Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The 9x I ordered is from HobbyPartz, ordered Sunday, tracking says it'll arrive tomorrow. Kind of mad I did not order the Turnigy 9x from HK but oh well, I had 0 idea it would arrive as fast as it did from all the stuff on the interwebs about how terrible the shipping is lol. Experience with shipping time with HobbyPartz has been great so far will have to check out Nitroplanes and Grayson.
Hobbypartz shipping has been really fast for me; since they are in southern cali, and I'm in northern cali. It's usually 3-5 days at most.

However; being in the same state and faster shipping does have it's drawback- mainly paying uncle sam. My last order from HP was $75 (couple of motors); and they dinged me with $6 Tax plus $6 shipping...so I ended up paying $12 extra.

Now I just avoid HP if I can help it.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Jan 31, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:53 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Ya, I guess that's what I was thinking about.

If one says "I'm tired of drinking beer", but then keeps drinking beer, you gotta wonder, what is going on there? Probably addiction issues.

When I see that someone is almost exclusively posting in one area, about one topic, and always in a negative manner, I gotta wonder, what is going on there? Probably addiction issues.

I know I have addiction issues....airplanes!
I never get tired of drinking beer, so, I must be perfectly normal. Beer and airplanes, what else does a man need! Porcia, it would be a privilege to buy you a beer one of these days, if we ever meet. Will just have to keep an eye on you, when your around my wife! haha
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:02 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Not me, I swear

Shaggy "It Wasn't Me" (3 min 47 sec)
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:26 AM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
I never get tired of drinking beer, so, I must be perfectly normal. Beer and airplanes, what else does a man need! Porcia, it would be a privilege to buy you a beer one of these days, if we ever meet. Will just have to keep an eye on you, when your around my wife! haha
I live beer and airplanes. I'm aircrew on the C-17 Globemaster and aircrew procedure is basically land somewhere, go out, drink, sleep it off, fly somewhere else, rinse repeat... Just gotta make sure you keep at 12 hours "bottle to throttle".

As for HK, I'm returning the HobbyPartz radio so I'll see how their policy is on that but it should be fine. Put in another HK order for some more fuel tubing that I forgot, the Turnigy 9x without any module (don't like the way the 9XR looks and I've seen some meh reviews on it), the DJT JR module with Telemetry and 8ch telemetry receiver. No UPS express option this time so I am going to see how long it takes going EMS. Hopefully Chinese New Year doesn't screw up this order... I'm sure this one will take 10 days since the last one took 3...
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Those are fantastic pictures Scotty, thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:38 AM
United States, TX, Avinger
Joined Jun 2012
39 Posts
My experince with HK so far

In the last 10 months I have placed 59 orders, big and small, US and HK warehouses. To date the processing of all the orders have gone smooth as silk except for one. A paypal payment failed to register in their system. I dropped a note to CS and they corrected it and about 4 hours.

I did have one order for a large glider that arrived with a smushed box that messed up the tail a little but was easily repaired.

The shipping times out of HK can be pretty long. In those situations it was received by the HK post office and sat for days.

All business processes have an error rate. It cannot be avoided. They sell about $10M per month as nearly as I can tell, so there will be mistakes.

Maybe I am super lucky but I doubt it. They are doing well in my book.

Happy trails pilots!
Kevin
kevin8092 is offline Find More Posts by kevin8092
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:36 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Oy, just venting. HobbyKing is trying to only give me a partial credit for a defective LiPo pack because the cells are still good. Never mind the fact that the shoddy solder job means that the XT60 connector ground wire pulled out of the shrink-wrap.

