SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:07 AM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Discussion
Bixler v1.1 EPO 1400mm Can wings be transported separately?????

I have a Bixler V1.1 1400mm heading my way ("... within 7-21 days..."), and was wondering if any other Bixler owners have found a way to transport this plane without keeping the wings attached.

Or as an alternative to removing both wings before & after each flight session, Any way to keep just one wing attached/glued, screwed, and continually remove and and then replace the other wing, or alternating wings????

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Ron Christensen is offline Find More Posts by Ron Christensen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:39 PM
United States, NC, Avon
Joined Sep 2012
329 Posts
The v1.1 uses a thru bolt to secure the wings from the top. No gluing required. Save the box for wing transport.
robschonk is offline Find More Posts by robschonk
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:42 PM
United States, NC, Avon
Joined Sep 2012
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robschonk View Post
The v1.1 uses a thru bolt to secure the wings from the top. No gluing required. Save the box for wing transport.
http://flitetest.com/articles/Bixler...ox_review?q=V1
robschonk is offline Find More Posts by robschonk
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
Michigan
Joined Jun 2007
79 Posts
I got my 1.1 for Christmas and have it setup now waiting for better and warmer weather. I used the box as a storage and carrying case with the wings off. I took a hint from one of the blogs that added slots and cardboard at one end of the box to protect the tail and rudder - works great. I think that the 1.1 ARF is a great plane for the money for a learner.
warp45 is offline Find More Posts by warp45
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:24 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Question: Can the stock Motor for the Bixlder V1.1 be replaced with a more quiet motor. Perhaps even one as quiet as the small electyrics -- i.e. a Pico?? If you have any replacement suggestions I would sure appreciate it. I'm told that because of the required small prop, it may not have a quiet replacement

I'm asking,because there are no areas to fly in this very congested urban area without traveling 30 - 40 minutes out of town. So, we have now developed the position that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission after being turned down so often. We have been able to find a couple of close areas that have not yet asked us to leave.

But we know that if we had any kind of plane that could be heard while it is flying, we would have to ask for forgiveness and then leave.

Therefore, the above Question. I"m a newbie to electric RCs, and love it. So I ordered the Bixler -- which arrived yeasterday thinking that if it's electric it',, be quiet. However, now I understand it sounds "...like a bunch of angry bees...", and that it can be heard when flying

So, any suggestions and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Ron Christensen is offline Find More Posts by Ron Christensen