level high speed ground level skim for the benefit of some schoolkids still hanging round late in the football field.
The power dive part went really well: the pull out not so much! Probably slammed into the ground at 20 -30kph. Still got a round of applause from the kids, though. Think they thought it was part of the show . Guess just needed the hachimaki headband for the full effect.

The annoying thing is that I've done this maneuver at least 100 times before on the original - think there may be a 'point of no return' in dives with the latest belt/ futuba variation. It just wouldn't pull out at all.
Or maybe a bit more attention to Tx programming? Though I do remember Gordonzo having a similar uncontrollable crash on a vanilla F45 way back in the beginning of this thread.
However, only damage was the boom (a pretzel lookalike), main gear, one blade, a few teeth on the belt, and a cracked canopy. Not too bad, really. Oh well, be back there tomorrow (monsoon rains permitting).
Cheers to all
John
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
370 Posts
The main blades on the new qs8008 gt look longer than the mx45, might be a better fit on a 450 chassis.
Update- 381mm is a little big.
In that case try the qs8006 gt blades.
Last edited by resago; Feb 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:55 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
The main blades on the new qs8008 gt look longer than the mx45, might be a better fit on a 450 chassis.
Update- 381mm is a little big.
In that case try the qs8006 gt blades.
The 8006 blades seem to be about 3cm bigger than stock F45: would look better on 450s, but might have too much lift.
Good thought, though - which is more than I can say for a kid flying something 500 size like the qs8008 (with near zero wind authority) in any public area (!)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:09 AM
Joined Dec 2012
370 Posts
I know, rotary blimp.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun View Post
TO: Arrosshooter
I have the Hobbymate 450 DFC rotor head but see it did not come with the feathering shaft. I've look around not sure which one is the correct one to get.
Would you happen to have a part number for the one you used ?

Also are you using wooden blades ?

Thanks

Okay think I've found the correct feathering shaft looks to be the PRO Sport version. Boy they sure hate to give detail inforamtion about a item would make it much easier to locate what one is looking for.
This is the part number from my list -Align DFC Feathering shaft H45021A

All I can say is those blades appear to have a wooden core. The ends are pretty chewed up from initial testing on concrete and the inside looks like wood. The ones I am using now are $6 glass jobs.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Bummer

Just tried cheap metal servos on my second FP FBL 450 and they glitched all over the place. Couldn't even get it off the ground it was so bad. I tried turning the gyro almost all the way down, and was able to get it off the ground, but it would just not sit still. Back to the Tower Pros I go. I had no problems with them other than breaking the gears.