HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:35 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
Been doing fpv with the second generation armatan, works pretty well.
What kind of gear are you using? Any pictures or videos? Thanks,

Casey
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Last edited by major.monogram; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:18 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
378 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Armattan CNC 258

Received my CNC 258 frame in the mail this morning and made its maiden flight in my garage this evening. This is going to be another fun flyer from Chris. I am not fan of the standoffs for landing gear so installed Trex 450 landing gear. Now that it is together and after a few flights I am going to take it apart and polish the top plate.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Last edited by jsflyrv; Jan 25, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:26 AM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
261 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Received my CNC 258 frame in the mail this morning and made its maiden flight in my garage this evening. This is going to be another fun flyer from Chris. I am not fan of the standoffs for landing gear so installed Trex 450 landing gear. Now that it is together and after a few flights I am going to take it apart and polish the top plate.

Looks good! I like the Trex landing skids. I bet they are much more durable.
Justin83 is offline Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:25 AM
FLY LOW
sunshine coast
Joined Aug 2006
118 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Hi Chris
Can i Please order a CNC 355 RXR v3 Metallic look $230
and also a CNC 258 RXR v3 Metallic look $225
set up to your aerobatic rates and to suit Spectrum
different coloured props from front to back on both quads
cheers
Mick
micool72 is offline Find More Posts by micool72
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:06 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
How do you guys install the heli gear? Do the mounts line up? Looks great. I do kind of like that the cnc gear gives a little to save the rest of the quad but I don't like my battery hitting the ground much. Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:02 AM
Joined Jun 2008
325 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Square frame kit....

Chris, just thought I would let you know I received the "square tube frame(12mm)" package. Looks good, nice neat packing job you did, no damage.....!!!!! Keep up the good work and service, THANKS AGAIN......!!!!

Al.....N3SHXX
N3SHXX is online now Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:01 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
378 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
How do you guys install the heli gear? Do the mounts line up? Looks great. I do kind of like that the cnc gear gives a little to save the rest of the quad but I don't like my battery hitting the ground much. Thanks!

Hi Major, I drilled four small holes in the bottom frame to line up with the heli gear holes. Not a lot of material in that area but enough.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:15 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Hi Major, I drilled four small holes in the bottom frame to line up with the heli gear holes. Not a lot of material in that area but enough.
Cool. Thanks. Do you think 450 gear is big enough for the 355? I'm guessing it would be, no?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,647 Posts
Trader Rating: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by micool72 View Post
Hi Chris
Can i Please order a CNC 355 RXR v3 Metallic look $230
and also a CNC 258 RXR v3 Metallic look $225
set up to your aerobatic rates and to suit Spectrum
different coloured props from front to back on both quads
cheers
Mick
Hi Mick,

This might take a little over two weeks. I'll add your order to the list now. If the turn around time isn't cool with you, just let me know and I'll remove your order from the list. I'll try to have this out to you as soon as I can.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,647 Posts
Armattan One Preview

Armattan One... Sneak Preview... ;) (2 min 1 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:26 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
How did it feel to fly it? It certainly looks great and the acoustics in your garage certainly make it sound mean! From this side of the internet that looked pretty good!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:30 PM
FLY LOW
sunshine coast
Joined Aug 2006
118 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hi Mick,

This might take a little over two weeks. I'll add your order to the list now. If the turn around time isn't cool with you, just let me know and I'll remove your order from the list. I'll try to have this out to you as soon as I can.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Hey Chris
I am happy to wait no pressure on time
micool72 is offline Find More Posts by micool72
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:44 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
220 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Just got the prototype GoPro mount. Thanks Chris. I installed it and here are a few pics. The mount came with some longer screws and some more lock nuts as well as a pre-attached foam pad and a strap for the GoPro.

Name: GoProMount.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 99.6 KB
Description:

Name: GoProMount (2).jpg
Views: 80
Size: 120.8 KB
Description:

Name: GoProMount (3).jpg
Views: 76
Size: 120.1 KB
Description:

Name: GoProMount (4).jpg
Views: 79
Size: 119.4 KB
Description:

I would change the ears that mount to the frame. They currently cross the arm where I had my ESC's mounted and this required my moving the esc's out slightly towards the motor. The mounting "ears" I propose would intersect the frame/arm area at 90 degrees to the arm rather than at a 45 degree angle as seen in the pics. This would avoid the bottom of the arm being crossed by the mount.

All in all though I believe this will be a good mount BUT it will require some landing gear such as my pool noodles or other landing gear to keep the GoPro from contacting the ground during less than perfect landings I commonly experience.

I will try to get some flight pics later.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Last edited by T3PRanch; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Just got the prototype GoPro mount. Thanks Chris. I installed it and here are a few pics. The mount came with some longer screws and some more lock nuts as well as a pre-attached foam pad and a strap for the GoPro.

Attachment 5478352

Attachment 5478353

Attachment 5478354

Attachment 5478355

I would change the ears that mount to the frame. They currently cross the arm where I had my ESC's mounted and this required my moving the esc's out slightly towards the motor. The mounting "ears" I propose would intersect the frame/arm area at 90 degrees to the arm rather than at a 45 degree angle as seen in the pics. This would avoid the bottom of the arm being crossed by the mount.

All in all though I believe this will be a good mount BUT it will require some landing gear such as my pool noodles or other landing gear to keep the GoPro from contacting the ground during less than perfect landings I commonly experience.

I will try to get some flight pics later.

Thurmond
Thurmond,

Thank you kindly for the pictures and the feedback. Looks like a pretty good fit to me. I'll do a few changes and I will put this into production.

Many thanks.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Cnc 258 rxr

Hi Chris

Ordering:
*CNC RXR 258