SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:11 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Armattan. Today, tomorrow..most definitely after .

C u soon Chris !
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:41 AM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
124 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Deleted by Maseo54
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54
Last edited by Maseo54; Jan 27, 2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Deleted by Maseo54
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:43 AM
Can you flip that over for me?
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
112 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Hey all, From him to you!

" I made a mistake and the site administrators and moderators did what they had to do. There are rules on RCG and I did not follow them. I did not realize I was not following them, but it is what it is and I don't want people who had good dealings with me blame the site for my suspension. RCG is a good site, it is well run, in my opinion and it was up to me to follow basic guidelines but I messed up. I will hopefully be back in a week or so and not a word will be spoken from me about this again. Lesson learned the hard way.

Thanks a million!

Chris"
superfets is offline Find More Posts by superfets
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:56 AM
Slayer
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I saw BF's "designs" (my 6 year old could have done better) and I saw what Chris, in my opinion professionally designed. The squid seems ugly to me and nothing more. Chris you should be glad to be rid of it. I think you should still do a version of your hexacopter center plates with any nessecary changes to avoid any BS copyright claim. I would buy some for a DIY hex project as I'm sure many others would as well.
I'm glad to have purchased my quad from what has to be one of the better "traders" out there. Custom built to what a guy wants, video support and a good fair price from someone who is truly doing it out of love for the hobby. Keep doing what you're doing Chris, it's working for you.
northrnflyer is offline Find More Posts by northrnflyer
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:13 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Listen man Chris, yo do what you gotta do my brother, im in you court no matter what. Shyyyyttt... I thought we was all here for the love of the quad scene. So what you made a design that people like, Chris made it happen so you can see your idea go from paper to product. I love how Chris do his shyt, and I hope this don't deter him from collaborating with future Armattan lovers.

Dem caan stop yuh show Chris, prosperity is yours cause yuh heart clean. Keep the faith. One.

Biggz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfets View Post
" I made a mistake and the site administrators and moderators did what they had to do. There are rules on RCG and I did not follow them. I did not realize I was not following them, but it is what it is and I don't want people who had good dealings with me blame the site for my suspension. RCG is a good site, it is well run, in my opinion and it was up to me to follow basic guidelines but I messed up. I will hopefully be back in a week or so and not a word will be spoken from me about this again. Lesson learned the hard way.

Thanks a million!

Chris"
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:22 PM
Slayer
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseo54 View Post
By bye, Armattan....
I really don't care what went on between the two of them but it's not cool to contact other members like me via private messages and bad mouth the other guy. I'm here to enjoy, buy, and talk about multirotors, not about your problems, Chris. Don't get me wrong, I do love my CNC355, but If you have a problem with someone, deal with that person directly. Don't be childish and go get yourself banned!

That being said, I'm stopping my support for Chris and his Armattans. Will support my fellow American that creates quads right here in America.

A side note for us Americans.... Chris got mad and pm'd me because I posted USA! , USA! , USA! on Bryan's forum.... Wow! We Americans should be scratching our heads after that one!

Maseo54
Sounds to me like Bryan sourced out someone to bring his sketch to reality. It may be made in America but it was designed in partnership by someone else. If that's not the case then why not just take his own design to his own CNC guy?

Then again, maybe you never saw Bryans works of art. I hope Chris got paid for doing his part in designing Bryans frames and its too bad that it came to this. Only 2 people really know what happened here...........
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfets View Post

Thanks a million!

Chris"
Glad you'll be back . A week goes by pretty fast!

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:37 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
received my cnc258 frame and solder jig, rcx 1800kv motors on order, Chris supplied a power board to accomodate a cc3d controller.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Steveiewonder arn't you blind? H ow can you fly a quad? .......... just kidding thinking of Stevie Wonder the singer
GW waved to him .. so it's all good :-) .. subscribed
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Having followed along on the Armattan threads we can only see a limited view of what happened between Chris and Bryan's Flyin. From what I've seen on the various threads it seems like Bryan took advantage of Chris and is now using the fruits of Chris's efforts to fuel his own business venture. It's not clear to me if Bryan is just copying the work Chris did or if he actually ended up designing his own plates and arms from scratch.

There's nothing wrong if Bryan wants to design his own helicopters and sell them. Everyone is allowed to do that. I would expect that many of us here have or will someday venture to design and build our own helicopters too. I know lots of experienced people that have built their own rc's and incorporated designs, parts, and ideas from other products they've owned or seen. For personal use - I think that's great. For business purposes I think one would have to be a lot more careful - especially in a situation like this where you were cooperating on a project.

It's not a stretch that people would use CNC cut Aluminium. If you google CNC Aluminium Quadcopter you'll see there are other's that have done this too. The designs vary significantly.

