Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post

Reading this forum is a great place to start and youll see lots of testimonials from people enjoying all their awesome HK gear!
Yep...I'm getting close to the 150 order mark in the last few years dealing with HK...just took receipt of a Shark high performance plane that I ordered for a less than internet savvy buddy of mine.A JIT item and I still got in a timely manner.

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:45 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytucker2 View Post
hobbyking falls under maritime and US law selling online in USA. I want to find out if I am a single person having issues or if it's a large group of us not getting product or money refunded.
Good luck with that.
it's been tried and in the end nothing came out of it. Stinks; but it is what it is.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+action+hobbyk

Listen to Carnifax; it really is a free enterprise; so either go with HK's rule, or plan on going down to you LHS and spending your money there.

There's also about a quadrillion other online shops that cater to good CS; maybe give those guys a share of your hobby $$$.

Quite honestly I would think by now that HK being as awlful as all these threads here on RCG says they are, that certainly they'd be gone by now; however, the opposite is actually true...they just continue to grow.

and that 10,000 order per day...That is being conservative. I was thinking in the neighborhood of 1 BILLION orders a day.

oh yea...I'm working on order 90 right now.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytucker2 View Post
some of these bloggers are HK people, but they are acting like customers. For several days I've requested to ship or refund. I get neither. I think I wasted $200-
True, there is a huge number of HK bloggers/promoters and some are probably paid employees. Of course the standard reply to saying that is always "provide names, provide proof", which only HK or the employees themselves can provide. Why doesn't HK clear up this mess by providing RCG with a list of names for the paid promoters operating on this forum. A very simple solution
As for your $200 call your CC company for help.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 25, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:03 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
True, there is a huge number of HK bloggers/promoters and some are probably paid employees. Of course the standard reply to saying that is always "provide names, provide proof", which only HK or the employees themselves can provide. Why doesn't HK clear up this mess by providing RCG with a list of names for the paid promoters operating on this forum. A very simple solution
Mr. Wargo disclosing he is a team pilot for HK and PA
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=71
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Feb 11, 2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Prior post no longer needed. will edit again in 10 days if needed.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:48 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post
Instead, they are busy getting orders out the door (something 10,000 orders a day!
FWIW
My last calculation based on order numbers between Oct and Jan was ~6500/day.
That would be a max number. I wonder what the average transaction $ value is? For me it's not a lot, maybe $40 average. Based on that, each day would bring in $260,000. I wonder what they net from that.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:11 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
FWIW
That would be a max number. I wonder what the average transaction $ value is? For me it's not a lot, maybe $40 average. Based on that, each day would bring in $260,000. I wonder what they net from that.
Based on their slim margins, I'd say they made a whole $2; then the dynamic duos did 50 paypal claims within the last month which then put HK in the red.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:58 PM
United States, MD, Kensington
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
FWIW
Are you sure the order numbers are sequential? Most systems I'm familiar with don't just +1, perhaps so their competitors can't figure out their volume.
michaelingp is offline Find More Posts by michaelingp
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
I thought that campaign of flaming this vendor was supposed to stop?

If you make an allegation that there are "huge" numbers of HK people and they are paid, you should back that up.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Last edited by porcia83; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:29 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelingp View Post
Are you sure the order numbers are sequential? Most systems I'm familiar with don't just +1, perhaps so their competitors can't figure out their volume.
My experience has shown them to be sequential. However, others have suggested they are not even in numerical order but random. As every order has had a higher number, I think we can eliminate that option.
It's a FWIW, one take on the volume of business they do based on the only numbers available to us.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:10 AM
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
For the guys who said "just go to your local hobby shop". When I started in the R/C world nearly 30 years ago. Once again, I had the original Futaba Gold AM radio's and I also had a Kraft radio there was a LHS on just about every street corner. I also had a RC 10 with a resistor type speed controller and used Futaba 148 servos. I now live in a rural area and there is no local hobby shop. The nearest hobby shop is over an hour away and it's a Hobby Town USA.... Not much there. So I am compelled to deal mostly with the internet. I just bought another plane (TechOne Venus 3d X) from Nitro Planes. Ordered on a Monday and had it by Friday. Thats the way to do business. HK sucks A$$. There is no way it should take 20 days to get your product.
jmg1170 is offline Find More Posts by jmg1170
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:18 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelingp View Post
The owner had mentioned on the HK forum more than 5000 orders a day to process quite recently. It's a live warehouse system so the numbers are sequential. Thats not to say some will not cancel.

