HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Thanks guys. I'm off to bed now but I will contact you tomorrow. I should have these quads in the mail before the week is over.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:05 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Thanks Major. But I had bought this prebuild from Chris.

Question to anyone, is it possible to blow the Rx?? Becuz I build some leads to connect the Rx to the KK2 board and everything was working fine, unplugged the battery and went to sleep. This morning I went to go play with Chrystal and Im getting an error message on the KK2 board saying (self level is off & no yaw input) Im assuming its because this not registering the Rx as that seem to not be powering on. The red light is not coming on. Also when Im connecting the battery there's sometimes a spark right as the connections touch, is this normal?? could that have shorted out the Rx??

I cant believe I waited so long to setup this bitch up and for her to turn around an up. I tried supplying 5v to the Rx as if Im going to bind it but the light still not coming on. Any ideas guyz cuz im about to start cussin. LOL.

Biggz
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:45 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
398 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Spark is normal, did you change any settings on the KK2? Have you tried a re bind of tx and rx? TX is turned on right? the light will not come on unless the tx is on,at least with the orange RX I use. Self level is either controlled by one of your AUX switches or by stick inputs depending on how you have it configured in the KK2 under mode settings.

BTW the green text is just a tad harder to read. :-)

Oh and one more thing when you say spark you did not hook battery up backwards someway? Just covering all the bases here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
Thanks Major. But I had bought this prebuild from Chris.

Question to anyone, is it possible to blow the Rx?? Becuz I build some leads to connect the Rx to the KK2 board and everything was working fine, unplugged the battery and went to sleep. This morning I went to go play with Chrystal and Im getting an error message on the KK2 board saying (self level is off & no yaw input) Im assuming its because this not registering the Rx as that seem to not be powering on. The red light is not coming on. Also when Im connecting the battery there's sometimes a spark right as the connections touch, is this normal?? could that have shorted out the Rx??

I cant believe I waited so long to setup this bitch up and for her to turn around an up. I tried supplying 5v to the Rx as if Im going to bind it but the light still not coming on. Any ideas guyz cuz im about to start cussin. LOL.

Biggz
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:17 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Sorry bout the green text. Anyhow, I did not change anything and it was working fine before going to sleep unless i got a ghost in my house trying to sabotage me . I tried even binding the Rx again but Im not even getting the red power light on the Rx, Tx is on as well. I hate to think my fiance woke up and messed with my shyt lol. Everything is hooked up right from last night, the only difference i noticed this morning was that the red light was not coming on on the Rx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Spark is normal, did you change any settings on the KK2? Have you tried a re bind of tx and rx? TX is turned on right? the light will not come on unless the tx is on,at least with the orange RX I use. Self level is either controlled by one of your AUX switches or by stick inputs depending on how you have it configured in the KK2 under mode settings.

BTW the green text is just a tad harder to read. :-)

Oh and one more thing when you say spark you did not hook battery up backwards someway? Just covering all the bases here.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:27 PM
Kuwait, Al Asimah, Kuwait City
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Armattan CNC 355 RXR V3 Order .

Dear Chris ,
I would like to order the Armattan CNC 355 RXR V3 Metallic .
Please forward your Paypal info so that I can make the payment in advance .
Thank you ,
Husam Alshamlan .
Aviasafe is offline Find More Posts by Aviasafe
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:37 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Sorry bout the green text. Anyhow, I did not change anything and it was working fine before going to sleep unless i got a ghost in my house trying to sabotage me . I tried even binding the Rx again but Im not even getting the red power light on the Rx, Tx is on as well. I hate to think my fiance woke up and messed with my shyt lol. Everything is hooked up right from last night, the only difference i noticed this morning was that the red light was not coming on on the Rx.

What rx and tx do you have? Make sure the signal and ground wires are all hooked up correctly on the KK2 and the RX. If able maybe a picture of your set up.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:51 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
I have the flysky-T6 and like i said if i had hooked it up wrong it would of never flown. The fact it flew ment everything is hooked up properly. All i did was unhook the battery.

Quote:
What rx and tx do you have? Make sure the signal and ground wires are all hooked up correctly on the KK2 and the RX. If able maybe a picture of your set up.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:22 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
I have the flysky-T6 and like i said if i had hooked it up wrong it would of never flown. The fact it flew ment everything is hooked up properly. All i did was unhook the battery.

If you unplug everything from your RX and plug one ESC onto the throttle pins of the receiver and plug your battery in as you would normally and arm your tx the light should come on and the one motor that is hooked to the ESC should run when you move throttle. If not then I would say you have a RX problem.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:34 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Yea thats what i figured. That red light just not coming on. i opened the Rx up and connect the battery and light barley flicker. Its suppose to be brand new, and last night the first time im using it. Im wondering what might have caused it to go bad. I just don't want to buy another one and it keeps happening.

Quote:
If you unplug everything from your RX and plug one ESC onto the throttle pins of the receiver and plug your battery in as you would normally and arm your tx the light should come on and the one motor that is hooked to the ESC should run when you move throttle. If not then I would say you have a RX problem.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:49 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Yea thats what i figured. That red light just not coming on. i opened the Rx up and connect the battery and light barley flicker. Its suppose to be brand new, and last night the first time im using it. Im wondering what might have caused it to go bad. I just don't want to buy another one and it keeps happening.
Barley flickering is what happens to mine if I have the ground and signal wire hooked up backwards
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:56 PM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
275 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Chinese quality control (or lack thereof). If you still have the case to the RX opened up then check for cold solder joints on the board that may be causing a short. If you can't find the problem and are sure everything is hooked up correctly then you may have to chalk it up to bad luck and just order another RX. Wish i had better news for ya.
Justin83 is online now Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:01 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless360 View Post
Chris. I'd like to order a CNC 258-RXR priced at 225$.

It will need to be shipped to the UK and I'd like it with black arms and body with black rear rotors and orange or red front rotors please (the same as the image at the top of the post). I'll be fitting a spectrum Rx - that work ok?

Get in touch and we can sort Paypal payment.

Happy flying!
Hi,

You're on the list, Sir. I will contact you for payment when the quad is ready. Or PM me if you want to pay in advance. Either way is OK with me.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Can you let me know if I need to get the 5 female to female connectors for the RX to KKV2.0 board. Also, what connector comes on the power connection? I use Deans normally but will get some higher capacity LIPOs (40c) to power this beastie so can get alternate style power connectors if I need to.
Hi,

Technically, you need one triple wires servo connectors that will serve the dual purpose of powering your RX and operate one channel. The other 4 channels only need one signal wire. So you can use triple wires connectors, or you can pry open a plastic connector, pull out each single wires, heatshrink them and use single wires. That's what I do. Cuts weight and eliminates wires as to make for a cleaner looking build.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:09 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
398 Posts
Last edited by jsflyrv; Jan 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: more checking for correct info
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northrnflyer View Post
I've been sold. these quads look fun.
my order:
cnc 355 rxr
black top & bottom center plates
black rear arms and orange front with props to match
black cnc skids

Like your 2nd reference pic but with both center plates black.
will pay now
Hello,

You're on the list, Sir. Special request noted and doable.

I will contact you for payment when the quad is ready. Feel free to PM me if you want to pay in advance but either way is fine with me, Sir.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread