HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:10 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobepine View Post
I will start a support thread the minute I close this thread. I want to wait until all orders listed on page 1 of this thread are shipped before I close this thread, though. Read on the next post for more information.
Why don't you get the discussion topic going now, then most of this traffic and help can transition there and you can close this one off as and when.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:59 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
What was involved with installing that gear? I'm on the fence as to whether I like that look or not. Are they pretty durable?
It was easy and quick. The gear is retained by replacing the inner bolts that retain the quad's arm assemblies with longer 3mm bolts for the heli gear support. These bolts is also the mounting hardware for the power distribution board and KK2 board.
First remove the top plate screws, top plate and the 4 tall stanchions under the plate. Then gently lift the KK2 board (no need to disconnect anything) and then remove the 4 short stanchions and gently raise the power distribution board slightly but no need to raise it compltely off the bolts. Lift just to gain access to hold the retaining nuts under the board with an openend wrench or small pliers.
Hold the nut with the wrench and spin the allen socket head screw out from the bottom. Remove only the two bolts for one of the HK500GT skid support and reassemble up to having the two nuts re-installed then do the same for the other skid support so not to have too much disassembled at a time. Then reassemble the quad.
The heli gear mounting holes match up with the bolt spacing for the KK2. You simply need to slightly enlarge them for the bolt to slide through.
You will need to add a small (1/4", 6mm) piece of foam or balsa on the bottom plate, between the skid supports where the battery mounts to make it flush for the battery.

As for durability, I dont know yet? Its from a 500 size heli that weighs more than this quad and is not one of the parts people talk about replacing due to durability. Plus they have good reviews.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_H50122_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_H50090_.html

I understand this look in not for everyone. This is my first quad, but I have had a few heli's in the past. Maybe thats why I like them?

Sorry to clutter your thread Chris....

Good luck
romeodz is online now Find More Posts by romeodz
Last edited by romeodz; Feb 01, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
223 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hey Chris I'm ready to make my order for a CNC 258. All black anodized with clear top plate. Orange front blade's.
how much would an extra set of blade's cost?
mr_3_0_5 is offline Find More Posts by mr_3_0_5
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:18 PM
Can you flip that over for me?
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
112 Posts
Check out the FAQ on page 1. Here's a quote.

"Armattan Quads FAQ

1- Can I buy props from you? No. I only include one set. I buy my props from here: http://www.himodel.com/sort.php?sub1=E2 And there is a poster selling them at a good price in the classifieds. His prices are good and I heard he's a nice guy."

There not hard to find my friend, you'll love your quad.

P.S. Here's another quote.

"Check it out: www.armattanquads.com The CNC 355, 258 as well and the M models are already listed and available for orders, both as DIY kits and as RXRs.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris"

Cheers
superfets is offline Find More Posts by superfets
Last edited by superfets; Feb 01, 2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:52 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
878 Posts
Hey guys still haven't flown my 355 yet, simple noob question.

Lets say you start up your quad, lift off, go forward, ( right stick pushed forward) , if you let go of the stick , does it continue to go forward.. Or stop and hover, as in stay in place....

Cheers

Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:21 AM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Hey guys still haven't flown my 355 yet, simple noob question.

Lets say you start up your quad, lift off, go forward, ( right stick pushed forward) , if you let go of the stick , does it continue to go forward.. Or stop and hover, as in stay in place....

Cheers

Ayo
Depends on whether you have self level on. Off and the stick will control the angle and it will stay at that angle when you go back to neutral. You need to give opposite control to bring it back. With SL on it should level out when you release.

Cheers, Andrew.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:47 AM
Joined Nov 2012
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Depends on whether you have self level on. Off and the stick will control the angle and it will stay at that angle when you go back to neutral. You need to give opposite control to bring it back. With SL on it should level out when you release.

Cheers, Andrew.
Thanks Andrew!
Crap! Now I have to really practice on my Rc eye one on expert move as it has the same characteristics of the quad without self level... Hmmm, maybe I should slap on my Naza into it!
Hows self level on the kk2 , can I still flip with it on self level?
Ayo
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:14 AM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Would like to know the answer to this ques. as well. Also, how do one setup self leveling cause I definitely gonna need it once I get my replacement props and rebuild my Chrystal.

Quote:
Thanks Andrew!
Crap! Now I have to really practice on my Rc eye one on expert move as it has the same characteristics of the quad without self level... Hmmm, maybe I should slap on my Naza into it!
Ayo
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:28 AM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
ok, now that i have read some and listened to Chris' preflight vid, i have aTX set up question.

I'm going to be using a Speky DX7 on my CNC version. Reading the manual on the KK board it says to set up TX for airplane. Chris' said he uses heli. What's best? Do i need to worry about gyro gain or settings on the TX if i use heli or is all that done at the FC?
If i use plane, can i still do acro?
thanks
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Blades; i see 8045 is what it left with, is there a shaft size i need to be concerned with? Is there a quality i should look for? Can i go to 9" props, if so what size?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Andrew!
Ayo
Don't fret it. As Chris says in his video (if I remember right), just dial down the scale stick to 30 (or less) and it will be fine.

I don't have a lot of flying in, but I found flying my tricopter pretty straightforward (until I kept pushing things trying to master FFF ).

I was flying my v929 plus borrowing time on an mQx prior to flying the tri. Here's a link to what I had, and a video to show how it flew http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5643.

My other piece of advice was to give a bit of a "jump" of throttle to get it into the air. Trying to "feather" it up is hard to do, and the board is in a bit of a no mans land when it's still (just) on the ground. Once it's flying then the control loop can do it's magic.

I never got SL set up in 1.2 and haven't had something to fly since 1.4 came out. I never used it.

Just "trust the force" and go for it!

cheers,
Andrew

PS. Can't flip with SL on AFAIK.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:02 AM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Yea Andrew that's the problem I was having when I first tried to fly Chrystal. I kept trying to feather the throttle but it would just tilt to one side and start to go out of control while still stuck to the ground. I then decide to give it a lot of throttle but I gave it too much and it went to Mars. I don't know why im worrying about flips when I cant even take off right lol. But I guess self level would have helped in my situation.

Quote:
Don't fret it. As Chris says in his video (if I remember right), just dial down the scale stick to 30 (or less) and it will be fine.

I don't have a lot of flying in, but I found flying my tricopter pretty straightforward (until I kept pushing things trying to master FFF ).

I was flying my v929 plus borrowing time on an mQx prior to flying the tri. Here's a link to what I had, and a video to show how it flew http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5643.

My other piece of advice was to give a bit of a "jump" of throttle to get it into the air. Trying to "feather" it up is hard to do, and the board is in a bit of a no mans land when it's still (just) on the ground. Once it's flying then the control loop can do it's magic.

I never got SL set up in 1.2 and haven't had something to fly since 1.4 came out. I never used it.

cheers,
Andrew

MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:06 AM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
Yea Andrew that's the problem I was having when I first tried to fly Chrystal. I kept trying to feather the throttle but it would just tilt to one side and start to go out of control while still stuck to the ground. I then decide to give it a lot of throttle but I gave it too much and it went to Mars. I don't know why im worrying about flips when I cant even take off right lol. But I guess self level would have helped in my situation.
Maybe, I can't comment on SL because I haven't used it yet. Just dial down your control throws I think. You just need a quick burst of throttle to "spring" it into the air, then find the right amount for hovering. Practicing with one of the little quads helps a lot (v929, etc.).

cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:09 AM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
are you set as heli or Areo? I'm wondering if it is your throttle curve if set under heli
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Nov 2012
878 Posts
Quote:

cheers,
Andrew

I sense the force is strong in you indeed.. Go now I must, fly I have to this beast.
May the force be with you.

Closed Thread