The squid arms are not exactly a new concept either:
http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/ne...oads/88001.jpg
http://www.foamzone.de/store/images/P3245729.JPG

A quick search shows me that both parties have design ideas that have similarities to other design ideas out there. It seems to me that Chris's designs are his own (I could be wrong). From what I've seen of Bryan's latest video it looks like he's copying Chris's design quite closely. It is for this reason I think Bryan is in the wrong here.

Again, we don't know how it all came down the pipe, but it seems that Chris was presented with a very rudimentary idea - based on Chris's existing designs - and in the spirit of being helpful Chris spent his time and possibly some money turning that into a usable design. Chris then paid the CNC shop to turn it into an actual template and do the test cuts. I am guessing that at some point Bryan paid for his frames - maybe that covered the costs Chris incurred for the materials and cuts but we don't know.

I am a happy customer of Chris's I won't be jumping ship. I think perhaps it was not clear between Chris and Bryan what was going on and that led to this sad turn of events. I certainly will not buy from Bryan nor recommend others to do so and I think Chris has done the right thing by cancelling his plans to produce the existing squid and hexa designs. I think he's skilled enough that he can come up with his own take on multi-copter designs and if people want bent arms I am sure Chris can come up with a new idea on how he'd like to handle that too.

I buy from Chris because he has proven to be a stand-up guy when it comes to customer service. When you order from Chris you get exactly what you are promised.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:58 PM
Slayer
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
+1 nicely said

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Having followed along on the Armattan threads we can only see a limited view of what happened between Chris and Bryan's Flyin. From what I've seen on the various threads it seems like Bryan took advantage of Chris and is now using the fruits of Chris's efforts to fuel his own business venture. It's not clear to me if Bryan is just copying the work Chris did or if he actually ended up designing his own plates and arms from scratch.

There's nothing wrong if Bryan wants to design his own helicopters and sell them. Everyone is allowed to do that. I would expect that many of us here have or will someday venture to design and build our own helicopters too. I know lots of experienced people that have built their own rc's and incorporated designs, parts, and ideas from other products they've owned or seen. For personal use - I think that's great. For business purposes I think one would have to be a lot more careful - especially in a situation like this where you were cooperating on a project.

It's not a stretch that people would use CNC cut Aluminium. If you google CNC Aluminium Quadcopter you'll see there are other's that have done this too. The designs vary significantly.

A quick search shows me that both parties have design ideas that have similarities to other design ideas out there. It seems to me that Chris's designs are his own (I could be wrong). From what I've seen of Bryan's latest video it looks like he's copying Chris's design quite closely. It is for this reason I think Bryan is in the wrong here.

Again, we don't know how it all came down the pipe, but it seems that Chris was presented with a very rudimentary idea - based on Chris's existing designs - and in the spirit of being helpful Chris spent his time and possibly some money turning that into a usable design. Chris then paid the CNC shop to turn it into an actual template and do the test cuts. I am guessing that at some point Bryan paid for his frames - maybe that covered the costs Chris incurred for the materials and cuts but we don't know.

I am a happy customer of Chris's I won't be jumping ship. I think perhaps it was not clear between Chris and Bryan what was going on and that led to this sad turn of events. I certainly will not buy from Bryan nor recommend others to do so and I think Chris has done the right thing by cancelling his plans to produce the existing squid and hexa designs. I think he's skilled enough that he can come up with his own take on multi-copter designs and if people want bent arms I am sure Chris can come up with a new idea on how he'd like to handle that too.

I buy from Chris because he has proven to be a stand-up guy when it comes to customer service. When you order from Chris you get exactly what you are promised.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:08 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
417 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
What ever is going on between Chris and Bryan is not good for either one of them but it is their problem so they can work it out.

The guy that posted here as FLYINGHI420 was a shade account of another person and the FLYINGHI420 account has now been banned.

Despite whats going on Armattans ARE A BLAST TO FLY, I have two M230s and a CNC 258 plus 5 or 6 other quads, who's counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
received my cnc258 frame and solder jig, rcx 1800kv motors on order, Chris supplied a power board to accomodate a cc3d controller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post

jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:34 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
sometimes designers borrow existing elements or concepts from existing designs but will add their own improvement or changes enough so that it isn't just a copy. i think the Armattan may share the concept of a Warthox frame but Chris used 6061 alum. and original arm cutouts and center plate designs. we also can see the progression of Chris' scratch builds as he was looking for a durable acro quad for his own use.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:21 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Last edited by MrBiggz; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:09 PM
Can you flip that over for me?
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
112 Posts
Ethics, some live by them and some don't give a (blank)! You know who is who.
superfets is offline Find More Posts by superfets
Closed Thread