HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:37 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
311 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Can someone tell me, are the props that Chris uses Nylon only or something else? Trying to order spares, thought I was ordering nylons from Dan but if I interpret his thread right, I'm worried I'm ordering the wrong thing. Sure don't want props stressed or breaking mid flight. Can you help this newb yet again?

Thanks!
http://www.himodel.com/plane/FC_8_x_...ating_Red.html

From Page 1 of this thread post #3

"Armattan Quads FAQ

1- Can I buy props from you? No. I only include one set. I buy my props from here: http://www.himodel.com/sort.php?sub1=E2 And there is a poster selling them at a good price in the classifieds. His prices are good and I heard he's a nice guy."

I get my spares from Dan.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
628 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
From Page 1 of this thread post #3

"Armattan Quads FAQ

1- Can I buy props from you? No. I only include one set. I buy my props from here: http://www.himodel.com/sort.php?sub1=E2 And there is a poster selling them at a good price in the classifieds. His prices are good and I heard he's a nice guy."

I get my spares from Dan.

Thurmond
But do you order the Nylon only, Nylon/Carbon, DJI (which appear to be nylon with a core)? That's where I'm confused. All different types/prices.
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:55 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
The carbon props are stronger. I assume the nylon/carbon are a little stronger than straight nylon. I've only used nylon though and I haven't broken any that shouldn't have broken. I say go cheap unless you are an experienced flyer as they are going to break. I've been lucky and only broke one though so far...
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:23 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
311 Posts
Chris via e-mail, ask me to let everyone know "that the orders will be made and no one needs to worry about their order" since he can't post currently.

Thurmond
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:25 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
The carbon props are stronger. I assume the nylon/carbon are a little stronger than straight nylon. I've only used nylon though and I haven't broken any that shouldn't have broken. I say go cheap unless you are an experienced flyer as they are going to break. I've been lucky and only broke one though so far...
Carbon is stronger but more brittle. I have straight nylon or polypro (not really sure which but it is more "bendable") for my Armattan and some Carbon nylon for my DJI 450 Clone.

Thurmond
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:28 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
875 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Errr chrissssss,
Can't pm you any more..is it just me or is something happening?

Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:56 AM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Errr chrissssss,
Can't pm you any more..is it just me or is something happening?

Ayo
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Chris via e-mail, ask me to let everyone know "that the orders will be made and no one needs to worry about their order" since he can't post currently.

Thurmond
Justin83 is online now Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:59 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
875 Posts
Oh..ok ic..thanks Justin!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:33 AM
South Africa
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Why did they kick Chris off the forum?
Bking1340 is online now Find More Posts by Bking1340
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:17 AM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
87 Posts
hi guys
i have contactet chris
you can reach him over his email adress
armattanproductions@gmail.com
all orders what have bin in place, will bi send . hi will not take know orders till his " website is ready"!!!
anyone how has his order with him go in contact with chris over his email
thank you all Harry
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:40 AM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Wow!! I cant help but feel some bad mind and grudgefull shyt is going on right now towards my man Chris. They probably saw the potential his Armattan quads have and just wanna stop his show. Some real jealousy shyt. I feel like boycotting something/body just don't know who to blame yet
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:58 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I just had a search to find what Bryan is doing. It's always a fine line about what's "copying" and what's "evolving". My sense is that the market is big enough for everyone, and that service will end up being one of the factors that individuals will use to determine who to get things from. However, I'm sure Chris expended a good bit of effort on the "squid" design with the expectation that it would lead to something more. Have a feeling that the two of them should have been able to manage an amicable split, would look best on both of them.

I must say that I am concerned (generally) about all the manufacturing moving offshore, but that's another debate.

I am more concerned that things blow up and a great forum and community is now in jeopardy. I don't know what Chris did to get banned, and how RCG determines who is persona-non-grata. Things wouldn't be as good without him (same as timecop).

As for me, I'll just try to get some time to get my CNC355 built.

cheers,
Andrew

PS. And for getting stuff sent to Canada it's likely still about the same whether it comes from the US or Taiwan ... go figure.

PPS. To Moderators: are you contactable .... is there a way to get more info and present an input towards how a user is treated? Or this everything closed door and arbitrary?
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Last edited by Banjo5; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Moderator Question Added
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:02 AM
Look out! Mayday! Mayday!
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Jan 2012
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
Wow!! I cant help but feel some bad mind and grudgefull shyt is going on right now towards my man Chris. They probably saw the potential his Armattan quads have and just wanna stop his show. Some real jealousy shyt. I feel like boycotting something/body just don't know who to blame yet
*nod*
+1
Chingus is offline Find More Posts by Chingus
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:26 AM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
87 Posts
Copyright

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark

i thing
it belong too both of dem
LETS BI CALM
LET DEM DO DER WORK DER HAVE TO DO
Harry
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Last edited by deltafly ch; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:53 AM
Look out! Mayday! Mayday!
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Jan 2012
284 Posts
I have 2 armattans myself. One of the reasons I got them was because They were made by a guy I would watch on YouTube flying them around. I would know his yard anywhere. Another reason is I like the way Chris does business. Sending you a video of your quad flying for instance,... How cool is that?

Stop the nonsense!

Hope to see you posting again soon, Chris.

-John
Chingus is offline Find More Posts by Chingus
Last edited by Chingus; Jan 28, 2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Put out some flames
Closed Thread