Good to hear you found a more suitable source for your needs jmg.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:40 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg1170 View Post
For the guys who said "just go to your local hobby shop". When I started in the R/C world nearly 30 years ago. Once again, I had the original Futaba Gold AM radio's and I also had a Kraft radio there was a LHS on just about every street corner. I also had a RC 10 with a resistor type speed controller and used Futaba 148 servos. I now live in a rural area and there is no local hobby shop. The nearest hobby shop is over an hour away and it's a Hobby Town USA.... Not much there. So I am compelled to deal mostly with the internet. I just bought another plane (TechOne Venus 3d X) from Nitro Planes. Ordered on a Monday and had it by Friday. Thats the way to do business. HK sucks A$$. There is no way it should take 20 days to get your product.
Yes. Yes. Yes. I also mentioned about the quadrillion other online vendors you can support...and you did that...so Bravo.

there's so many others...so check them out:

other than hobbypartz, you've got
nitroplanes
banahobby
hobby-lobby
advantage hobby

also do a search here on RCG; there's a list of really a quadrillion vendors on it...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
and.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Yes. Yes. Yes. I also mentioned about the quadrillion other online vendors you can support...and you did that...so Bravo.

there's so many others...so check them out:

other than hobbypartz, you've got
nitroplanes
banahobby
hobby-lobby
advantage hobby

also do a search here on RCG; there's a list of really a quadrillion vendors on it...

value hobby
heads up rc
altitude hobby

just a few more.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Valenti256 wants the HK forum shut down?

Quote:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817950

On one hand you say the rules allow people to post wherever they want within rules. If the rules are broken, report the post and it will be dealt with. If you are getting warned about flaming threads (and not just the one you were pointed for), but keep going back into them, chances are you are going to get comments from many people. Just because someone had a good experience with HK doesn't mean they are paid employees. That's the comment that probably has people coming back and responding. Saying you are stalked and mocked is sort of like starting a thread that says "don't read this", or making a comment about HK you know will bring negative feedback, and ending the statement saying "i know people will spin and take things off topic". Its a self fulfilling prophecy.

If you are tired of the HK forums, STOP GOING INTO THEM. STOP STARTING THREADS ABOUT THEM. STOP ACCUSING PEOPLE WHO LIKE HK OF BEING PAID SPONSORS.

Just as you and the other name on your account are allowed to go into all areas of the site and make comments, others are as well.

Can't disagree with you more about shutting down the forum. YOU have made your feelings about the company well know, but given the fact that it's about the most popular vendor forum on here, I'm guessing it should stay.

Just my .02.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:42 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817950

If you are tired of the HK forums, STOP GOING INTO THEM. STOP STARTING THREADS ABOUT THEM. STOP ACCUSING PEOPLE WHO LIKE HK OF BEING PAID SPONSORS.

Just as you and the other name on your account are allowed to go into all areas of the site and make comments, others are as well.

Can't disagree with you more about shutting down the forum. YOU have made your feelings about the company well know, but given the fact that it's about the most popular vendor forum on here, I'm guessing it should stay.

Just my .02.
Agreed!

On a side note; The HK forum used to be full of negative threads; well, until someone decided that all the buddy threads should live there- and now all you see are buddy threads...
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Feb 11, 2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Prior post no longer needed. will edit again in 10 days if needed.