HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:42 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
No range with my heli!!

I bought 2 S107G helicopters for my kids (identical models), charged them up, put new batteries in the remotes and was all set to fly. However, the distance the helicopters can be from the remote is about 2 foot! The helicopters take off fine, but once they get about 2 feet away they turn off and crash down to the ground. This happens with both helis and both remotes! What is wrong?
dallasfan is offline Find More Posts by dallasfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:12 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,369 Posts
Too much light around you? You have to aim the transmitter right at the heli and sunlight, big screen TVs, florescent light and other bright lights interfere with it. This type of heli has very limited appeal to kids, anyway. Their performance is tepid and the IR transmitter is a major annoyance. They usually lose interest in 10 or 15 minutes.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Too much light around you? You have to aim the transmitter right at the heli and sunlight, big screen TVs, florescent light and other bright lights interfere with it. This type of heli has very limited appeal to kids, anyway. Their performance is tepid and the IR transmitter is a major annoyance. They usually lose interest in 10 or 15 minutes.
Too much sunlight is most likely cause, or low transmitter batteries but you said they were new. As to losing interest in 10 - 15 mins, I still play with my s107 and s108 with my son. I started with these and have moved to msrx -> mqx -> mcpx -> nano -> 300x and the little coax's are still fun when my 5 year old and I fly them. The best is at dusk when it is too dark to fly my blade helis for fear of breaking or losing an expensive toy. The little coax's are all lit up and too slow to get away from us
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:52 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,369 Posts
I think adults have more fun with those 3 channel coaxes than the kids do, unless the kids are under 7 yo. Older than that and most kids have video games that are more challenging and interesting. At least my 4 grandsons, anyway.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I think adults have more fun with those 3 channel coaxes than the kids do, unless the kids are under 7 yo. Older than that and most kids have video games that are more challenging and interesting. At least my 4 grandsons, anyway.
I had tons of fun with mine until I realized I could have spend the same money on something like the V911 (which I did) and have 10x the experience. The V911 ruined me! Now I have moved on to the V202 and have to admit it is more fun than the V911 for the same investment.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee