Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:14 AM
Poland, Silesian Voivodeship, Tarnowskie Gory
Joined Feb 2012
64 Posts
AutoPilot serial mode PPM can be configured for 12 channels. Since I am using Futaba 10 channel equipment, I would move the OSD controls at 9 channel and APs controls at 10 channel.
Is such a configuration possible and correct?
zbipok is offline Find More Posts by zbipok
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:36 PM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Oct 2006
397 Posts
Yes, you can pick any channel from serial PPM signal and assign it to any AP/OSD function.

Assignment will be done via USB from FPV_manager program. On Autopilot->PPM tab you can select which AP input: pin #1 or pin #6 you want to use as PPM serial input (available starting from latest firmware 1.h), and assign channels to AP functions. In this same tab you can check and verify mapping by observing PPM input and PPM output bars - they will move "on line" according to your stick (and switch) positions in transmitter.
Zbig is offline Find More Posts by Zbig
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,568 Posts
Have you planned on making configurations using handheld devicec such as an Android phone over bluetooth or wifi?
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:34 AM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Oct 2006
397 Posts
Present version of OSD Firmware has got API command set on USART2 socket, but so far only with command dedicated for integration with 3-rd party equippment.
I have on my "to-do" list requests to extend this API to cover all OSD/AP configuration via bluetooth.
But mobile devices with Android or Win8 there is another story. There is no technical or technology issues, but I'm working now on new version of ground station for this system (Telemetry decoder, tracking antenna, diversity, video splitter and data logger).
Anyway API is documented and open for anyone who would like to build such application for mobile devices and offer it for free or commercially. There is no royalty for this API.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:03 AM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Oct 2004
92 Posts
In last days was finished PCB for beta test version of ground station and send to manufacturing. This version will be manufactured in very limited volume only 15 pcs for tests purposes. After test period will be created commercial version of the board. Board looks like on the pictures below .

Ground station will have big LCD with touch panel on the front, tracking antenna driver, 2 channel video diversity, micro SD card for telemetry logging and measuring of current consumption on the ground. Will be mounted inside plastic enclosure.
pitlab is offline Find More Posts by pitlab
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:09 AM
Spain, Valencian Community, Alicante
Joined Feb 2010
25 Posts
Hi all,
Congratulations on this forum, it is helping me.
Sorry for the translation into English, as no English.
I am Spanish, fpv took 7 years, but rookie Pitlab.

I installed the DSB PitLab, but I can not find where OSD calibrated voltages and motor.
many Thanks
PepeTony is offline Find More Posts by PepeTony
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:05 AM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Oct 2006
397 Posts
In OSD menu

Service->Calibrate motor power battery
Service->Calibrate OSD battery
Service->Calibrate current.

All those items are available only when menu is invoked from keyboard, and were disabled from RC switch, due to safety reason (during flight), because calling those functions will temporarily lock other OSD/AP functionalities.

Additionally power battery voltage and current can be calibrated from FPV_manager program via USB cable, go to tab:

FPV_manager->Autopilot->Settings

Btw. What about spanish version of menu? It is quite easy to prepare one and upload into OSD :-)
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:31 AM
Joined Feb 2012
64 Posts
In the aircraft is a very important balance the propeller. I wonder if you could do vibration meter. The measurement result displayed on the OSD. Currently displaying only exceed 2g. Such a measure would reduce to a minimum the vibrations of the aircraft. Sometimes all it takes to turn the propeller in relation to the engine. What do you think?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Oct 2006
397 Posts
The most sensitive vibration meter is... your hand :-)
But frankly speaking it make "limited" sense to measure vibrations in order to balance propeller.
You'll never know which blade is heavier and what to do with those vibrations. You need external propeller balancer anyway.
Aditionally, you do good work to isolate IMU from vibrations, don't you?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:38 AM
Joined Feb 2012
64 Posts
You're right, you can do it by hand, and so I do it. I have external propeller balancer.

In fact, I can connect AP by USB to the FPV Manager and observe the accelerometer on the PC.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:31 AM
Joined Jul 2008
35 Posts
Can I make a suggestion.

ppm rssi signal. like immersionrc use on their receiver.
I have this and my link quality and/or rssi is like a servo signal.
This is the only thing missing for me, everything else is covered.

The configuration I use is
1 ppm signal for all controls -> osd/autopilot
1 pwm rssi signal->osd/autopilot

Look like a great system.

Thanks for listening
michelcote is offline Find More Posts by michelcote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:46 PM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Oct 2006
397 Posts
Unfortunately our RSSI signal is plain ADC input without any filtering, so PWM signal will not work properly. Of course simple low pass filter (resistor in series with capacitor to ground) will solve this problem.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:49 AM
Joined Jul 2008
35 Posts
Thanks for RSSI answer

Other manufacturer configure one on the rc input to do this.
I think that's a scalable graph or % that show rssi simply based on the pwm input of one of the rc input.

I am not very good with circuits, can you show me the values of resistor and capacitor
for a servo pwm that goes in the ADC?
I dont want to burn anything if I decide to go with your system.

Regards
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:50 PM
Warsaw, Poland
Joined Oct 2006
397 Posts
look at the picture:

Capacitor 4.7 to 10 microfarads will be OK.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
35 Posts
Big thanks for the RSSI drawing