HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:43 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Complaint
For sale ad

Hi,

Well, this isn't really a complaint per se but I was sent a warning a couple days ago about selling Ruger rifle magazines (parts to a gun). I tried to delete the ad but was unable, so i did the next best thing. I revised the ad stating all were sold and marked them sold. Last night I received some kind of a warning from a moderator. Obviously, the moderator either did not read the entire ad or ??? Anyway, it was an honest mistake made by myself, I had no idea I couldn't sell these things, made right the thing I did wrong and still am getting notes that I am violating policy.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I got last night AFTER I had ended the ad:

Please edit your post
Dear subsinker,

One of your posts has been found by a moderator to be in violation of RCGroups community rules:

Original Post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=23825815
Post content:
Quote:
Hi,

These are sold out and getting hard to find. Get them before the government says "no-no!" Currently selling on fleabay for $40+ per. I have 10 brand new in the package that I will sell for $30.00 each. See the pictures for a further description. These are all sold. Thanks!
The warned post is currently hidden from other users to give you a chance to edit it. Once you edit your post it will be visible to other users again and all record of this rule violation will be removed from your account.
Otherwise, your infraction will stay in your account until it ages for a certain number of days. If you accumulate a large number of points your account may be temporarily suspended.

For this violation, you have been given: 1 point(s).

After Apr 17, 2013, this infraction will be automatically forgiven.

An exhaustive list of rules for the site can be found on the RCGroups Rules page.

There is no further penalty for being warned other than the accumulation of points. You may accumulate 10 points before being subjected to a 5 day temporary ban from the site. Very few users reach the 10 point level by accident so if this is your first or second infraction, please accept the infraction point as merely a friendly reminder about the rules of the site.

An RCGroups administrator will perform a review of the infraction sometime within the next several days, at which time the infraction will either be reversed or confirmed. If you feel that you've received the infraction point in error please feel free to initiate a thread in Site Suggestions / Complaints. Address the administrators with your specific objection and they will attempt to assist you if a mistake has been made.

The reason you have been warned is because:

Reason: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior)
The post is designed to annoy other users, inflate the post count of the author, describe or recommend an illegal or recklessly dangerous activity, or give advice that, if followed, would cause obvious harm.

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Not edited properly. Last chance to edit.
-------

All the best,
RC Groups
Forward Message
subsinker is offline Find More Posts by subsinker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:48 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Hi,

I would also like to know what part of the ad violates this policy:

The post is designed to annoy other users, inflate the post count of the author, describe or recommend an illegal or recklessly dangerous activity, or give advice that, if followed, would cause obvious harm.

I guess I don't understand.
subsinker is offline Find More Posts by subsinker
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
Would you like to appeal the point? Here is a link to a post that describes the appeal process: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551788.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar