SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:49 AM
United States, NC, Indian Trail
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Discussion
Ugly 1 Scratch Build

I would have posted this in a scratch build section but didnt see one, so I guess this is where this thread will live.

I am currently gathering information on scratch builds due to the declining nature of kits that are available. I remember 20 yrs ago all you could buy where kits. Now it seems that many have gone to simplicity and buying ARF's or RTF.

But for me half the fun is in the production of my plane and to see it fly successfully from the work of my own hands has an alluring appeal.

This will be my first scratch and as such there are questions that I am not sure of. The trainer Kit I built last time had built in washout so im not familiar with the setup of putting washout into a wing and be sure that its correct. I know that if i want an aerobatic plane, to not put any washout into the wing. not sure if this plane needs it, but to understand the theory, I will ask about it and hopefully get an answer that I can really understand it.

I have read many articles on the net about it, and have a basic understanding of it so im half way there. I just need a push over the ledge.

Here are the plans that Im gonna build. I had a brand new OS 25 laying around so this plane looked like a likely candidate

Heres the plans which are in .DWG

If you dont have Autocad, you can get a DWG viewer from here for free that allows all DWG and DXF files to be opened, and viewed
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=9078813
asusrick is offline Find More Posts by asusrick
Last edited by asusrick; Jan 19, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:57 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,888 Posts
There is nothing wrong with posting your build here, but many are doing there builds in this forum. http://www.rcgroups.com/balsa-builders-807/

You may also get more response to your questions if you post there.

Good luck with your project. It sounds like fun !
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:50 PM
United States, NC, Indian Trail
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Thx Tom moving thread to the other spot
asusrick is offline Find More Posts by asusrick
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:44 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,888 Posts