HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:47 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Just tried this and it won't do anything now - just a slow flashing blue light (not the fast flashing blue for binding).
I hesitate to mention this, because it's probably not the problem you're having.

Both my mcpx and Nano started giving me tail motor problems. I'd just changed out a broken nano tail, so I thought I might have gotten a bad replacement. But then I lost rudder control on the mcpx (it was a bad day at the indoor fly). Thought a rebind might fix it, but had trouble rebinding and still no joy. The slow flashing started, which I recognized as the throttle hold condition when using the RTF controller. The mcpx had rebound in RTF mode, not computer mode and nothing I did would get it to bind in the proper mode.

After more investigation it turned out the rudder channel on my dx6i failed. Without it there's obviously no rudder control, and rebinding caused the mcpx to go into RTF mode. With the help of a buddy's transmitter we proved the mcpx was just fine, and my transmitter was broken.

I don't know why the rudder channel (and only the rudder channel) failed on the transmitter. Took it apart and couldn't find anything wrong (broken wires and such). Re-plugged pot connectors and now it's working again (knock on wood).

So check your transmitter against another aircraft to make sure the rudder channel in working order. FAIK HH hasn't released an mCPX BL RTF, but I don't see why they'd throw away the RTF mode in the 3-in-1, so make sure your mcpx BL hasn't gotten bound in the wrong mode.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:37 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzam View Post
I hesitate to mention this, because it's probably not the problem you're having.

Both my mcpx and Nano started giving me tail motor problems. I'd just changed out a broken nano tail, so I thought I might have gotten a bad replacement. But then I lost rudder control on the mcpx (it was a bad day at the indoor fly). Thought a rebind might fix it, but had trouble rebinding and still no joy. The slow flashing started, which I recognized as the throttle hold condition when using the RTF controller. The mcpx had rebound in RTF mode, not computer mode and nothing I did would get it to bind in the proper mode.

After more investigation it turned out the rudder channel on my dx6i failed. Without it there's obviously no rudder control, and rebinding caused the mcpx to go into RTF mode. With the help of a buddy's transmitter we proved the mcpx was just fine, and my transmitter was broken.

I don't know why the rudder channel (and only the rudder channel) failed on the transmitter. Took it apart and couldn't find anything wrong (broken wires and such). Re-plugged pot connectors and now it's working again (knock on wood).

So check your transmitter against another aircraft to make sure the rudder channel in working order. FAIK HH hasn't released an mCPX BL RTF, but I don't see why they'd throw away the RTF mode in the 3-in-1, so make sure your mcpx BL hasn't gotten bound in the wrong mode.
Thanks for the suggestion. Don't think it's the transmitter, though. I'm using it to fly a number of other helis and planes without any problems (using a DX18). I tried rebinding while holding right rudder, but the heli just keeps flashing a slow steady blue and doesn't respond to anything. The transmitter says bind failed. I'm just going to have to send it in, I guess.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:35 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,935 Posts
Ok - I had what I would call a pretty good wag at hover.. I looked through my bag of tricks - found an old stock MCPX tail and WAY better.. Very slight wag, very slight, enough to not care and barely notice.. Tail holds rock solid still and piro moves much smoother. Well alright.

And man, in fast reverse flight that tail motor SCREAMS! hahaa WIIWIIIWIIWIWWIIIIII

Love it. Just flew in 25mph wind and it handled like a champ.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:50 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Many people including myself. Video?

J
It is my thought that the rotational issue that some say they have is probably not being used to the power of the heli. It has so much pop it is easy to over do it in collective so it can seem like it doesn't rotate as fast. I think after I have a few more batteries through it I will be able to flip right in place

mcpx BL indoor flip test (2 min 22 sec)
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:14 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,900 Posts
Excellent! Looks normal to me. Was that ST2 with 100 across the throttle?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:25 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,114 Posts
Well the wife isn't too happy with me but I just bought 1 of the classifieds. Should be here by Friday which is a good thing since I just blew up my nano board again. Note to self trying to fly inverted in 20 mile an hour winds Is not such a good idea.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:32 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Excellent! Looks normal to me. Was that ST2 with 100 across the throttle?
I think that was 90%..I'll have to have a look. Hopefully ill get outside today where i dont have to try not to his the walls. It flies very nice outside and with the new tail blade the wag in hover has seemed to go away

oh an in case you missed it

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,179 Posts
Quote:

If Indoorheli would stop buying multiple 300X's and get one of these, we could have a nice Family pic again....

