SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:51 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinr View Post
what you can do is use both - by increasing the stick scaling and enabling dual rates you can switch between aggressive and smoother flight modes without having to land.
+1,
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:50 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinr View Post
What you can do is use both - by increasing the stick scaling and enabling dual rates you can switch between aggressive and smoother flight modes without having to land.
What I do too. Best of both worlds. My only caution is more with Self-Level on a switch, make sure it's not one you can hit accidentally. I had a bad flight when I inadvertently had it turned on (before it was both working right (1.2) and set up).

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:59 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
640 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Anyone want to share their DX6i Settings?
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Got my first decent still photo from my Armattan CNC355 this morning. Very satisfying!

The shot, and more details here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ml_kap/8429885769/
Michael L is offline Find More Posts by Michael L
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:15 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael L View Post
Got my first decent still photo from my Armattan CNC355 this morning. Very satisfying!

Nice picture Michael
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:12 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2012
41 Posts
anyone know if it will change anything if I switch one of my esc's from a 20A to a 30A. same brand and will be flashed same as the other they are both from hobbyking. I seem to have burnt one and I had 30A on hand.
LifeStyle is offline Find More Posts by LifeStyle
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:24 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
I am using 6X4.5 three blade right now I also have used 6X4.5 two blade both work fine, I just prefer 3 blade/
is there a benefit to one or the other when flying for acro?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:57 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2012
41 Posts
Thanks JSFLYRV, was wondering hadn't seen many people using 3 bladed props before on quads. I think ill give it a try.

Here are a few pics of my CNC 355 from Chris.

Also heres a pic of my first battery I had originally plugged into my quad, 4s 3000mAh, 35c. fried 2 esc's on lift off. was so sad.
LifeStyle is offline Find More Posts by LifeStyle
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:45 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Anyone want to share their DX6i Settings?
I'm using a DX7s but I have no settings. I just fly it on defaults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle View Post
Thanks JSFLYRV, was wondering hadn't seen many people using 3 bladed props before on quads. I think ill give it a try.

Also heres a pic of my first battery I had originally plugged into my quad, 4s 3000mAh, 35c. fried 2 esc's on lift off. was so sad.
Looks good, man. I hadn't seen a black cnc frame yet, Is that shrink wrap on your receiver? Looks pretty clean that way.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Last edited by major.monogram; Jan 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:22 AM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael L View Post

Love it! Can't wait to see more from the new Canon. Thanks for posting this.
Justin83 is offline Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:24 AM
Master of Disaster!
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
is there a benefit to one or the other when flying for acro?
I'm not sure, but I believe I remember reading a while back that the 2-blade design are much more efficient than the 3-blade (especially for acro).
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:31 AM
Master of Disaster!
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
anyone know if it will change anything if I switch one of my esc's from a 20A to a 30A. same brand and will be flashed same as the other they are both from hobbyking. I seem to have burnt one and I had 30A on hand.
There shouldn't be a problem with that at all.

Quote:

Looks good. Love the all black look. I think Major is right. That does look like black shrink on the RX. Good idea. Sorry to hear about the ESCs burning. I've have been incredibly lucky with mine. My luck may just run out if I keep pushing the limits. I've been running a 4s 40c 2200mah battery on my little tiny M230 w/ 6" props while loaded up pretty heavy with a ContourHD helmet cam. The larger battery and heavy camera don't seem to have any effect on flight characteristics. Do not ask me how my 4 little 18A ESCs have not burnt out yet using the 4s battery while lifting these kind of loads.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:05 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
There shouldn't be a problem with that at all.

Looks good. Love the all black look. I think Major is right. That does look like black shrink on the RX. Good idea. Sorry to hear about the ESCs burning. I've have been incredibly lucky with mine. My luck may just run out if I keep pushing the limits. I've been running a 4s 40c 2200mah battery on my little tiny M230 w/ 6" props while loaded up pretty heavy with a ContourHD helmet cam. The larger battery and heavy camera don't seem to have any effect on flight characteristics. Do not ask me how my 4 little 18A ESCs have not burnt out yet using the 4s battery while lifting these kind of loads.
Justin are you using a seperate BEC? If not your luck WILL run out
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:17 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
I'm not sure, but I believe I remember reading a while back that the 2-blade design are much more efficient than the 3-blade (especially for acro).
Not sure if they are more efficient or not, they IMO makeless noise. Check out most large piston engine aircraft and they have three or more blades, most small private aircraft do not but it is a weight thing. I fly my quads with both and find I always go back to three blades on my small quads that have high kv numbers. On my CNC 258 I am running 2826/2600kv motors that is a lot of rpms. Mostly I think I use 3 blade because they are quiter.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:40 AM
Master of Disaster!
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Justin are you using a seperate BEC? If not your luck WILL run out
Nope. I know my lucks gonna run out eventually. Kinda hope it does. Then I've got an excuse to upgrade my ESCs to 40A, which of course means I get to buy bigger motors too...lol.

Quote:
Not sure if they are more efficient or not, they IMO makeless noise. Check out most large piston engine aircraft and they have three or more blades, most small private aircraft do not but it is a weight thing. I fly my quads with both and find I always go back to three blades on my small quads that have high kv numbers. On my CNC 258 I am running 2826/2600kv motors that is a lot of rpms. Mostly I think I use 3 blade because they are quiter.
I believe the inefficiency has to do with the horizontal plane of the prop as oppossed to the almost vertical plane used in an airplane prop. I believe inefficiency only really comes into play on landings as the 3-blade design generates more rotor wash to fight through. Also, 3-blade designs have more rotating mass which means slightly slower RPMs = less headspeed -> I believe.

The only reason full scale helicopters utilize a 3 or more blade props is when the aircraft needs to generate more lift due to hauling heavy loads and it is not practical to extend a 2 bladed design to longer lengths.

Again, I am no expert. So take everything I said with a grain of salt. But I do believe I have read this info before. Also, the three blade design are quieter. That is a plus to some people. However, I like how mine sounds like someone just unleashed 2,000 angry hornets straight from the depths of hell! It tends to get peoples attention.
Last edited by Justin83; Jan 31, 2013 at 04:47 AM. Reason: grammar
Closed Thread