HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
They certainly are the bits. A couple of points though.
IME:
- The brass(?) bearings shown do not come as standard with their associated plastic parts.
- The flybar retaining pin does normally come with the flybar
- The feathering shaft doesn't come with the blade retainers (it is 2mm x 30.5mm, I usually make mine from a scrapped F450 flybar cut to length).
I'm pretty sure the kit Scott linked will be missing the brass bearings too.
Without buying anything I already have everything pictured but the top two circles - the flybar retaining pin and the bushing that goes in the head.
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:33 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Get the receiver and keep the 2801 and go belt drive. One issue I am having though, is with the Walkera 2403Tx, 2437V Rx and Hobbywing Esc, I cannot get start up below 20%. I understand that I may also need to use a Walkera ESC since they set the end points at the factory. Doesn't make sense, but thats what I understand.

As for the rotor, it's up to you which way to go. Right now the F45 head is easier for me to fly because of the flybar. But as soon as I get the 2437 Rx/Gyro dialed in on the flybarless FP450 I may change my tune. It would be cheaper to by the extra F45 rotor parts, but the hardware (pins and bushings) are not available everywhere. Other side is the 450 flybarless head is a bolt on with no need to make a sleeve.

Decisions....decisions.

BTW, if you decide to go flybarless, I would suggest not getting the Align 450 DFC or the clone lookalike. The swashplate links are very week and will break when the blades hit the grass.
I some how lose a pin in my F45 blade grip holder so I look throw my parts box of my double horse 9053 and found a pin and it fit just nicely. Not sure if this is the same pin your speaking of and not sure if you can get these pin from 9503 parts suppler. But before I found the pin I was looking a some house hold nails I have the nail fit also with just a little play I would have to cut it to size but think it would have work also there 2" 6d 51mm nails just a thought.
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:27 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
You need these:
I meant to ask if this is virtually all I will need from a F45?
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:11 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
I meant to ask if this is virtually all I will need from a F45?
If you have the entire rotor head assembly and servos you are set if you go belt drive.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
F45 part Cooper Ring

I located one of the parts that arrowshooter have posted its the cooper flybar ring
Here's the link there $1.80ea or 10 for 1.44 plus shipping. Will see if I can locate the pins. I also need these parts.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MJX-R...542246735.html

Not sure how to upload a picture as I do not see anything on this end that will allow me to upload.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:00 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun View Post
I located one of the parts that arrowshooter have posted its the cooper flybar ring
Here's the link there $1.80ea or 10 for 1.44 plus shipping. Will see if I can locate the pins. I also need these parts.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MJX-R...542246735.html

Not sure how to upload a picture as I do not see anything on this end that will allow me to upload.
I have real good luck with these guys. They have most of the small parts.
http://www.feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC...-F45-parts.htm

I have also had Techntoys.com just send me the complete rotor head assembly.

As for uploading pictures, when you post a reply, you go advanced and scroll down to see "manage attachments".
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Quote:
I have real good luck with these guys. They have most of the small parts.
http://www.feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC...-F45-parts.htm

I have also had Techntoys.com just send me the complete rotor head assembly.

As for uploading pictures, when you post a reply, you go advanced and scroll down to see "manage attachments".
I forgot about feala I bought many parts from them, also Banggood price I think are a littler cheaper then most and freeshipping on everything.
At Techntoys I don't see the complete rotor head did you have to ask them for it ?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
I forgot about feala I bought many parts from them, also Banggood price I think are a littler cheaper then most and freeshipping on everything.
At Techntoys I don't see the complete rotor head did you have to ask them for it ?
Gave them a call and they hooked me up. Feala.com also sells the whole assembly.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Got an update for yall,
Was flyin last week with my 450 from HELL,
Went inverted, and the f..kin batt connector came apart
Oh well so much for that 1, rotorhead in the dirt, blades, head, shaft, tail feathers (blades), expendables I guess, bent motorshaft and maingear, ohh well, no spares
of them layin around
Well my buddy came by today and brought me all parts but a motor
All set to fly again, maybe my motor will come tomarrow?
Wanna try this again, but this time without the connector coming apart (ziptie it together) If nothing else goes wrong, should be on the ground after 5-6 min.

Pics w/o motor and canopy

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man View Post
Got an update for yall,
Was flyin last week with my 450 from HELL,
Went inverted, and the f..kin batt connector came apart
Oh well so much for that 1, rotorhead in the dirt, blades, head, shaft, tail feathers (blades), expendables I guess, bent motorshaft and maingear, ohh well, no spares
of them layin around
Well my buddy came by today and brought me all parts but a motor
All set to fly again, maybe my motor will come tomarrow?
Wanna try this again, but this time without the connector coming apart (ziptie it together) If nothing else goes wrong, should be on the ground after 5-6 min.

Pics w/o motor and canopy

Frank
Glad you got it back together. Maybe you should consider different plugs?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:54 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Quote:
Glad you got it back together. Maybe you should consider different plugs?
Ya , but the heli people over here use these types, I normally use 4mm singles on my cars, but they said, these will do just fine.
Hmmm maybe I should fly 1 of theres and hammer it like I did mine. till there batt connector flys off, lol, Im using my connectors from now on, overkill or not.

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:22 PM
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Swashplate guide

Arrowshooter:

What part did you used to make your swashplate guide for the 450 F45 ?

Well I've order all the parts for the F45 rotor head thank for the help.

I put the 450 frame together last night. Have most of the parts here but waiting on some others. Sure like to see how this thing is going to turn out and fly. Flying with a belt driven tail will be a new one for me. At lease I'm able to make use of this 450 kit now and being I don't have the hang of flying cp heli yet that's why my Honey Bee King 3 is still sitting on the shelf hi hi. Crash it once repaired it and back on the shelf it sits.

There was no manual with this kit, I had to use two different Trexx 450 manual to make sense of this, They don't explain much in detail if one is a beginner or first time builder there in trouble..
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Arrowshooter:

What part did you used to make your swashplate guide for the 450 F45 ?

Well I've order all the parts for the F45 rotor head thank for the help.

I put the 450 frame together last night. Have most of the parts here but waiting on some others. Sure like to see how this thing is going to turn out and fly. Flying with a belt driven tail will be a new one for me. At lease I'm able to make use of this 450 kit now and being I don't have the hang of flying cp heli yet that's why my Honey Bee King 3 is still sitting on the shelf hi hi. Crash it once repaired it and back on the shelf it sits.

There was no manual with this kit, I had to use two different Trexx 450 manual to make sense of this, They don't explain much in detail if one is a beginner or first time builder there in trouble..
I made the antirotation bracket from scratch out of a piece of plastic.

You need to upload an align 450SEV2 manual. I could not get mine to upload. You can google it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:22 PM
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Trexx 450SE_V2 Manual

This manual is much better then the other two I have. I tried to upload it but return a message stating file is 4.00mb bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 3.00mb maybe I can zip up and try again
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Okay I zip up and uploaded the file.