SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post

Got my order from WOW today, replacement boom supports and one complete boom support kit. Not putting on until this servo is replaced. Already broke the end of a support rod again from the fallouts.

What is wrong with the old Tail Boom Support?

Your crash photo showed the broken Tail Boom and TBS, but it looked as if it could be fixed with CF Rod.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2013, 07:35 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
They broke right at the tail end metal holders, broke off inside. Also don't have any of that rod size, pretty small. I CA'd the ends for now, but doesn't look as good and broke one end again today. I'll probably fly them for now. Do need to replace the bottom Wishbone CF motor base anchor for the metal rear arch frame to the supports. One side of the CF plate broke free, sheared. Also CA'd for now, but comes lose and jams up inside Main Gear at times.

Will put it back in good order and alignment to equalize the loading of the boom. When the servo locks it slams the Heli into the turf, usually from inverted, before I can hit the TH. So hard on everything. Will need a new Frame next. 3 pins broke multiple times now. Also going to do the boiling water trick on this next set of skids.

Had good luck through flight 60, but now this servo with the catchy gears has put a little more hurt on it.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 30, 2013, 07:54 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,114 Posts
Just in case you didn't already know about this ebay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/Rock-Bottom-R...=p4634.c0.m322
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Oct 31, 2013, 01:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Just in case you didn't already know about this ebay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/Rock-Bottom-R...=p4634.c0.m322
is this legit, that is everything but canopy and skids for $135.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Oct 31, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
is this legit, that is everything but canopy and skids for $135.
It looks legit because he has a lot of positive feed backs. If you look closely, the skids are included with the main frame.

It looks like that these components were disassembled from complete helis. He seems to have done the same with the 130X

http://stores.ebay.com/Rock-Bottom-R...=p4634.c0.m322
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 31, 2013, 09:32 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper_83 View Post
Depends on what you want it for
For balls out fun. I can fly my regular MCPx fine, incluinding flying canopy in. But I still can't flip it.

So BL or 300x next? The price is about the same right now.
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Oct 31, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
wow, how did I not know about this guy. I could have saved a ton over the last couple years. A complete 300x airframe for $50. A whole 130x tail assembly for less than 1 upgrade part.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Oct 31, 2013, 04:40 PM
Gaui X3, RTF Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,515 Posts
Someone needs to take that Link down or they will sell out in a couple days... I know this from experience.
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Oct 31, 2013, 04:45 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,075 Posts
Nah, I have been buying from this company for a long time. They buy a heli, dismantle it and sell it in meaningful sub-assemblies. They make a good profit margin as they buy the heli at the wholesale price and sell to the public at a reasonable profit. They ship quickly and efficiently. Now I have to kill you ... or cancel your health policy and force you to enroll on Obamacare . :-)
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
Last edited by HPCR; Oct 31, 2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 05:02 PM
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
For balls out fun. I can fly my regular MCPx fine, incluinding flying canopy in. But I still can't flip it.

So BL or 300x next? The price is about the same right now.
Why not?. It does flip nicely.. So make sure you fly in IDLE UP and that you have set both curves correctly and that you have enough pos and neg pitch dialled in.
With that taken care off.. Just take off and fly say 10-15 ft high and establish a nice steady hover. Now , there are two parts to the maneuver. First part is the first 180 degree to inverted, the second part is the 180 degrees from inverted to upright again . Plan to do the two parts seamlessly one after the other at the same rate of speed.
Here is what you do :
Part 1.
Push elevator stick all the way UP GENTLY and watch the heli's tail come up. Once the tail is over the vertical plane move throttle stock DOWN to about 20 percent stick or CLOSE TO ZERO. and complete that stick movement by the time the heli is exactly inverted.
NOW and this is important.. LEAVE YOUR ELEVATOR STICK ALL THE WAY UP and continue seamlessly to part TWO of the maneuver
Part 2
While continue holding the elevator stick all the way up, the heli will continue to flip, NOTE: your throttle stick is still at about 20%. As soon as the heli's tail is again more than 90% over the flip at the bottom, GENTLY move your stick back up to the 80%/ 90% UP position and plan to have done that exactly at the time the heli is horizontal again .
That's it. That was a flip.. Possibly an ugly one but now you know what to expect.

Note: It will happen QUICKLY if you yank the sticks.. just move them gently but resolute and try to make the moves in time with the actual turn / flip of the heli
Just keep enough AIR between the heli and the grass ( 10-15 feet) so you can hit the Throttle HOLD should you panic..
Old Oct 31, 2013, 05:22 PM
Gaui X3, RTF Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post
Nah, I have been buying from this company for a long time. They buy a heli, dismantle it and sell is meaningful sub-assemblies. They make a good profit margin as they buy the heli at the wholesale price and sell to the public at a reasonable profit. They ship quickly and efficiently. Now I have to kill you ... or cancel your health policy and force you to enroll on Obamacare . :-)
The more you share a cheap seller, the faster they sell out. This is why Ultimate Hobbies got in trouble for selling Blade helis so cheap.
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Oct 31, 2013, 07:19 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Got my Wow Hobbies RKH Boom replacement parts and my AMain order today also. New Servo! Replacing the bent MH Solid Mainshaft with a Lynx, new Port Side Servo, new RKH Boom Support Plate and going to Boil the white Skids this time. Torn down already, ready to rebuild quickly.

I put in another order for a Frame, Servo Mechanics, Grommets and another White Skid as a spare. Should be back in good shape tonight with the servo swap. Will test it Inverted and Flipping on the bad skids and support rods, canopy, stock bullets blades before committing to my new Orange Lynx Bullets.

Windy rainout today and tonight. Should have a shot tomorrow at lunch or on Saturday...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
I suspect that the eBay seller does not buy directly from HH but through one or more resellers. Therefore, it will be very difficult for HH to trace how he got the products.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 31, 2013, 07:22 PM
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Got my Wow Hobbies RKH Boom replacement parts and my AMain order today also. New Servo! Replacing the bent MH Solid Mainshaft with a Lynx, new Port Side Servo, new RKH Boom Support Plate and going to Boil the white Skids this time. Torn down already, ready to rebuild quickly.

I put in another order for a Frame, Servo Mechanics, Grommets and another White Skid as a spare. Should be back in good shape tonight with the servo swap. Will test it Inverted and Flipping on the bad skids and support rods, canopy, stock bullets blades before committing to my new Orange Lynx Bullets.

Windy rainout today and tonight. Should have a shot tomorrow at lunch or on Saturday...
That is why I like Blade. soo easy and cheap to rebuild !!!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 07:56 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Yep! Especially this model!

All fixed up now, waiting on permission to use some pan for boiling the skids...

Here is something I just discovered. The Solid CF Mainshafts by MH or Lynx fit the Main Gear too loose. The Key on the Gear and the flat spot on the shaft don't keep the gear from spinning on the shaft. Had to put Quick Grip on the shaft end where the flat is. Then for good measure, Med CA'd the slot in the gear and a little on the end of the gear/shaft. Yesterday it just spun free and the blades stopped and it dropped.

Also stuck a new Tailfin on, but without one yesterday it Definitely did better in the breeze without one on. I did miss the visibility marker on the tail though.