HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:17 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
S109G inner shaft replacement questions

Hi there,

So here is my question. I bought a s109g navy for fun. And it was fun and certainly it crashed. Now the rotor head (that has the balance bar on it) broke. I bought a replacement of inner shaft. However, after i took off the broken part and exposed the inner shaft, I found that I cannot pull it out from the body. How can i remove it? The replacement is the rotor head WITH the inner shaft and i cannot take this out either.

Any suggestions? Do i have to open up the whole body?

Thanks,
Ming
buaa is offline Find More Posts by buaa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:11 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,851 Posts
Ming, all you have to do is replace the broken head. Leave the inner shaft where it is.

To remove the head, first take off all the blades, grips, links and balance bar, etc. Because you have to transfer them to the new head anyways. If you're not sure how everything goes back together, take photos first.

While you are removing hardware from the head, you would notice two screws, one on each side of the shaft. They are located just below the balance bar and above the blades. These are the locking screws that lock the head to the inner shaft. Loosen these screws. You don't need to remove them because the new head has a pair also. Once loosen, the head would come off the shaft. Notice the cut notch near the top of the shaft, this is what the screw locks onto.

Now, just take the new head off the new shaft, place it on the old shaft, lock it down and start putting the hardware back on. You should be done in no time. And you don't even need to open up the body of the S109 for this operation.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Thanks Heli Pad. After reading your message I now noticed those two tiny screws. I missed them last time...

Thanks a lot and I will do as instructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Ming, all you have to do is replace the broken head. Leave the inner shaft where it is.

To remove the head, first take off all the blades, grips, links and balance bar, etc. Because you have to transfer them to the new head anyways. If you're not sure how everything goes back together, take photos first.

While you are removing hardware from the head, you would notice two screws, one on each side of the shaft. They are located just below the balance bar and above the blades. These are the locking screws that lock the head to the inner shaft. Loosen these screws. You don't need to remove them because the new head has a pair also. Once loosen, the head would come off the shaft. Notice the cut notch near the top of the shaft, this is what the screw locks onto.

Now, just take the new head off the new shaft, place it on the old shaft, lock it down and start putting the hardware back on. You should be done in no time. And you don't even need to open up the body of the S109 for this operation.
buaa is offline Find More Posts by buaa