HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:18 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Discussion
Vintage

Talking vintage here's a nice group picture of 3 different airplanes showing some evolution in aero modelling. Picture taken in my living room.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:49 AM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,747 Posts
Reginald, nice display. My other half would throw me out if I moved upstairs with my “toys”. Now if it were only me, there might be a few engines laying around too. Remove the china and display the diesels!
How about a better look at the metal U/C speed plane? What engine? Looks good for maybe 200~250 kph (120~150 mph).
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:01 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
Reginald, nice display. My other half would throw me out if I moved upstairs with my “toys”. Now if it were only me, there might be a few engines laying around too. Remove the china and display the diesels!
How about a better look at the metal U/C speed plane? What engine? Looks good for maybe 200~250 kph (120~150 mph).
That's the advantage of me and my wife having our own house, I always spend the weekends in her house with the kids, we're in the same town anyway. My house is full of old things, juke boxes, engines, cars, special art etcetera. The mono-wing is Russian, I'll take some close-ups when back home on monday. Here at my lovely wife's home it is full of electronic toys and Barbie's....... Here's two pics of one of my toilet's. Homage to space science....
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:02 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
Reginald, nice display. My other half would throw me out if I moved upstairs with my “toys”. Now if it were only me, there might be a few engines laying around too. Remove the china and display the diesels!
How about a better look at the metal U/C speed plane? What engine? Looks good for maybe 200~250 kph (120~150 mph).
Wonder what your other half would say about these objects...... espescially the full sized Little Red Riding Hood sculpture by Belgian artist Hans Weyers, and there are more guitars hanging around... recognise them ?
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:06 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
Reginald, nice display. My other half would throw me out if I moved upstairs with my “toys”. Now if it were only me, there might be a few engines laying around too. Remove the china and display the diesels!
How about a better look at the metal U/C speed plane? What engine? Looks good for maybe 200~250 kph (120~150 mph).
I do not remember the engine make, this came from Russia some 10 years ago and I was told by the seller that it had won some championship. The other one is Super Tigre powered of course and is American made and very nicely un-painted wood.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:40 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
Reginald, nice display. My other half would throw me out if I moved upstairs with my “toys”. Now if it were only me, there might be a few engines laying around too. Remove the china and display the diesels!
How about a better look at the metal U/C speed plane? What engine? Looks good for maybe 200~250 kph (120~150 mph).
This tiny monoline Cox powered gem came from a Canadian gentleman, I still do have his accompanying letter filed. Uses a bladder tank. I can look up the letter if you like.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:41 AM
Registered User
kkphantom's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
and there are more guitars hanging around... recognise them ?
From the top down, John Lennon Rickenbacker, George Harrison Gretsch and McCartney Hofner fiddle bass.
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkphantom View Post
From the top down, John Lennon Rickenbacker, George Harrison Gretsch and McCartney Hofner fiddle bass.
The name of the makers are all right. But Lennon had a different model Rick painted black, the Gretsch is a Brian Setzer Black Phoenix and the bass is indeed an original 60'ies Hofner as played by Paul.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:31 AM
Registered User
Gluehand's Avatar
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,035 Posts
Various non-flying "vintage" stuff...

My 3 "keeping forever" guitars:

LH
A Harmony H59 "Rocket" of 1966.
These "Gibson-on-a-budget" guitars were manufactured in Chicago, the quality beeing surprisingly good. AFAIK pretty well known in the USA, and also, to some extent, in Europe, particularily during the early "Britpop"-era. (anyone who remembers Keith Richard's Harmony "Meteor", 50 years ago...?)
A highly versatile instrument, oozing of the athmosphere of past times...

MIDDLE
This Stratocaster is a cobble-up of components of "vintage" as well as aftermarket (e.g. Allparts) origin. The neck is the thickest radius Strat neck I've ever seen. The Pickups are Lindy Fralin ...etc.... In its present state, a very good representative for the "strat sound", and a nice player...

RH
I purchased this acoustic Levin new, in the 70's, and IMHO, the sound quality has grown with age..! Great quality....


---------------------------------

And, some steam stuff of various age & condition....
LH to RH: Märklin, Falk, Wilesco




Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Last edited by Gluehand; Jan 26, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand View Post
My 3 "keeping forever" guitars:

LH
A Harmony H59 "Rocket" of 1966.
These "Gibson-on-a-budget" guitars were manufactured in Chicago, the quality beeing surprisingly good. AFAIK pretty well known in the USA, and also, to some extent, in Europe, particularily during the early "Britpop"-era. (anyone who remembers Keith Richard's Harmony "Meteor", 50 years ago...?)
A highly versatile instrument, oozing of the athmosphere of past times...

MIDDLE
This Stratocaster is a cobble-up of components of "vintage" as well as aftermarket (e.g. Allparts) origin. The neck is the thickest radius Strat neck I've ever seen. The Pickups are Lindy Fralin ...etc.... In its present state, a very good representative for the "strat sound", and a nice player...

RH
I purchased this acoustic Levin new, in the 70's, and IMHO, the sound quality has grown with age..! Great quality....


---------------------------------

And, some steam stuff of various age & condition....
LH to RH: Märklin, Falk, Wilesco




Nice set, I like the Harmony in peticular. Same shape as the Martin jazz guitar I have (for sale by the way) in lemon wood. I had a Hank Marvin Ltd Edition Strat but swopped that for the Gretsch. I've included two more pics, one is an original Duolian Dobro (priceless these days) and I also dabble a little on my Sitar...... Did'nt know you played the fiddle.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:47 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,747 Posts
Thanks Reginald. No guitars here, just a piano that is collecting dust. My wife used to play, but has arthritis in her hands, so doesn’t do so any more.
The metal speed version looks very high tech.
The wood ST powered looks good too; appears to have used a monoline and figure eight hinges on the elevator.
The Cox powered looks like someone was perhaps experimenting with running a hotter Cox engine, no cooling fins left! I really don’t know why that was done.
The engine in the background is a V8?
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:43 PM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R View Post
Thanks Reginald. No guitars here, just a piano that is collecting dust. My wife used to play, but has arthritis in her hands, so doesn’t do so any more.
The metal speed version looks very high tech.
The wood ST powered looks good too; appears to have used a monoline and figure eight hinges on the elevator.
The Cox powered looks like someone was perhaps experimenting with running a hotter Cox engine, no cooling fins left! I really don’t know why that was done.
The engine in the background is a V8?
I will look up data on that Cox speed plane tomorrow. Yes that is a Conley V-8 that I bought while in England some years ago, gave it a total rebuilt.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Vintage MRC 4000 Guidance System and other vintage stuff - Package Deal Sl0flyer Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Dec 11, 2011 08:32 PM
Question Vintage Engines, Vintage Kits, Various Engines and Misc. kepstang Engines 9 Nov 26, 2011 07:12 PM
Sold Vintage K&B .61 engine and vintage Futaba radio w/bonus standoff scale P-40 plans bluemeane Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Apr 19, 2009 04:26 PM
Yippee! Vintage XRB , RTF just add more vintage ; coaxial-gyro Coaxial Helicopters 2 Jan 23, 2005 07:41 PM
Vintage F5B in vintage cold weather Atindra High Performance 9 Jan 15, 2005 09:48 PM