HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,112 Posts
Discussion
Airfield G-Kemy vs. FMS Cessna 182

I have looked at the two and they seem the same. Can anyone comment if they are the same bird just one was the left over NP stock and then changed when BH started to carry them or did some of the specs or quality change. It seems that the planes are the same but just wanted to be sure. The "new" FMS skytrainer cessna seems to be the old Arttech and I really done want that. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks in advance
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:26 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
I have the aerosky G-KEMY version. It's a great little plane. Had the esc smoke on me and a servo die, but as for the whole I love it. Handles 10-15 mph winds no problem.
btown2 is offline Find More Posts by btown2
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:36 PM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO
Joined Dec 2012
2,337 Posts
My FMS Cessna 182 from BH is version 2 of that model. Has updated cowl, spinner, landing gear, pilot figure, main wing attachement, increased battery bay, and rudder/elevator. It has smoked wind screens, not black out stickers or clear plastic.

I received mine a little over a week ago.
tdford is online now Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,112 Posts
Yeah I am trying to figure out the g-kemy vs the n9285...if one is version 1 or the other is v2 and if both v2 like the websites say then other than paint which is hte better bird. I like the gkemy and always wanted that one but dont under stand why fms has two birds with same features...both say v2...and one looks like the old arttech which is junk. Also want is the difference between the v1 and v2
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,112 Posts
Ahh...cool. Could both of you please post extensive photos of your cessnas please. I just want a fun little cessna I can scale out and have fun with. I am a warbird nut but need some calm flying too.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:43 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 flyby View Post
Ahh...cool. Could both of you please post extensive photos of your cessnas please. I just want a fun little cessna I can scale out and have fun with. I am a warbird nut but need some calm flying too.
The one i have isnt scale. It has black stickers for windshields.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:54 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,225 Posts
I have both gkemy with clear tinted windows and the latest fms 182 with tinted windows as well. They are exactly the same except for color scheme.
To be absolutely certain, post the links to the two cessnas you are referring to. Then I will know.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:00 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Airfield is the same company as FMS. FMS is the actual manf. NP branded the FMS planes as "Airfield." I suspect FMS sold the molds to other CH manufactures as there are virtually identical models to the original/old FMS 4CH G-Kemy SkyTrainer popping up all over the place which are not made by FMS.
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:04 PM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
173 Posts
Airfield was the brand name sold by Nitroplanes. When BH picked up that line, they sell as the FMS. Same airplane. FMS offers it to BH in 2 schemes, one as G-KEMY and the other as N9258. I bought mine from Nitroplanes a year ago which was the V4 series...clear windows, 3blade prop, flaps and lights. I like the color scheme layout of G-KEMY(I have the blue one). The N9258 layout looks cluttery to me. The airplane flies very well even in the wind. Not so great for touch and goes to the weak nose gear setup.
davidrd is offline Find More Posts by davidrd
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:12 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXD845&P=8
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:10 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO
Joined Dec 2012
2,337 Posts
Quote:
I have a blog: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2005440

In my FMS booklet that came in the box, it lists what the new features are. It's basically what I explained earlier, but I can list them exactly if you'd like.
tdford is online now Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tdford; Nov 26, 2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,112 Posts
This one http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...1350-prd1.html

versus

this one

http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...5362-prd1.html

I was about to order the blue one but its now out of stock. I dont like the n9285 scheme ethier but I am going to change the paint anyway so I would be happy if it were white...but I just want to make sure I am getting the better bird because its cosmetics will change within a few weeks anyway.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1,225 Posts
Quote:
This one http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...1350-prd1.html

versus

this one

http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...5362-prd1.html

I was about to order the blue one but its now out of stock. I dont like the n9285 scheme ethier but I am going to change the paint anyway so I would be happy if it were white...but I just want to make sure I am getting the better bird because its cosmetics will change within a few weeks anyway.
I have the red version of the first link above.

I have exactly the same unit as the second link above.

They are exactly the same plane with different colors is all...both mine are the latest versions as well.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:34 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,112 Posts
Very beautiful! I really was going to order the blue n9285 but they ran out the night I was pulling the trigger...I guess blue gkemy it will be. I have had callie do a lot of graphics for my planes so she will be doing some more. Thanks for all the help guys and gals. Also does the cockpit have enough room to do some scale work to the cockpit or not so much??
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1,225 Posts
P51fb,
PM me your email address and I'll email you pics of the cabin interior.