I have let them slide on other mistakes because it would have been too hard to prove that it was a warranty item, but I had not even gotten a chance to use the pack before the wire pulled out.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:24 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
borrow soldering iron? Fix problem?
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:37 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad View Post
borrow soldering iron? Fix problem?
Yes, because I love to solder things that might short, explode, or burn down my house if done wrong. While that may be a little extreme, I do not have a soldering iron that can do 12AWG reliably nor do I have replacement heatshrink to properly wrap it if I were successful in making some cob-job repair.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:41 AM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
This is why I ordered double when it comes to batteries from HK. They are cheap enough at $4 per receiver pack and $6 per TX pack where it makes sense anyway. If they are all good you have spares, if not you aren't waiting from shipping from China. I did this with my my rx packs, needed 2, ordered 4, all 4 were good and balanced great so now I guess I'll just rotate them out lol.
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Hobby King / Banana Hobby Suck

I am a new to this RC stuff and it has been a nightmare for orders on new planes and extra stuff.
Banana printed out a label along with that a tracking number. UPS never got the package and Banana blaming UPS. Banana has a bunch of kids at cutomer service and they could care less about my shipment. Pete puts out great vids on his site to sell to everyone, but when it comes to customer service they get a thumbs down. He wants your money from that point on who cares.
Hobby King, I ordered from the USA warehouse and 6 days later they shipped my items from China, WHAT, I orderd from the USA warehouse. they indicated on an email that it may take 45 days for my shipment to get to me. WHAT! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE RIPPOFF COMPANIES WHO DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OTHER THAN TO TAKE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!
hunter8tukey is offline Find More Posts by hunter8tukey
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:39 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter8tukey View Post
Hobby King, I ordered from the USA warehouse and 6 days later they shipped my items from China, WHAT, I orderd from the USA warehouse. they indicated on an email that it may take 45 days for my shipment to get to me. WHAT! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE RIPPOFF COMPANIES WHO DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OTHER THAN TO TAKE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!
I hate to break it to you; but you can't really blame the vendor if don't select/buy from the right warehouse. If you would of bought items from the USA warehouse, the specific item would specifically show (USA warehouse); if it does not, it is the international warehouse (Hong Kong). Those items even show "international warehouse".

After you put it in your cart and on checkout, it even will give you options for "international shipping"...which would cue you in that it's not from the USA warehouse.

Not sure how much clearer this can get.
I've even seen guys select the $0 shipping (no charge) "Self collection in Lakewood, Washington United States warehouse". It seems people's eyes light up since it's shows $0; but when the item doesn't show up at their door, they wreak havoc. Some even are surprise and upset that HobbyKing expects them to pick it up in Lakewood.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Feb 23, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:29 AM
Previously "CarsonGamer"
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Jun 2006
243 Posts
Tell me one thing, why is it I paid $40 for standard us ground to Florida with HK, but when I received the package the shipping slip was priced at $19... I know there isn't $20 worth of "handling fees".
Ray-Ban is offline Find More Posts by Ray-Ban
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-Ban View Post
Tell me one thing, why is it I paid $40 for standard us ground to Florida with HK, but when I received the package the shipping slip was priced at $19... I know there isn't $20 worth of "handling fees".
Not sure what you bought, but you must have felt the $40.00 shipping charge was fair or appropriate when you paid it. Shipping and Handling is quoted, not just actual shipping fees. Boxes, tape, packing materials, and the fact that a either a machine or human had to pull the item, check the order sheet, and pack the item are all factored into the overall shipping and handling fee. Although I doubt they all added up to 21.00 in this case. I have no problem with a company making a profit, even on shipping. Lot's of companies out there have flat fee charges for item's that weight next to nothing, like $7.95 for a patch to sew on a shirt.

I try to look at the total price (item plus shipping) and if I'm o/k with that, I don't care if they charge a buck for shipping or twenty, as long as the overall price is o/k.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:15 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,642 Posts
$40 is a lot to pay for shipping in my book, I cant blame anyone for wondering about that.
But like 83, I just look at the total price, that is the bottom line. Some vendors charge low prices for goods and high shipping costs and some charge high item prices with free shipping. I just add the 2 prices together and go with the cheapest, all other things being equal. This is real evident when shopping at Amazon.com where the item price and shipping prices are both shown. Cheapest is not always cheapest when shipping is added on.

Hey Ray Ban, close the door will ya? It's cold down here.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Mar 03, 2013 at 09:23 AM.