HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:34 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,823 Posts
Discussion
The new Xtreme Decathlon

I bought an old A&A Industries kit ,(Nosen Citabria), and thought it be interesting to build it.
At the time I was looking for interesting color schemes, American Champion introduced the latest 'Decathlon', labeled the "Xtreme"-30 more H.P.,clipped wings,enlarged tail with an airfoiled section,and a different aileron hinging system.

Well by golly,I just gotta have one! I have enough materials on hand to scratch build one,so we began the two builds..One stock,one high performance...

I got the cowl and wheel pants from Fiberglass Specialties, and made a slightly longer gear,as they did for prop clearance.

Both builds are underway.-Build log is at Balsa Builders "Bud Nosen...........
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2013, 06:36 AM
United States, TX, Montgomery
Joined Aug 2006
1,236 Posts
Now

How is this h.p. version going? Never mind me will check Balsa build oh duh. donnie
menksters is offline Find More Posts by menksters