HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:45 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I paid $12 over the standard airmail actually, total shipping was $40. I got easily $200+ if not more worth of stuff. As for the batteries, I got 4 receiver batteries for the price of 1 locally. If 2 are bad I still come out ahead. The balancer charger I got was $20 and has all the features a $90 unit has on tower, don't even get me started on the radios and engines and the price/features on the Turnigy/FrSky stuff that is proven to work great and is 1/10 the cost of a similar JR/Futaba.

So yeah even with the extra money for shipping I came out a good $100 ahead. I wish I would have held off a day because of course the Turnigy 9x with receiver for $54 came back in stock a day after I ordered it... Oh well I picked up the FlySky 9x from a US distributor with two 6 channel receivers and an 8 channel for $101 shipped.
I think you echoed to the "T" what I said earlier. Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
some of us would rather pay $40 for shipping and still come out ahead than pay 1000x's what we would at our LHS.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:47 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
???
Why the change of heart?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:04 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Why the change of heart?
Could be a hormone imbalance, possibly?
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:08 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Topic patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
HMMM, doesn't really sound pertinent to the topic but it seldom is.
Yes. hold out final judgement until you see if you received everything in working order. Remember you ony get 24Hrs to register those batteries or the warranty is void not that it matters. The HK warranty is virtually non-existent but if something arrives DOA you can give it a try. If you have to send something back for a warranty issue use UPS 3 day shipping that should cut down the turn around time to 5 months instead of 6.
You did pay $40 extra for 3 day shipping so why shouldn't you get it.
UPS is a well run American company that actually does what they say they will do.
Everything I've ordered from US vendors arrives in 3-5 day with standard ground shipping. Shop around.
So check that order carefully and if there's a problem???
Hmmm...why are his comments any more off topic than your discussion of UPS?

Do you realize HK has an warehouse in WA? I remember you saying something earlier about them not contributing to the US economy at all, but with a US presence and their use of shipping vendors here, I'd venture a guess to say you are incorrect in that statement.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I've seen threads like that on other boards about vendors before. Its just internet chatter. I'm not sure why mine got done so fast but this stuff is going to get here faster than the Tower stuff I ordered.
Oh, you don't have to look to the other boards for that kind of suggestion.

It happened right here, recently:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...08&postcount=1

Oddly enough the member who suggested that keeps coming back to these threads nonetheless.

I guess it goes to show you that the HK threads are some of the most popular ones out there. And a great place to find buddy codes too!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:21 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Oh, you don't have to look to the other boards for that kind of suggestion.

It happened right here, recently:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...08&postcount=1

Oddly enough the member who suggested that keeps coming back to these threads nonetheless.

I guess it goes to show you that the HK threads are some of the most popular ones out there. And a great place to find buddy codes too!

Are you referring to this:

<<I am losing interest in the HK forum.>>
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Prior post no longer needed. will edit again in 10 days if needed.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Ya, I guess that's what I was thinking about.

If one says "I'm tired of drinking beer", but then keeps drinking beer, you gotta wonder, what is going on there? Probably addiction issues.

When I see that someone is almost exclusively posting in one area, about one topic, and always in a negative manner, I gotta wonder, what is going on there? Probably addiction issues.

I know I have addiction issues....airplanes!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:37 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post

If one says "I'm tired of drinking beer", but then keeps drinking beer, you gotta wonder, what is going on there? Probably addiction issues.

I know I have addiction issues....airplanes!
Pretty sad, really...opppsss...I meant the beer guys!

Yea. me too. I confess..airplane issues. My wife says I should just bring my planes to bed with me! cause she says, I sure spend more time with my planes.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:21 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Pretty sad, really...opppsss...I meant the beer guys!

Yea. me too. I confess..airplane issues. My wife says I should just bring my planes to bed with me! cause she says, I sure spend more time with my planes.
My wife said that to me, one time. I told her to start doing her kegel exercises, and then, we can talk. Until then, my airplanes, take care of my desires. And thanks to Hobbyking, I can afford as many of them as I want!
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:24 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
My wife said that to me, one time. I told her to start doing her kegel exercises, and then, we can talk. Until then, my airplanes, take care of my desires. And thanks to Hobbyking, I can afford as many of them as I want!
LOL! If I said that, I think I'd be sleeping with my planes on the couch for the next few weeks!

I use to say my planes don't keep me warm, but thanks to HobbyKing, I can now get hand warmers...haha!

anyways, let's keep it on topic, before the topic police comes back.!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:41 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
Welp my box of 5 LiFe batteries, Accucel 6 charger, gasoline safe electric fuel pump, Tygon fuel tubing (did not order enough so off to LHS tomorrow doh), 9X LCD backlight, gasoline safe tank stopper, 2 UBECs, crapton of heatshrink and a power supply for the Accucel 6 came in today at around 6 eastern time. My 5th battery is about halfway done the balance charge and everything checked out good. Everything was packed great, box was properly labeled etc...

$128 for all that including 3 day shipping from Hong Kong to my door. Just the batteries alone would be about that from any other store, the Accucel 6 is at least as nice as the $90 smart charger on Tower and was $32 total with the power supply. I could go on... Ordered Sunday, arrived today on Wednesday evening. HobbyKing=Epic win and I will for sure order from them again. Probably when the new FrSky 12D comes out and when I jump up to a 1.20(26cc) size sport plane. $129 for a 26cc gasser? Yes please!
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Last edited by scottydsntknow; Jan 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Lets not get crazy with the good stories of good stuff being purchased....that brings the "you must work for HK" people/couple/guy/gal out of the woodwork.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
Lol yep I'm a $.30 and hour HK worker hired to post positive posts about them if I get any spare time off in my 20 hour workday of working in the HK factory and farming gold in WoW.

Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:29 AM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Aug 2012
92 Posts
I'm up to 69 orders from HK and that just from the last year and a half. I have near 100 TG9 9gr servos without a single failure and the $6 6CH Orange rx I have 25 and all work perfect. Motors, servos, rx's, and misc hardware are all very inexpensive compared to any LHS I've been to. Hobbypartz, Nitroplanes and Grayson hobby are my US favorites.
dbcool is offline Find More Posts by dbcool
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
The 9x I ordered is from HobbyPartz, ordered Sunday, tracking says it'll arrive tomorrow. Kind of mad I did not order the Turnigy 9x from HK but oh well, I had 0 idea it would arrive as fast as it did from all the stuff on the interwebs about how terrible the shipping is lol. Experience with shipping time with HobbyPartz has been great so far will have to check out Nitroplanes and Grayson.