HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Weed89, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:35 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
Discussion
MyRcDesigns - Spitfire 9mm 44in Part 4

Ok finished today...seems my battery is going to have to go on the wing as it came out a tad nose heavy...i think the motor is larger than it was designed for...but thats ok..I was also able to put a 3s1p 40c 1800 lipo on it.

I set up flapperons...but not sure if I will even be able to use them on a flat wing..we will see...als lots of aileron throws.

took it for a taxi test infront of the house..Taxie's Real nice...so, next will be Maiden...still been too windy here lately.

the finished photos below-------------
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
Added Wheel Pants

Maiden Tomorrow ( I hope...wind ONLY factor)
....All the pictures of Spitfires wheels down I see show the Wheel pants on the plane...So I made some VERY simple ones ( to see If I want them) out of calling card materieal..
let me know what you think...Yea Or Nea...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:10 AM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Very nice, excellent work, and thanks for posting!

I would be very interested in hearing more about your finsihing work... and how the landing gear was designed.

Good luck on your maiden flight!
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
First flight went Ok...but very lack luster..performance was weak...1800mah lipo was only enough for aprox 4 mins. mixed flying.

on a Firm landing..I noticed the leading edge of the wing had a crack aprox 2" long on both sides going from leading edge towards the tail..right where the fues. & wings are glued togeather.....So, I added some of the left over CF along the LE. glued it all up...And problemb solved..This should be done to all of the kits I think...i came from the gear pressing up during landing...But no big deal.

took it out a day later for more flying...but changed the prop to a 10x7....Victory !!! It is a blast to fly now...but still eats up the lipo...would like to fix that issue.

flys great..BUT the rudder...used even in tiny amounts..results in a roll over Nose Down flip in a heart beat...so, I only use the rudder on takeoff and landing ....But a VERY fun plane to fly.
Last edited by Weed89; Feb 13, 2013 at 05:43 PM.