HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:39 PM
...you hear that, Mr Anderson?
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2012
78 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I haven't yet bought an Armattan, but I've been following Chris' Armattan threads and, when it comes to his quads and business dealing with customers, we've all seen the overwhelming positive feedback. Nobody can question that.
Bryan, on the other hand, has been very helpful to me when I asked a question about posting a full build video.
He's also made countless helpful posts on Armattan threads.
Let's give credit where it's due... both these guys have been good for the RCGroups community.
As for what happened behind the scenes, let it stay there... If we were not directly involved, keep our noses in our own business. Chris has admitted above that he did something wrong (whatever that was, who cares... he will deal with it).
Yes it's causing a slight delay for those who wanna place new orders, but consider it a (well deserved) break for Chris... If he went on holiday, it would be the same thing.

My post, in a nutshell is:
1. I understand we want to support (either of) the men here, but sometimes it best to leave it to the men themselves to sort through it (...and anyone else directly involved)
2. Judge people by the experience YOU have with them

Happy flying.
Inevitability is offline Find More Posts by Inevitability
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:18 AM
Can you flip that over for me?
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
112 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
++1
superfets is offline Find More Posts by superfets
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:22 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Receiver test, and see if a channel is reversed. That usually flips it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by northrnflyer View Post
Hey Major,

I had that problem today on another quad and I had accidentally hooked up 2 motors in the wrong spot. Motor 1 was in 3 spot and motor 3in the 1 position. Dumb mistake, but lucky that it only took me 10 mins to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
These things are so hard to fix in text. Usually when it flips right over it is unclaibrated ESC or props on in wrong position motor hooked up wrong etc etc.

I know you probably know all of this but here goes
Front left motor CW, front right motor CCW, rear right motor CW, rear left motor CCW.

Calibrate ESC's, tx throttle full up turn on radio, push and hold both outside buttons and plug in battery to quad when you hear the da da da daaa then close the throttle while still holding the two buttons you the hear da da da de let go of buttons, unplug and plug in again should take care of calibrations. All with props off of course. if you have not made any changes in the KK2 it should be good.
But check in the KK2 menu you are still with correct motor lay out being a X NOT a +. under load motor lay out make sure quadcopter X mode is used. Do a sensor test to make sure they all say ok. In MODE SETTING if you use your TX to turn on self level make sure it say AUX, I link roll and pitch so it say yes, Auto disarm YES, CPPM enabled NO, Turn on the radio and do a receiver test and make sure everything on the test screen corresponds with what you are doing with the TX controls. CHECK once more that you have the correct wire hookup between RX and KK2.

I understand you probably know and do this stuff already but barring a mechanical problem that is about all I can do to help.

GOOD LUCK
Thanks again guys. My quad is back in the air. Creepy you were spot on. Both my ailerons and rudder were reversed. Not sure why. It all started when I switched my dx7s from heli to acro even tho it was flying perfectly fine in heli mode.

Thanks for that useful checklist jsflyrv. It is all stuff I have looked at previously but it really helps to have it in black and white and to follow a process.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:23 AM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
WOW! Inevitability I totally agree with you about these two. I cannot fault anyone who has helped me and both have been there when I needed them. Like all the rest of you on this thread. I am not going to judge them like you in any other way and I will treat both with respect as I think they have earned that from me. They contribute positively to the hobby in many different ways. It's all about fling and enjoying quads and sharing support for each other.
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:47 AM
Pico Rivera, CA
Joined Apr 2004
285 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post

Despite whats going on Armattans ARE A BLAST TO FLY, I have two M230s and a CNC 258 plus 5 or 6 other quads, who's counting.
Hi, which quad do you like the best CNC258 or M230? Which one is lighter?
what kind of flight times are you getting with these two quads?

thanks.
teebok is offline Find More Posts by teebok
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:04 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
881 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I think this is between Bryan and Chris, we should ALL mind our own business and let them sort this amongst each other like two mature adults, instead of us just adding gasoline to the fire n complicating an already complicated situation.

Regards
Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:39 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Thanks again guys. My quad is back in the air. Creepy you were spot on. Both my ailerons and rudder were reversed. Not sure why. It all started when I switched my dx7s from heli to acro even tho it was flying perfectly fine in heli mode.

Thanks for that useful checklist jsflyrv. It is all stuff I have looked at previously but it really helps to have it in black and white and to follow a process.
I had the same issue with a dx6i once so that's why I was pretty certain on the reversing being the problem. Glad it's all sorted out.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:46 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Yeah, I somehow still ended up in heli mode after all of the switching things around trying to figure out what was going wrong...lol. I don't think I'm going to acro mode anytime soon since it is working once again.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:57 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Dec 2012
309 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
I just bought my 258 when this new thread opened. Before buying it I talked with both these guys. They both helped me out in finding what I needed. I was sorry to hear about the trouble and sad to see this thread lose the guidance of its originator, even for a short time.

Can't wait for my 258 to get here. Thanks Cris for the video, I've watched it 5x. My wife is tired of it though
Pablochopper is offline Find More Posts by Pablochopper
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:53 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
639 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablochopper View Post
Can't wait for my 258 to get here. Thanks Cris for the video, I've watched it 5x. My wife is tired of it though
This made me chuckle. I'm expecting my video today hopefully. Chris said my M381 will ship this week. Like you, I'm sure my wife will get tired quickly of my watching the video over and over again. I'm like a kid before Christmas waiting for this thing to arrive.
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:16 AM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
88 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
ha ha ha
de kid in a mann
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
309 Posts
I will send you a vid to watch when I get mine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
This made me chuckle. I'm expecting my video today hopefully. Chris said my M381 will ship this week. Like you, I'm sure my wife will get tired quickly of my watching the video over and over again. I'm like a kid before Christmas waiting for this thing to arrive.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:37 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
If you could only see the look on my wife's face every time I say 'hey check this out'. It's priceless. She humors me most of the time though.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:50 AM
Joined Dec 2012
309 Posts
I have to watch them in the bathroom now! )

(Not really, but almost)
Last edited by Pablochopper; Jan 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:16 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
639 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Got my video - made my payment - now to wait for my shipment! Woohoo!
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Closed Thread