SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:55 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2012
44 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hey Chris i was wondering if you could post the settings you changed on a new kk2 once its flashed to 1.4. i have another KK2 and id like to set it up like the one i recieved from you, but for the moment i cant read the screen of my old one since i broke the lcd. not sure what all the settings are at. do you do it manually or can u do it via computer. if via computer can link the file or send it my way.

Life
LifeStyle is offline Find More Posts by LifeStyle
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:11 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
any suggestions to US suppliers on props and the male to male connectors needed for RX to FC
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:29 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
any suggestions to US suppliers on props and the male to male connectors needed for RX to FC

Here's a snippet from post #1 from the FAQ on page one of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
11- What are the leads I need to connect my receiver to the kk2? It depends on what kind of receiver you are using, but generlly, you need 3 wire jumper cables with female connectors on both ends. I use 1x 3 wire connectors and 4x single pin jumper cables on mine. Here's a link to where they sell the 3 pins jumper cables and single pins jumper cables as well...
http://blueskyrc.com/index.php?main_...products_id=42 & http://blueskyrc.com/index.php?main_...products_id=48

I got my leads there. It's pretty clean because you can order single wire leads for all but the one used to power the RX.

They have props too. I think I bought some of those as well. I've only broken one prop so far. Not sure how but the Gemfan nylon 8045's seem to be pretty tough so far.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Last edited by major.monogram; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Here's a snippet from post #1 from the FAQ on page one of this thread:

11- What are the leads I need to connect my receiver to the kk2? It depends on what kind of receiver you are using, but generlly, you need 3 wire jumper cables with female connectors on both ends. I use 1x 3 wire connectors and 4x single pin jumper cables on mine. Here's a link to where they sell the 3 pins jumper cables and single pins jumper cables as well. http://blueskyrc.com/index.php?main_...6a74386668d281

I got my leads there. It's pretty clean because you can order single wire leads for all but the one used to power the RX.
he's out, i looked there too. I see props on ebay and bluesky..... if only he had the jumpers LOL
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:43 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Oh yeah the 3 pin jumpers he is out. Still have the singles though. You could use 3 singles I guess on the one that requires power? I update my post with the links to the single wire jumper.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:59 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Quote:
he's out, i looked there too. I see props on ebay and bluesky..... if only he had the jumpers LOL
if your in usa pm me your address, i have an xtra 3 wire i can drop in the mail, it's a little long but will get you going if you can get the others (singles).
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
@ Banjo5 i used the screws that were packaged w/ the motors, i had to dremel the motor screw holes on my cnc355 arms a bit because the screw heads were tight in the countersinks but i think it was because i have the 2nd 355cnc frame made and this was most likely improved in later arms.
That is correct, Sir. The counter sink holes are larger on later batches and yes, they are meant to be used with the stock motor screws.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:20 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle View Post
Hey Chris i was wondering if you could post the settings you changed on a new kk2 once its flashed to 1.4. i have another KK2 and id like to set it up like the one i recieved from you, but for the moment i cant read the screen of my old one since i broke the lcd. not sure what all the settings are at. do you do it manually or can u do it via computer. if via computer can link the file or send it my way.

Life
The settings are posted on page one, and yes, you need the LCD for his so unless you can sort out the LCD problem, the settings are no use to you, correct?

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:21 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Quote:
witespy has wires:
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/acc...cable-set.html
looks like he's got some props too.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:33 PM
Quad On!!
United States, AL, Auburn
Joined Dec 2012
1,084 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
I received my Armattan 355 today in the mail, very excited! Just got to order some leads and I'm ready to go!
Much appreciated Chris!!
nate25j is online now Find More Posts by nate25j
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:35 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Quote:
@ Banjo5 i used the screws that were packaged w/ the motors, i had to dremel the motor screw holes on my cnc355 arms a bit because the screw heads were tight in the countersinks but i think it was because i have the 2nd 355cnc frame made and this was most likely improved in later arms.
That is correct, Sir. The counter sink holes are larger on later batches and yes, they are meant to be used with the stock motor screws.

Best,
Chris
Thanks guys, good to know I *didn't* loose a package of screws (for once) .

cheers,
Andrew

PS. Chris, I keep thinkin' you're talking to my Dad with the "sir" stuff

PPS. When the heck does your darn "probation" end Chris. PITA having to click to see your posts and having to do QUOTE's manually (in this thread at least).
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:37 PM
Air Bender
Joined Jan 2013
102 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Chris are you taking orders right now? I would like to place one on your site if so, thanks.
bmilla39 is offline Find More Posts by bmilla39
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmilla39 View Post
Chris are you taking orders right now? I would like to place one on your site if so, thanks.
Yep, absolutely. Just bare in mind orders will ship on around the 18 of February because the post office will be closed for a while due to the Chinese New Year holidays.

I'm also including a free GoPro mount with all orders placed on my website at the moment.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate25j View Post
I received my Armattan 355 today in the mail, very excited! Just got to order some leads and I'm ready to go!
Much appreciated Chris!!
Good to hear! Thanks for touching base with me.

Happy flying, mate!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:16 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Quote:
if your in usa pm me your address, i have an xtra 3 wire i can drop in the mail, it's a little long but will get you going if you can get the others (singles).
thanks, i found some on ebay for a good price and he had props too. Also ordered lipos tonight... Hope three are enough LOL

Does any one know if i have to run the satellite antenna on my AR7000 RX Specky?
Closed Thread