HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:49 AM
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Video
Syma s800g funnels?

I saw another person on this forum that seems to be having a similar problem. I have been doing some searching, but can't really find any information on how to fix this.

I am attaching a video of what mine looks like (sorry for the bad quality).

Is there anybody who can give a good explanation (or a link/good search terms) for how to fix this? .. or should I just send it back?

It just circles around heading for the floor very quickly.
Risshuu is offline Find More Posts by Risshuu
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:04 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
The radio is linked to the heli so you have some control over it but it seems to usually fly the same pattern every time you take off? Check the instructions for expert mode or beginners and see if that makes a difference; then, double check every component for proper connection, rotor blades actuate properly and there is not a blade weight or size difference; then, ensure the trim settings are set properly(mid-point); finally, if none of those suggestions help, contact the vender or whoever the instructions states will fix or replace the heli.

Hope that helps.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:11 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
If you need assistance it helps to send the product information such as, type of aircraft, who manufactured it, set up, how old and where it was purchased.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:32 AM
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Joined Nov 2010
1,113 Posts
I have the same heli and mine is superb, if i apply throttle only it pretty much hovers on the spot. It looks to me like the swash plate is off centre, from what i can see in the vid it appears to go backwards is this correct?

I have found with these heli's is that if you rotate right at full extent of the throw the heli goes into an uncontrolable spin, this is due to the main blades slowing to allow the turn as the tail rotor does nothing.

If you like i could measure the setup lengths of the push rods attaching swash plate o servos to see if they match the length of yours, i did adjust these slightly as the initial setup had it flying forward quite quickly without telling it too.
rotorkilla is offline Find More Posts by rotorkilla
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
@badpilotto: Yes, I do have control over it, but, if I only increase the throttle, it will circle around and head for the floor. I can still strafe, go backwards/forwards and turn, but it still tries to just go in circles (to the right) and downwards. There is only one mode on the controller for this helicopter. I looked at everything and it seems that everything is connected properly. I'm not sure how to check if the blades actuate properly, and as of yet Google hasn't helped too much.

I am about two weeks away from the last date that I can return it, so I want to see if I can fix it before that time.

It is a syma s800g. It is 4ch coaxial. I'm not too sure what you mean by set up. It is only around one week old. I bought it on Amazon.

@rotorkilla: I know what the swashplate is, but I'm not sure what you mean by it goes backwards. Please do measure your setup for me. That would be helpful (I will see if I can decode and apply what you tell me). I also had a problem with it flying fast forward as well.

I am going to attach some more pictures and another video or two just in case anyone sees anything I don't (which is very likely considering I'm rather new to this). I apologize again for the quality and/or the angles of the pictures/videos. Hopefully I was able to take a picture/video of something that will help.

Thank you guys for your help so far.
Risshuu is offline Find More Posts by Risshuu
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:02 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,837 Posts
See my comments in the S800G thread.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:42 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
Good catch on the broken part Heli Pad.

Risshuu, if it were me and I had two weeks to return the heli, it would go back to the place of purchase. It could have been broken in shipment, manufacturing, or bad quality control. Any good company would accept it back and replace the component or lose that customer and most likely 12 others.

My sentiments,
John
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:01 PM
night is right for flight!
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorkilla View Post
If you like i could measure the setup lengths of the push rods attaching swash plate o servos to see if they match the length of yours, i did adjust these slightly as the initial setup had it flying forward quite quickly without telling it too.
RK, if you would be so kind as to provide measurements on the swash plate push rods it would be much appreciated!
looks like Risshuu and probably fyrebryan's issue was broken pivot pins, that is unfortunately not my issue. mine is also not TBE, but at this point i've adjusted my push rods and moved holes/etc i think i need to get back to stock adjustment and go from there.
if your S800G is flying well please provide measurements and i'll give it a shot. thanks!
thunnus is offline Find More Posts by thunnus