to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:47 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
I was about to checkout the mCPX V2 when i saw this... This is going to be my first CP i'm just worried that it won't be beginner friendly.
deffinatelly its not a biginners heli, the 120SR is the best and it flew like a coaxial, this thing mcpx bl is so quite fast and very responsive even in hovering and its a collective pitch heli.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:19 PM
Joined Dec 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819 View Post
its 15g heavier but with that powerful motor

hope they change the ultra micro planes to brushless too
I hope not, if it adds 15g... Even 5g weight penalty severely compromises the low speed characteristics of the brushed 1S planes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic-trip View Post
I was about to get a nano from another member on rcgroups this morning, but then they unveiled the MCPx BL and I decided I think I might have to buy this one instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Hmm, double BL my Nano or get one of these?
The Nano is a living room monster, the mCPx is for outdoors - or larger indoor spaces without fragile inventory. I couldn't live without the Nano sitting on the coffee table always read for an instant stick-fix

Just for the record, yes, some aces can fly the mCPx. BL indoors, but the kinetic energy in the blades are too destructive for the living-room.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:47 PM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,101 Posts
Wow. I LOVE the sounds this thing makes! I only wish I could fly it well enough to hear that tail screaming to keep up.
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:14 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
subscribed
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:30 PM
Z Z
leaving the hobby
United States, MI
Joined Mar 2012
71 Posts
Ditto and hi all fellow rc enthusiasts
Z Z is offline Find More Posts by Z Z
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:32 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
291 Posts
I figured this guy was coming. But I couldn't wait, so now in the micro size I have two Nano's and two 130X's. And one mCPX v1 that no longer gets much airtime. Do I need another one in the middle? Heck yeah!
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:38 PM
"Hey yall watch this"...
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Holy s##t lol sounds insane, recently gave mcpx v2 to my snap-on dealer and miss it, guess ill be adding this to the fleet soon to reaplace it.
Planecraazy is offline Find More Posts by Planecraazy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:39 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,486 Posts
This shouldn't be been a lighter 1s bl bird
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:04 AM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
291 Posts
2S better splits the difference between the Nano and the 130X, and leaves room for a 1S BL Nano in a year or so. The 130X is already a really good small field outdoor flier, so it begs the question of whether this one fills much of a real gap. Not many of us can fly inside like they do in the promo videos. But I guess I won't really know until I have one ... or two.
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:39 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
This has been quite well explained in another thread. A user named Ruzam makes this understandable.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...l#post23843565

The understanding is that an inrunner requires a higher voltage to perform, being that it is a lower torque but higher speed motor. Higher voltages produce higher head speeds, but lower amps, producing less torque for the same wattage requirements. Lower voltages produce more amps, raising the torque, but lowering the head speed.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Last edited by Billz_01; Jan 19, 2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:53 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,009 Posts
This is not a real mCPX but a completely new model that uses its name.

MCPXV2
245mm RD
235mm L
45.5g GW

MCPX BL
263mm RD
250mm L
60.1g GW

The FBL 100/V922 has probably got more in common with the mCPX than this model.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:16 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,486 Posts
Regardless, were is my production run light 1s bl?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:55 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Perhaps you're right about it being completely new. Although the (I think v3) extended tail boom is 27mm longer than the v1 mcpx, and the extra weight could possibly be from a 2s power system. It is described on the HH website that it has a new rotor head design and a larger rotor diameter. Also a 2.5mm tail boom (which I currently use now anyway).

There are many differences, but I don't think we will know all of them until someone puts up a comparison spec list/video. None the less, I still want one. The mcpx v1's that I have fly great, so I can only imagine the BL to be a real performer. A better real life sim to help teach me to fly my 300x. :-)
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:28 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Perhaps you're right about it being completely new. Although the (I think v3) extended tail boom is 27mm longer than the v1 mcpx, and the extra weight could possibly be from a 2s power system. It is described on the HH website that it has a new rotor head design and a larger rotor diameter. Also a 2.5mm tail boom (which I currently use now anyway).

There are many differences, but I don't think we will know all of them until someone puts up a comparison spec list/video. None the less, I still want one. The mcpx v1's that I have fly great, so I can only imagine the BL to be a real performer. A better real life sim to help teach me to fly my 300x. :-)
^5 I'm with you. Plus if you add it all up. Buying a v1 or v2 and upgrading it to match the BL you will pay way more. Plus no warrenty once you start the first upgrade.

I for one, already have the BL programed into my DX6i just waiting for April when I order mine.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp