SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by helifrek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:59 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,903 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I have my claim in with Paypal to cover me. The seller has responded to Paypal and gave Paypal a shipping tracking number that they have also sent on to me. It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I am not holding my breath though.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:05 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
I have my claim in with Paypal to cover me. The seller has responded to Paypal and gave Paypal a shipping tracking number that they have also sent on to me. It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I am not holding my breath though.
Couple months back we had a seller sell trex450 clones for $60. The stuff he sent was coins and tiny foam gliders, both of which were worthless. Everyone ended up getting their money back but it took couple of weeks for some.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:27 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,903 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
Couple months back we had a seller sell trex450 clones for $60. The stuff he sent was coins and tiny foam gliders, both of which were worthless. Everyone ended up getting their money back but it took couple of weeks for some.
Yeah, either way... I am not worried about it.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:42 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Same here, have tracking numebr and have fingers crossed!!!!!!
Others wise PP has had use of $$ for a few weeks.

Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:57 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2010
652 Posts
Trader Rating: 100
Well I opened a case... I just got full refund
mmalik4 is offline Find More Posts by mmalik4
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:24 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
"Well I opened a case... I just got full refund"

You got a full refund already? Can you share how you went about that for those of us who are going through our 1st scam situation on Ebay please. Meaning, did you go through Ebay or PayPal to get your refund? I went through PayPal and they are telling me that per their rules they'll contact (or try to) the seller and give him 10 days to return my payment (ain't gonna happen) and then if they don't hear from him they will reimburse my payment. Is this similar to what you did? Thanks
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:32 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
PM'd ya and got my answer. Thanks for your response.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
"Well I opened a case... I just got full refund"

You got a full refund already? Can you share how you went about that for those of us who are going through our 1st scam situation on Ebay please. Meaning, did you go through Ebay or PayPal to get your refund? I went through PayPal and they are telling me that per their rules they'll contact (or try to) the seller and give him 10 days to return my payment (ain't gonna happen) and then if they don't hear from him they will reimburse my payment. Is this similar to what you did? Thanks
I filed a complaint on E-Bay site, within 1 day they and PP redunded my money, I did not have to do anything except file complaint. Not sure how it got resolved so quickly but it did.
On the other hand the Hero 3 for $79 has not seen much from e-bay except that they accknowledged complaint! Some knows how to push right buttons others like me do not.
Tim
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:18 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
"On the other hand the Hero 3 for $79 has not seen much from e-bay ..."

Interesting, and wouldn't ya know it....that's the one I went for. Oh well. I'll just have to wait and see what PP does about it. I shouldn't have to wait more than 10 days and I can certainly get by for that long. Especially since I was so friggin' stupid to even go for it. Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
"On the other hand the Hero 3 for $79 has not seen much from e-bay ..."

Interesting, and wouldn't ya know it....that's the one I went for. Oh well. I'll just have to wait and see what PP does about it. I shouldn't have to wait more than 10 days and I can certainly get by for that long. Especially since I was so friggin' stupid to even go for it. Thanks for your input.
Update:
E-bay contacted seller and he convincved them he was legit, so I am in holding mode also to see if or what shoes up.
The Hero 2 was different story, e-bay and PP pulled his plug quickly.
Tim
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
Update:
E-bay contacted seller and he convincved them he was legit, so I am in holding mode also to see if or what shoes up.
The Hero 2 was different story, e-bay and PP pulled his plug quickly.
Tim

The Hero 3 Black edition for #79.99 seller that I bought from convinced Ebay that he was legit? Because I got an email from Ebay the day after I placed my order saying that they pulled his listing due to "breaking the Rules". I then placed my actual claim with PayPal asking for a refund and so far the only action they took was to send a message to the seller to ask him to ship the camera even though I said I didn't want it. They said they'll give him 10 days to give him the benefit of the doubt. Pretty lame in my book but like I say I brought this on myself by being so stupid in the 1st place so I deserve it and will live with it.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:55 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
If its too good to be true...
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:19 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2006
550 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
i open a claim with ebay and they decided in my favor and gave the money back.

i got late to the party and order the one at 45dls .(at ll lights wayy to cheap to be real, but ebay and paypal are +- secure systems)
I do want to know, if the guys that already have tracking #s will receive the cameras. (specially the gopro 3 at 80dls)
jaas75 is online now Find More Posts by jaas75
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
534 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Theres one born every minute and the rest of us end up paying for it in fees.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:35 PM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Any one got his camera? Or tracking number?
Mitamar is offline Find More Posts by Mitamar