HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:40 PM
USA, WA
Joined Jan 2011
157 Posts
Discussion
Simon K rapid drive compatibility

Has anyone tried out Simon K rapid drive firmware on esc's (like e rc) with a HoverFly Sport board? It has been awhile since on the discussion group so haven't searched all over. I have flashed the Sport board successfully several times in X mode with the AP firmware version, however when I try to get into the Setup utility I get an error message that the setup does not accept the firmware version? Have tried several times. I have reloaded the setup and update clients on the computer. I don't see any usb or dip switches on the sport board like on the Pro that I have (the good old green from the early days).

I may be missing something simple, any input appreciated.
ArltTech is offline Find More Posts by ArltTech
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:41 AM
USA, WA
Joined Jan 2011
157 Posts
George, HoverFly, anyone!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:29 AM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArltTech View Post
George, HoverFly, anyone!
You may want to try the Multirotor Forums....

www.multirotorforums.com

If you are referring to issues with SimonK flashed ESCs used with HoverFly boards, I've experienced problems with them as well. Evidently, the output signal from the board to the receiver may be too low for the flashed ESCs to use, so they don't respond well. I've solved the issue using a signal booster line from the board to each ESC that I purchased here: http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Servo-Sig...oster-Amp.html

Thanks, Ross
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 PM
USA, WA
Joined Jan 2011
157 Posts
Thanks Ross for the input, I will check on the other forums as suggested.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:14 PM
Hoverfly Technologies
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Nov 2011
141 Posts
To answer your concern regarding the HoverflySPORT Setup Client, please see this article on our website.

We don't have an official recommendation on the SimonK ESCs since we don't use them ourselves, but Ross's information is correct. If SimonK is your ESC of choice, you will need a signal booster between each ESC and the Hoverfly flight controller.
hoverben is offline Find More Posts by hoverben