HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviasafe View Post
Dear Chris ,
I would like to order the Armattan CNC 355 RXR V3 Metallic .
Please forward your Paypal info so that I can make the payment in advance .
Thank you ,
Husam Alshamlan .
You're on the list, Sir. Will PM you shortly.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
Yea thats what i figured. That red light just not coming on. i opened the Rx up and connect the battery and light barley flicker. Its suppose to be brand new, and last night the first time im using it. Im wondering what might have caused it to go bad. I just don't want to buy another one and it keeps happening.
You mentioned that you made your own wires to connect the RX, did you not? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Anyways... Sounds to me like the + or - wires that powers the RX from the KK2 is not making proper contact. I recommend redoing this connection from scratch.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Also,

Just want to say thank you to those of you who take the time to post feedback to let me know you've received your quad. I'm very busy and I don't have time to reply to each of you but this doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. And of course, very happy to hear the quads found you well, gents.

Happy flying.

Best,
Chris

PS: If I missed any questions, I'm sorry. Please repost and I'll reply. Thanks!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Guys,

The Armattan One samples will be ready tomorrow for sure. It was supposed to be last Saturday but the CNC factory delayed this order because they are swamped with a large contract.

Note that I will build this and test it and then I will go into production if all is well. So not ready to take orders for this just yet. I may have two sizes made. 260mm and maybe something bigger like 375mm. Have not decided on that yet.

The design is a 99% Creepy1 creation. I just changed some dimensions and added the As.

Enjoy the preview. I'll show you the real thing tomorrow.

Best,
Chris

This picture is off the laser cutter computer. The red lines show where the entry puncture is and the cutting direction henceforth for each cut.

Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:49 AM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
The ONE is gonna be awesome Chris! Can't wait to see an actual pic.
Justin83 is offline Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:52 AM
Master of Disaster!
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Also, KK2 boards are finally back in stock at HK btw.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
The ONE is gonna be awesome Chris! Can't wait to see an actual pic.
Notice the universal motor mount on it as well. Also Creepy1's work.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:56 AM
Master of Disaster!
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post

Chris
I did notice that. Phenomenal work both of you. These Armattans just keep getting better and better. Love the constant improvements and revisions. You've found a long time customer in me bud. I believe a lot of people feel this way. I'll most likely be ordering a hexa in the near future for FPV use. Keep it up.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:49 AM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
88 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
wow!! wow!!
a hot loking baby
creepy1 and chris nice design

Harry
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:31 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Chris I have bent an arm on my M armatan quad I was wondering if I could buy 4 CNC arms to replace the arms on my M model.
mactek is offline Find More Posts by mactek
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:25 AM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Hi,

You're on the list, Sir. I will contact you for payment when the quad is ready. Or PM me if you want to pay in advance. Either way is OK with me.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Chris,

PM sent.

Lee
Painless360 is offline Find More Posts by Painless360
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:31 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Quote:
Guys,

The Armattan One samples will be ready tomorrow for sure. It was supposed to be last Saturday but the CNC factory delayed this order because they are swamped with a large contract.

Note that I will build this and test it and then I will go into production if all is well. So not ready to take orders for this just yet. I may have two sizes made. 260mm and maybe something bigger like 375mm. Have not decided on that yet.

The design is a 99% Creepy1 creation. I just changed some dimensions and added the As.

Enjoy the preview. I'll show you the real thing tomorrow.

Best,
Chris

This picture is off the laser cutter computer. The red lines show where the entry puncture is and the cutting direction henceforth for each cut.

Quote:

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
I did notice that. Phenomenal work both of you. These Armattans just keep getting better and better. Love the constant improvements and revisions. You've found a long time customer in me bud. I believe a lot of people feel this way. I'll most likely be ordering a hexa in the near future for FPV use. Keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltafly ch View Post
wow!! wow!!
a hot loking baby
creepy1 and chris nice design

Harry
Thanks peeps, but I like to think of it as a 50-50 collaboration. I too can't wait to see/hear testing results.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:35 AM
Quad On!!
United States, AL, Auburn
Joined Dec 2012
1,004 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
The Armattan One looks damn fine! Can't wait to see finished product!
nate25j is online now Find More Posts by nate25j
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:08 AM
Ireland, Dublin
Joined Nov 2010
150 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Looking forward to seeing this one
skejah1063 is offline Find More Posts by skejah1063
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Well, I will have a sample tomorrow as it was cut today, but I just got a PM from Creepy1 and he was looking at this closely and spotted something rather alarming. Looks like both the CNC factory boss and I made a mistake on the holes alignment for the KK2. I did tell the boss that this was a major requirement and I think he forgot to copy the holes alignment from the V3 center plates as I have requested. And then I made a mistake by not spotting this before I okayed the sample cut. Bummer.

It will be easy to mount a board on the two sample I had cut using basic CF adapters but there's no way I'm going into production with this. Back to the drawing board and hopefully I'll have two new samples this coming Saturday with the proper holes alignment. Note that this is not the exact same size as what Creepy1 designed. It was blown up a bit larger. I am computer stupid but I think it may have to do with image re-sizing by computers and printing. I have no clue. All I know is that Creepy's design measured to 220mm when printed and I wanted a 260mm. Don't quote me on this, I'm not certain what happened.

Anyways... Well spotted, Creepy 1. Comes to show who the designer behind this one is. This was messed up on you, Sir. Sorry about that. We'll fix it.

Sorry guys... I can show you pics tomorrow, but if Creepy is right, and looks like he is, we'll have to wait another week or so for the proper samples to be ready.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread