HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Here would be okay muck. I think there's talks of a regular discussion forum I think we are just waiting to let Chris create it if he wants to so he can add all the info here to the first post of the new thread.
I will start a support thread the minute I close this thread. I want to wait until all orders listed on page 1 of this thread are shipped before I close this thread, though. Read on the next post for more information.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:00 PM
Joined Mar 2006
769 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
bob, you have a video on part2 thread that showed us newbies how to set up the KK2 and TX.
Can you post that link or vid please.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:04 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
armattanquads.com

OK guys... I have some good news...

So what's new? I am now working with a team of highly experienced devs that are currently putting together a website for me. The design is in the works, but given the recent events... they took the time to put together a temporary page for me. Check it out: www.armattanquads.com The CNC 355, 258 as well and the M models are already listed and available for orders, both as DIY kits and as RXRs.

Does this take away from the personalized service people got when ordering on RCG from me? So it seems... But no, not really. I will personally reply to everyone who orders from my website and continue to offer the EXACT same service. You'll get a personalized video before I ship the quad to you and I'll be available to answer your questions and to offer support just the same. No difference. I adopted a unique business model when I started selling quads here and I believe it is one of the things people really appreciate, aside from the low price and the awesome designs. I'm sticking to it. You will hear from me personally and I'll make sure your quad is built to you preferences.

On a side note, those of you who were waiting for the GoPro mount, well, I have them now. I have redesigned them to be lighter and they are now available. They are not listed on my web page yet, but it shouldn't be too long. In the mean time, you can shoot me an email or a PM to get one. The price is 15$ shipped, or 10$ if you add it to a frame kit, DIY kit of a RXR kit. I'll try to remember to post images here soon.

I also have a cool new design or two coming up soon... But I'll keep you guys guessing on what they are...
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Feb 01, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
bob, you have a video on part2 thread that showed us newbies how to set up the KK2 and TX.
Can you post that link or vid please.
Sure. Here it is, Sir. (Note that the quad in the video is ancient. That was not even V1! It was hand made. We're now working with V3 CNC designs... Time to make a new video, I think...

Best,
Chris

Pre-Flight Check and Tips; Armattan (12 min 0 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:09 PM
Joined Mar 2006
769 Posts
thanks
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
thanks
You're welcome. Play safe and have fun.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:31 PM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
87 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
nice site chris
Regards Harry
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:52 PM
Quad On!!
United States, AL, Auburn
Joined Dec 2012
890 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Awesome site chris! Even better that you can accept credit cards!!! lol
nate25j is offline Find More Posts by nate25j
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:54 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
It's really good to hear from you Chris! I'm looking forward to seeing the new website, being part of the support thread, and my next order.

Take care,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:08 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Wow that's one great start on a web site - looking good. Love how its setup so far can't wait to see it when its done and in use.
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
45 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Your site looking very nice Chris i am sure its going to be very beautiful.
My armattan M is ready to fly (hobbyking batteries and charger arrived fast! ), i set up the receiver and everything is rdy to fly, i hope tomorrow if the weather is good..But i have one question guys please. When i arm the kk2 board, its doing "beep - beep - beep.. " and the led is red on the board. Is that normal? The battery is full charged and all the info in the kk2 when its armed are ok.
ikarous is offline Find More Posts by ikarous
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:06 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Glad your site is up Chris and all is going well. Hang in there.
I also wanted to tell you I really like the tune you use on your vids while it shows 'Armattan Productions'.
I've watched most of them a bunch of times.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Feb 01, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:58 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
I have CNC ones coming with my Quad but don't have them yet. How did you mount the Tennis Balls? How do they do as landing gear? I was looking at the rubber tubing idea found here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772823
I put HK500GT gear on my Armattan V1. Two reasons for the gear swap was the battery was touching the ground when using the nylon pegs (too short) and they also seemed fragile. Havent flown it with this gear yet but looks good.
I received my Armattan 355 with the CNC gear a week ago but havent had the chance to fly it yet. These are awesome quads!
romeodz is offline Find More Posts by romeodz
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:08 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
628 Posts
What was involved with installing that gear? I'm on the fence as to whether I like that look or not. Are they pretty durable?
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:45 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2006
116 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Glad to see you are 'back' (after never been away...) and your website look great!
It's bookmarked, but in a special way: I made a special "Armattan" map:

Vibosoft is offline Find More Posts by Vibosoft
Closed Thread