HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Jul 2012
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Ayo,

I'm finding that Self-Level on v1.4 is very, very good. I have my CNC355 tuned to fly very similarly to my V929.

My current SL settings:

P Gain: 35
P Limit 20
Acc trim roll: 0
Acc trim pitch 0

I calibrated my sensor using a decent level.

I'm not trying to do flips or any other acrobatics, so I don't know if SL and these other maneuvers are mutually exclusive. You should be able to toggle SL on and off with a switch. I am using the gear switch on my Turnigy 9X to do this.

Good Luck!!
Michael L is offline Find More Posts by Michael L
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:03 PM
FLY LOW
sunshine coast
Joined Aug 2006
119 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Hey Chris
Can i have a go pro mount added to my existing order and can you pm me or email me as i would llike to pay for my order today if that is ok
cheers
Mick
micool72 is offline Find More Posts by micool72
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,430 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by micool72 View Post
Hey Chris
Can i have a go pro mount added to my existing order and can you pm me or email me as i would llike to pay for my order today if that is ok
cheers
Mick
I sent you a video just minutes ago. Your 355 is ready and your 258 will be ready tomorrow. Sure, I can add a GP mount to your order.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:08 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Wow! Thats going to be such a sweet quad. Thanks to Creepy1's design idea and Chris's experience I have a "ONE" to call my own. Thanks to the two of you for this wonderful quad.
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:20 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Man did I pick the wrong few hours to go work on my quad ... missed out on two great chances

I have just about finished up my ESC test (I had one DOA F20 so want to test them all before I solder or flash) and flash "jig". Get them flashed and then see if I can fit everything into the blue soap box.

cheers,
Andrew

PS. Cool about your designs Chris. FWIW I kinda like the "A" .
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:51 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,736 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Are the go pro mounts positioned so they don't show the props in the video?

And do you need longer landing skids?
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:55 PM
Can you flip that over for me?
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
112 Posts
Great question. Not that it's gonna change my purchase but it sure would be awesome if you posted a short video of it in action.

S'il vous plaît.
superfets is offline Find More Posts by superfets
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:07 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeisteriii View Post
Wow! Thats going to be such a sweet quad. Thanks to Creepy1's design idea and Chris's experience I have a "ONE" to call my own. Thanks to the two of you for this wonderful quad.
Congrats! I dig the sand blasted look alot! Cheers, Chris for staying in the game.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:13 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
If you rotate your boards to fly in the + config with the "one" chassis then once again the holes are off. So why are they there?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:01 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltafly ch View Post
“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”
And while on stats: "Statistics are like a bikini, what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is critical."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Man did I pick the wrong few hours to go work on my quad ... missed out on two great chances

I have just about finished up my ESC test (I had one DOA F20 so want to test them all before I solder or flash) and flash "jig". Get them flashed and then see if I can fit everything into the blue soap box.

cheers,
Andrew

PS. Cool about your designs Chris. FWIW I kinda like the "A" .
Got my ESC test/flash fixture made and now have 4 flashed F20's ready for the next step. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6993 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
If you rotate your boards to fly in the + config with the "one" chassis then once again the holes are off. So why are they there?
Yea, isn't it just the wrong number of holes. You need 8 not 12.

cheers,
Andrew

BTW, I'd be interested in the other $30 "one" if it gets "unspoken" for.
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:32 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Quote:
And while on stats: "Statistics are like a bikini, what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is critical."

Got my ESC test/flash fixture made and now have 4 flashed F20's ready for the next step. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6993 .

Yea, isn't it just the wrong number of holes. You need 8 not 12.

cheers,
Andrew

BTW, I'd be interested in the other $30 "one" if it gets "unspoken" for.
Yup. He'll sort it out in revisions I'm sure.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,430 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Yup. He'll sort it out in revisions I'm sure.
Here's the final revision. I have five samples ready of this one but I have not ordered production yet. I have not even picked them up yet. They were ready yesterday but it's nearly a 2hr return trip to the factory. I was too busy in my shop. Anyways here's what was changed in the final revision.

1- Rotated the 4 As on the arms
2- Reduced the As to 3mm instead of 4mm
3- Removed the A in the center to cut down weight
4- Added radius to all corners to add strength as per Banjo5's feedback
5- Removed unnecessary holes to cut down weight

See picture below. (Note that this picture is not the actual final cut. The holes are incorrect on that picture but that has been fixed. I just don't have the latest pic hosted, but you get the idea)

Best,
Chris

bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:56 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Quote:
i like your test fixture, thanks for posting that, i've got some f-20's to use for one of my builds so i'll need to flash and test them also, although it sure is convenient just to get pre-flashed. i thought i was going to stop at 3 Armattans but couldn't resist the prototype A/One for $30.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:38 AM
South Africa
Joined Jan 2010
474 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Good to see u back online Chris.

Just want to place a order with you for your newly designed T R I C O P T E R!!!
Bking1340 is offline Find More Posts by Bking1340
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:39 AM
Can you flip that over for me?
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
112 Posts
Inspired by You!

I can't wait till the snow melts and my Armattan gets home. In the mean time i tried my first attempt at making a video. I'm flying an MQX, Praise(bash) me all you want. Any feed back is appreciated,

Can't wait for my Armattan, but in the mean time.

MQX on a cold and windy winter day! (6 min 36 sec)

My practice rounds.
superfets is offline Find More Posts by superfets
Closed Thread