HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Help!
Tandem RC airplane

Hey guys..!

I want to make a tandem wing airplane using a 2.5 cc engine, can anybody help me with the whole procedure of making one. Since i am new to this rc modelling i am confused with airfoils, wing chords, span, location of cg, and other dimensions.
pukarb is offline Find More Posts by pukarb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,082 Posts
It is best to buy a kit with instructions and all the stuff to build it.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:01 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,768 Posts
Why a tandem wing ? They're often quite tricky to balance and getting the controls working well can be difficult....so not exactly ideal for a first build.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Why a tandem wing ? They're often quite tricky to balance and getting the controls working well can be difficult....so not exactly ideal for a first build.

Steve
Actually i've taken up this up as a project in my college. I am ready with all the stuff required for this, but i am basically facing problems related to stability, cg, where to place wings, as in canard or aft-tail. Thats why i was looking for some one to help me with this. I really want to fly this one.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Actually i've taken up this up as a project in my college. I am ready with all the stuff required for this, but i am basically facing problems related to stability, cg, where to place wings, as in canard or aft-tail. Thats why i was looking for some one to help me with this. I really want to fly this one.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:59 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,546 Posts
look further down in airplanes general, and they have a thread just for your Q
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Mustang 450
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,107 Posts
Knock up a little sheet balsa facsimile and use that to determine the CG
bogbeagle is online now Find More Posts by bogbeagle
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:51 PM
TigreJohn
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Aug 2008
1,005 Posts
What happened with all that info I fed you in your original post on the same subject?
jjkupinski is offline Find More Posts by jjkupinski
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:46 AM
Keller, TX
Joined Aug 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkupinski View Post
What happened with all that info I fed you in your original post on the same subject?
"Spoon feeding solutions does not teach someone how to pick up the spoon"

D.Tristao

RCFVR is offline Find More Posts by RCFVR
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkupinski View Post
There was some confusion b/w me and my friend, he posted this thread again on my behalf.
Sorry for dat
But i was confused how could you suggest Horizontal separation gap of 2x wing chord. Vertical separation of about 1x chord. Dihedral angle of 3 degrees on each 1/2 wing panel...? What was the reason for that, bcoz i will have to provide the reasoning for the same to my faculty incharge. though i was comfortable with wing areas and clark y airfoil.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:40 AM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukarb View Post
There was some confusion b/w me and my friend, he posted this thread again on my behalf.
Sorry for dat
But i was confused how could you suggest Horizontal separation gap of 2x wing chord. Vertical separation of about 1x chord. Dihedral angle of 3 degrees on each 1/2 wing panel...? What was the reason for that, bcoz i will have to provide the reasoning for the same to my faculty incharge. though i was comfortable with wing areas and clark y airfoil.
Alrighty then!
FloridaFlyBob is offline Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob