HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
Blades; i see 8045 is what it left with, is there a shaft size i need to be concerned with? Is there a quality i should look for? Can i go to 9" props, if so what size?
9045 props will work and will provide a lot more performance but flight time will be shorter. Shaft size is 3.17mm

Airplane is probably better if you're not familiar with setting up throttle curves. This is because heli mode on many radios will have heli 3D throttle curves preset on on the FMOD switch for ST1 and ST2. This essentially means that if you hit the switch by mistake and go from "norm" to "ST1" or "ST2" your quad will then shoot up towards the stratosphere on full throttle. So if you use a heli setup, you'd better remember to set a linear throttle curve on ST1 and ST2.

Now regarding ayo's question about the quad continuing in the same direction as the last stick input given, this can be helped by tuning I in PI settings. My quads are tuned for acrobatics. One can reduce stick scaling to tame the quad, but it is tuned to "hold attitude." Read this correctly. I did not say "hold altitude" I said "hold attitude." This is essential for acro flying or else too much mixing imput would be necessary for even basic acro moves.

If you guys want the quad to slow down a bit when you let go of ailerons and elevator, go into PI settings and reduce the I gain. I ship my quads with I gain set at 30 but if you reduce that, the quad will not hold attitude quite as much. You can reduce that all the way to 0, I believe.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:56 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
9045 props will work and will provide a lot more performance but flight time will be shorter. Shaft size is 3.17mm

Airplane is probably better if you're not familiar with setting up throttle curves. This is because heli mode on many radios will have heli 3D throttle curves preset on on the FMOD switch for ST1 and ST2. This essentially means that if you hit the switch by mistake and go from "norm" to "ST1" or "ST2" your quad will then shoot up towards the stratosphere on full throttle. So if you use a heli setup, you'd better remember to set a linear throttle curve on ST1 and ST2.

Now regarding ayo's question about the quad continuing in the same direction as the last stick input given, this can be helped by tuning I in PI settings. My quads are tuned for acrobatics. One can reduce stick scaling to tame the quad, but it is tuned to "hold attitude." Read this correctly. I did not say "hold altitude" I said "hold attitude." This is essential for acro flying or else too much mixing imput would be necessary for even basic acro moves.

If you guys want the quad to slow down a bit when you let go of ailerons and elevator, go into PI settings and reduce the I gain. I ship my quads with I gain set at 30 but if you reduce that, the quad will not hold attitude quite as much. You can reduce that all the way to 0, I believe.

Best,
Chris
Thanks chief! Got it good to have you back! No no I knew about the attitude hold just wanted to confirm about the other bit before I flew myself into a wall..I'm bound to anyway..but the spares will help! Oh n the website looks good..waiting on it to finish!
Will be ordering another frame from you soon enough to put my naza on.. Still deciding on size ...plus its for fpv !

Merci!
Ayo
Ayodhya is online now Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Some of you guys might remember that the first two samples of the Armattan One had the holes for the KK2 facing the wrong direction. I'd hate to waste these frames because they are sweet. So I made two carbon fiber adapters for them. The CF is only 1mm thick so the wight addition is minimal, and the CF actually gives it a very nice look.

I have two of these I'd like to sell, but one of them may be spoken for already. I'll let these go for 1/2 price at 30$ shipped and PPL fees included. Now that is cheap for a frame like this. See pics below. First come first serve.

Best,
Chris

PS: skids are not installed, but I will include a set of CNC skids.

Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:03 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
A/One frame

i'll take it.
edit: thanks, P/P sent.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Last edited by adrenahelin; Feb 02, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
i'll take it.
OK. You know the drill, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:18 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
sir, yes sir.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
This one pictured below is from the second set of samples and the holes are correct. It has a sandblasted finish. It's extremely scratch resistant and it adds zero weight to the frame because it's not paint or anything like that. Just a sandblasting technique for alumi finishing.

I am going to give that one away at the request of Creepy1, the designer. The first person to give me the right answer to the following question wins the frame. I will ship it to you free of charge.

Q: Mark Twain once commented on the proliferation of a lie. What exactly did he say? Answer correctly and the frame is yours.

Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:47 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
659 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Q: Mark Twain once commented on the proliferation of a lie. What exactly did he say? Answer correctly and the frame is yours.
Good on you guys and excellent quote. ;-) I don't need the frame as I'm not in a place to buy the stuff to fly it or the skill to really enjoy it. Someone will really enjoy it though. My lips (and fingers) are silent.
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:00 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Mark Twain said A lie could run around the world six times while the truth is still trying to put on its pants.
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.
Ain't that the truth! The frame is yours, Sir. Congrats!

Edit: Oh wait!!! cmeisteriii actually got it right, I believe. Have to be fair, here. cmeisteriii is the winner. Sorry, ayo!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:07 PM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
88 Posts
“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Lol quite alright Chris! Cmeisterii well done dude! Haha enjoy your new baby!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Open Source

Alright, so... erm... A LOT of people have asked me why I got banned and I did not answer. I told everyone to just keep an eye on this thread and I would write a few words when I get around to it.

It's quite a simple story, really. Someone sent me some very basic drawings and asked me to custom build a couple different frames for him. One is now known as the squid, and the other one is a hexacopter design. I took the drawings he sent me and turned them into proper designs that could be submitted to a CNC factory and I had the frames produced. I then shipped them to this person. Turns out this person now claims that the designs are his own and he is currently trying to promote these frames as being his own custom builds. I posted images of his basic sketches next to pictures of the actual design I drew myself and I got infraction points for posting his sketches based on copyright infringement. I can't argue with that. The "sketches" I posted are indeed owned by that person.

This person would not let me post these images in his blog thread. He deleted my post. So I posted these images in this thread and a moderator nailed me for the same copyright infringement infraction. Can't argue with that. What put a nail in my coffin is that since I posted the images in two separate threads, I was also nailed for widespread trolling and that was a whooping 3 points. That, I could argue, and there is an appeal system in place if wish or find the time to do so. I certainly was not trying to annoy moderators or to provoke a reaction from anyone. I was simply trying to rectify false information posted by that person.

I have to say, I found it very frustrating to be banned over copyright infringement while trying to denounce this person for posting video and images of my own custom builds while claiming they are his own custom builds. If posting a picture that isn't mine earns me infraction points, I find it difficult to swallow that this person can publish my own builds as his own and get away with it. The difference, however, is that I plainly said that the images are his images when I posted them, but he, on the other hand, will not admit that the frames are my creation. This makes it very difficult for the moderators to act upon. This to say I'm not complaining. I'm just saying it's frustrating.

All of this has led me to reflect upon all this in the last week. I was bummed, unhappy, and frustrated. Then it dawned on me that I was straying far away from where I wanted to be. I want to have fun. This is what this hobby is all about for me; having fun. And all this bickering about designs and whatnot has simply not been fun. Quite the opposite, in fact. I started making frames for myself to have fun. I just wanted to HAVE FUN!

So, hmmm.... Soon my designs are going to be Open Source. Anyone who wants to use them, modify them, improve them, or just mock with them will be free to do so and I will endorse such practices. No more arguing about designs... The bickering is over. You're free to produce them and sell them! I'm cool with that.

All that competition can be healthy sometimes, but I find that the cutthroat "business" approach that many quad builders take on is really counter-productive to advancement in designs that we could all benefit from. I hopped on that bandwagon for a little while, there, and it was NOT fun.

As for those who prefer to claim their own ingenuity by copying the designs without making proper references, they will simply be labeled as "clones" builders. And that is also cool, if you ask me. If anyone wants to clone the designs and sell them, knock yourself out. I'll be flattered. You might want to remove the big "A" from the center plates, though!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Feb 02, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Go Pro Mount- New Design.

Here it is.

15$ shipped or 10$ if added to a frame or RXR order. This should be available on my website soon. This fits every Armattan model. You need to specify what model you want to put this on (M model or CNC model) so that I can include the proper length bolts that will work with your frame.

Best,
Chris

Site Sponsor
Closed Thread