Thanks for the video indoorheli
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:56 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

None of that matters now, all is forgiven, AND he is going to go outside with it!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:07 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2006
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Ok - I had what I would call a pretty good wag at hover.. I looked through my bag of tricks - found an old stock MCPX tail and WAY better.. Very slight wag, very slight, enough to not care and barely notice.. Tail holds rock solid still and piro moves much smoother. Well alright.

And man, in fast reverse flight that tail motor SCREAMS! hahaa WIIWIIIWIIWIWWIIIIII

Love it. Just flew in 25mph wind and it handled like a champ.
So, a shorter tailboom is better?
flynfrfun is online now Find More Posts by flynfrfun
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:44 PM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
220 Posts
[QUOTE=indoorheli;24164171]It is my thought that the rotational issue that some say they have is probably not being used to the power of the heli. It has so much pop it is easy to over do it in collective so it can seem like it doesn't rotate as fast. I think after I have a few more batteries through it I will be able to flip right in place

I find it more noticeable when doing aileron flips, but i was just out with my bl today and i agree it is down to collective management. It has soo much more power than the v2 you have to pull neutral pitch quicker to get a tight flip
Regarding wag mine has very little to no wag ,I'm quite happy with it but i cannot see any change when adjusting the gyro setting (dx8) i have the 3 position switch at -100 . 0. +100 .
I would think you would see a difference going from one extreme to the other?
I rebound after turning the gyro on too
Loving this heli so much thinking of pulling the trigger on a 300x
Cheers for now
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:00 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Ok, so I'm still considering this as a replacement for my retired MCPX v1. Do they all have tail wag? Is it something I could test a couple and strike a good one? Is there differences between some of them? (ie 130x has come out with some different parts like the ele servo fet moved and metal B gear etc). Is it worth using this as my yard flyer instead of my nano? I'm wanting a little more power and figured an already BL machine is better than the testing out of different BL gear for the nano. I've got a 130X also, but it is a bit too large for my small yard, so I use my nano frequently instead. I'd like to be able to non 3d style fly inside also, but I do have my nano for those types of things. (figure 8's, tail/nose in pie dish, circuits, etc. when I get better i'll go for those inverted)...

What do you all think???

And nice flying IH. You could flip a 300 in that room of yours. I propose a challenge
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:12 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

Quote:
None of that matters now, all is forgiven, AND he is going to go outside with it!
I would have posted a nice family pic (pyramid), but the goblin 500, mcpx brushless, an incoming 550x and a goblin 770 forced the sale of my 500x, my 130x's, all my nano's and I am down to one brand new 300x.

Unfortunately I cant keep all the heli's I buy. I really miss my 500x, it was a great flying heli
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfrfun View Post
no it will give less tail authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Ok, so I'm still considering this as a replacement for my retired MCPX v1. Do they all have tail wag? Is it something I could test a couple and strike a good one? Is there differences between some of them? (ie 130x has come out with some different parts like the ele servo fet moved and metal B gear etc). Is it worth using this as my yard flyer instead of my nano? I'm wanting a little more power and figured an already BL machine is better than the testing out of different BL gear for the nano. I've got a 130X also, but it is a bit too large for my small yard, so I use my nano frequently instead. I'd like to be able to non 3d style fly inside also, but I do have my nano for those types of things. (figure 8's, tail/nose in pie dish, circuits, etc. when I get better i'll go for those inverted)...

What do you all think???

And nice flying IH. You could flip a 300 in that room of yours. I propose a challenge
I think most have wag out of the box from what i have read. I tried gain but if i went lower it lost the tail in flips. The solution is a kbbd tail blade for the mcpx works solid now. The hole is to tight on the tail blade, so i rammed a sewing needle through it first.

I have flown the 300 in that room but for some reason no matter the heli in that room all my helis slide around. My next door neighbors have some expensive stuff that is a magnet for my helis. I bet I could flip the 300 in my office though...cant hurt the cement floor!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:29 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I've even got some spare KBDD tail blades I use them on my nano.
Are they not different sized rotors though? I'd have thought the tail rotor to be larger on the BL 0_o.

I see an upcoming battle scar video, "300X vs Cement floor"...
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:14 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfrfun View Post
No, I should have said tail rotor - just the prop... It works great.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer