HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:59 PM
Disaster Waiting To Happen
United States, NY, Pleasant Valley
Joined Jan 2013
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
After reading like two hundred posts from several threads I'm convinced that Chris is the go to guy for purchasing one of these machines. To say that I'm impressed in an understatement. These machines that you build are awesome.

Do you plan on building something a bit tamer for the beginner or are you going to stick to sport/performance quads? I'm awaiting for you to reveal your new designs before I place an order. Looking to see what A1 and the Squid are gonna be like.
kingsixx is offline Find More Posts by kingsixx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:34 PM
South Africa
Joined Jan 2010
459 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsixx View Post
After reading like two hundred posts from several threads I'm convinced that Chris is the go to guy for purchasing one of these machines. To say that I'm impressed in an understatement. These machines that you build are awesome.

Do you plan on building something a bit tamer for the beginner or are you going to stick to sport/performance quads? I'm awaiting for you to reveal your new designs before I place an order. Looking to see what A1 and the Squid are gonna be like.
Hi kingsixx. On my previous post I stated, that you can tame these quads on the kk2 board and can also be tamed on your radio. Maybe if you ask Chris to leave out the motors and maybe buy lower kv motors may also add in a tamer ship.
And let me tell you, my cnc355 are stable - About 10-12 seconds hands off on my maiden hover in my kitchen (no wind) with self levelling on. Don`t see any problem for a beginner to not buy this. And I can`t see that you will replace anything other than a prop or 2 in a hover crash.
Bking1340 is offline Find More Posts by Bking1340
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:17 PM
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
152 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bking1340 View Post
Hi Chris. Thanks for my cnc355 diy - finished the build - was a bit sceptical in the beginning when I placed my order, but you proved me wrong - 1 amazing cnc monster.
Just want to tell the newbie guys that are thinking of buying from Chris - you can go ahead - best customer service I ever got from over the seas and I had my share of over 100 different order`s. And this kit are super easy to assemble (diy kit) - If you do a descent build, taking your time, you will be in the air in 3-4 hours. And with the kk2 flight controller you can do a setup for a newbie to a expert.

Chris - PLEASE do a tri - maybe a normal servo tail that can also be utilized as y6. PLEASE
I would like to see a tricopter design as well....I have four Armattan quads and they are amazing. I used to not fly when the wind was above 15 mph but with these quads I have flown doing flips in 30 mph winds...and I'm not that great a pilot. I'm eagerly awaiting the one piece CNC design. I know that will be a tough one.

Phasor
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:25 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
124 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Mounted my hd camera to my Armattan CNC355...Didn't fly too stable, and camera extremely shaky. Not sure how the new gopro mount will fair...
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,708 Posts
Trader Rating: 161
Guys, I will reply to Breezemont regarding his concerns over Armattan quads being listed as a "trader" as opposed to as a "vendor." Then I hope we can drop this discussion and keep the thread clean. I may even delete a few posts for that purpose so do not take it personally, please. I do appreciate the support and the vote of confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezemont View Post
I only mentioned it because the OP brought it up and is clearly sensitive to the issue.
If I'm wrong, I will apologize.
You're alright. No problem.

I started building quads only a few months ago or so. I started off making them for myself and I ended up asking if people wanted one and I got flooded with build requests. Initially, I made all the parts myself. I would cut the center plates, drill them, sand them down and the same for the arms. This is the M model I still sell, however, I soon got pretty overwhelmed with build requests and making all the parts by hand was problematic because it was taking me a LONG time to build a frame.

So I decided to try contracting a CNC factory for some samples and they looked great. From there I got flooded with more orders. Three months down the line, I have sold over 100 quads. Frankly, I had not planned for this. This is all a new proposition to me with only a few months doing this.

I can understand your concern, but can you imagine what it would be like if I posted each of these quads in its own thread? Now THAT would be cluttering the classifieds. Instead I post one thread and I run with it. Within a day or two it's not even on the first page and it soon sinks down the list of products posted for sale. That's not so bad, is it?

Additionally, I do not operate like a business. Are there any quad makers that will custom build a quad for you without asking you for payment? I don't know of any, maybe there are but I don't know any. Essentially, if you order a quad, I will build it, then I will send you a flight demo at which point I request payment, though, you are made aware that if you don't like what you see in the video, you don't have to buy it. These videos are unlisted but I will post one below for you to have a look, and notice how at the end of the video I clearly state "IF you like what you see, please send me payment."

To me, this is a lot more like a trader posting his quad for sale and sending a video to the buyer to show the quad. Except it's custom build for you with no obligations to actually buy it.

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, this venture of mine is at its grassroots at the moment. I don't even have a website yet. I'm nothing more than a prolific quad builder who sells his builds here, but given the amount of quads I have sold, I am currently working on establishing a proper business with my own website and all that.

On that note, I do appreciate your feedback but I hope you and others who feel like you can bare with me a little longer. I'm not "there" yet.

Thank you.

Now here's a video example I make for people after their quad is ready. Maybe you will see that there are clear distinctions between the way "vendors" operate and the way I operate.

Best,
Chris

Note that I send videos like this to everyone who orders a RXR build. This video was made for BKing.

BKing (6 min 50 sec)
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Jan 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:59 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
380 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseo54 View Post
Mounted my hd camera to my Armattan CNC355...Didn't fly too stable, and camera extremely shaky. Not sure how the new gopro mount will fair...

Putting a heavy camera that high above the CG just builds in instability.
jsflyrv is online now Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:47 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseo54 View Post
The first time I mounted my gopro in the case like you have it was extremely unstable. When I took it out of the case and mount the camera with a small piece of foam and some rubber bands the copter handled like there's was no camera attached and the footage was very smooth.
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:13 AM
South Africa
Joined Jan 2010
459 Posts
Hey Chris - that`s a video of my quad - gonna take you to court for showing my quad and win me some more armattans or a forced build armattan tri
Bking1340 is offline Find More Posts by Bking1340
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:26 AM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Big up to my man Chris for all his hard work and dedication to the quad scene. He made a newbie like me feel welcome and confident enough to want to fly one of his creations. Also wanna give a shout out to all the rc members who be on here giving advice and providing useful info for me to read

Now with that said, I finally got "Chrystal" setup last nite. I had to build my own servo leads as the ones I ordered online seemed to got lost in the mail its all good though. I manage to get 5cm off the floor before getting nervous and killing the throttle lmao... here's some picz, hope to have some fly...errr...crash video soon. One.

MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:37 AM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hello,

Black arms are 2$ more each for anodizing black so your price would actually be 235$ to have all 4 arms anodized black. (4 arms X 2$ = 10$)

A Spektrum RX will work fine.

Please let me know your thoughts and I can add your order to the order list. I should have this in the mail for you this week if you decide confirm your order. Alternatively, just metallic arms with black anodized center plate is 225$, shipping and paypal fees included.

Best,
Chris
Chris,

Fine. I have a little Heliguy Viper Quad that is Black and red and I like the colour scheme.

Can you let me know if I need to get the 5 female to female connectors for the RX to KKV2.0 board. Also, what connector comes on the power connection? I use Deans normally but will get some higher capacity LIPOs (40c) to power this beastie so can get alternate style power connectors if I need to.

I'm happy to pay in advance if it helps.

Cheers

Lee
Painless360 is offline Find More Posts by Painless360
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:47 AM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless360 View Post
Chris,

Fine. I have a little Heliguy Viper Quad that is Black and red and I like the colour scheme.

Can you let me know if I need to get the 5 female to female connectors for the RX to KKV2.0 board. Also, what connector comes on the power connection? I use Deans normally but will get some higher capacity LIPOs (40c) to power this beastie so can get alternate style power connectors if I need to.

Cheers

Lee
You'll need to have your own leads for the RX and Chris solders a male Deans plug to the esc. If you pay in advance I believe he gives free skids or something as a bonus.
Justin83 is online now Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:49 AM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
124 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
The first time I mounted my gopro in the case like you have it was extremely unstable. When I took it out of the case and mount the camera with a small piece of foam and some rubber bands the copter handled like there's was no camera attached and the footage was very smooth.
Thanks for the tips mactek and jusflyrv. Will try to mess with it some more
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:45 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
Big up to my man Chris for all his hard work and dedication to the quad scene. He made a newbie like me feel welcome and confident enough to want to fly one of his creations. Also wanna give a shout out to all the rc members who be on here giving advice and providing useful info for me to read

Now with that said, I finally got "Chrystal" setup last nite. I had to build my own servo leads as the ones I ordered online seemed to got lost in the mail its all good though. I manage to get 5cm off the floor before getting nervous and killing the throttle lmao... here's some picz, hope to have some fly...errr...crash video soon. One.

Nice Biggz. Looks like a clean build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless360 View Post
Chris,

Cheers

Lee
Check out the FAQ and Build videos up top, Lee. Chris links to a good place to buy the leads and in the build video explains that you only need one 3 wire lead and can use 1 wire leads for the rest of the rx connections. Makes for a clean rx install. I think he links to blueskyrc which is where I got mine.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:16 PM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
86 Posts
tri???

hi chris
just a littel thinging of my self
i thing at will work just fine ; some fine tuning
diferend center
yaw control from talon

regards Harry
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:36 PM
Slayer
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
I've been sold. these quads look fun.
my order:
cnc 355 rxr
black top & bottom center plates
black rear arms and orange front with props to match
black cnc skids

Like your 2nd reference pic but with both center plates black.
will pay now
northrnflyer is offline Find More Posts by northrnflyer
Closed Thread